**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge: Season 1 Champion: Rob Brown

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,627 comments
Yokohama Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge

at VIR

Great race, with alot of mid pack battles and tight racing.

And, the Mazda Raceway at Laguna Seca

Awesome battle for 1st by the top 2 drivers in points. (Battle heats up with about 15min to go)
Enjoy.

Also, for anyone looking to get into some more Porsche Cup style action, Fido996 is hosting a short Carrera Cup season on Sundays 3pm est. Its a 4 race series, with 3 race events left to go. He is looking for more drivers to fulfill a possible second grid. Take a look at the link below to see if it might interest you. I raced with this group last week, and they were a fun and very clean group of drivers.
GBRC Carrera Cup 2019

Last edited:
Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge
Pre-Race Event News Report
6125471640163747332_0.jpg

The TPC Racing team of Tex36 in the No. 36, no1needs2perish of the No. 66, and basswerks1 in the "Got Veins" No. 868 are off to a strong start after the first 3 events, leading the Team Points Standings with 140.5 points going into Event #4 at Spa.

6269586827702731276_0.jpg

JDX Racing is currently the closest in the standings with 117.5 points. TheRaceReviewer will be absent from Event #4, so the weight is on Fudman420 in the No. 3 car, and Onyx58 representing the team in the JDX No.43 to close the gap with TPC Racing.

6278031074720253444_0.jpg

ACI Motorsports has a strong set of drivers in nmcp1 (No. 17) and pags (No. 18) that are expected to score strong this week at Spa in the hope of closing the gap or possibly taking the lead in points for team standings. nmcp1 and pags were absent for Event #3, so do not be deceived by their current points tally.
Current points: 111 points

6124908698127074820_0.jpg

Flying Lizard Motorsports has maintained a middle of the pack collection of team points in the 1st three Events with 109 points, but expectations are high for a breakout performance from Phlano_099 in the classic No. 44 Lizard, as well as
II-NOVA-II in the "cloaked" special edition LeMans livery.

With Points being very close between JDX Racing, ACI Motorsports, and Flying Lizard Motorsports, any team could find themselves in a position to threaten TPC Racing for the top spot.

7062283032596611088_0.jpg

NGT Motorsport, currently being carried by GTP_GUIDO in the black and blue No. 26 car has maintained a consistent and solid showing over the first 3 Events, with an overall win in Event #3 at the Nurburgring GP Circuit. Raw10_2u in the No. 27 has had struggles with "car reliability" (wink,wink) over the first 3 events, but the hope is that driver and car will make it to the end of Event #4 to help boost NGT Motorsport in the standings.
Current Points: 95.5 points

6278594024809988620_0.jpg

Kelly-Moss R&R has had some driver absence and turnover in the 1st three events, however, USERID_77a23 has been the constant of the team, and with help from the newly acquired replacement for vsfit, Moby45 is expected to give the team the hopeful boost they need to make a solid grab for points in the coming Events. Gulfvet67 had a solid performance to compliment USERID_77a23's effort in Event #3, but his attendance at present is questionable. Hopefully we hear from him this week on whether he has the No. 61 car ready for Event #4.
Current Points: 80.5 points

6133911497389147652_0.jpg

And our final Team in the news is TOPPRacing. This team has been the hardest hit by early season driver turnover, however, CPT_ROWDYGIFF in the No. 10 Mosing car and Drummer79 in the Kung Fu Saloon No. 42 are eager to turn the season around. With the team finally securing a set of drivers, they are optimistic of scoring some much needed team points in the upcoming events.
Current Points: 57.5

As the season progresses, the points will likely shuffle quite a bit, especially after drop events are taken off. It is still early, and it is any team's Championship.

Good luck to all drivers and teams attending Event #4 at Spa this Friday.

I will be on later - just got home, then Dinnertime.

I opened a lobby. If anyone wants to join I could use some help, not sure what the deal is but this car doesn’t seem to get along with me very well...
0475-4178-3923-8427-7572

I opened a lobby. If anyone wants to join I could use some help, not sure what the deal is but this car doesn’t seem to get along with me very well...
0475-4178-3923-8427-7572
What tune are you using?

Last edited:
@CPT_RowdyGiff
I'm at work so I cant get on right now, but see your pm, or my "tweeked" version of Priano's tune in the tuning list. I pulled a 2:23.8 on race Hards with this tune with consistency in the low 2:24's. Also, do not overdrive this car...hurts time really bad. Hope it helps.

Last edited:
@CPT_RowdyGiff
I'm at work so I cant get on right now, but see your pm, or my "tweeked" version of Priano's tune in the tuning list. I pulled a 2:23.8 on race Hards with this tune with consistency in the low 2:24's. Also, do not overdrive this car...hurts time really bad. Hope it helps.
Thanks, I used that in conjunction with one I started to work on and mashed them up like taters. I now have a tater tot.

8575429845948859920_0.jpg

Event #4 at Spa Francorchamps

Alright Drivers,
Race night is here:gtpflag:
@gulfvet67 has until 5pm est to confirm he is attending, however, if he is not available or does not reply, I have @DesertPenguin ready to race, and 2 more reserves if needed so a 16 car grid is just about guaranteed for tonight.

Event details and the Confirmation post is linked below for reference:

November 15th, Event #4 details

November 15th Event #4 Confirmation Post

**Reserve Drivers, please see your gtplanet PM inbox after 5pm est for Race Night Reserve Driver status**

A Reminder to all Drivers on the grid tonight, please remember this a Snail sanctioned event, and all lobby, chat, and on track rules and etiquette apply.
In regards to Spa, and the potential for track cutting and out of bounds, we will be using a peer to peer policy to govern any off track, track cutting, or overrun incidents. Stewards will not be searching for violations.
** All drivers are asked and encouraged to report any off track/track cutting incidents observed that they feel may have created an advantage as well as any racing incidents involving contact or poor racecraft. (Please review the replay and verify the violation(s) and report at your discretion per the
Penalty IR filing instructions in the first post, tab 4.1
1st Post of Thread

***Self Reported IR's will not be reviewed:
It is up to the driver who was the victim of an incident or was disadvantaged to report an observed offense.***

None of the above will likely be an issue with this group of drivers we have, but I wanted to clarify the standards. Let's continue the high level racing we strive to achieve and maintain.

Event #4 Race Room will be opened (or reset if opened for warmup early) at 9:00pm est.
Please clear your network cache before entering room. Once in, please make your entry. Warm up laps are permitted until the room is reset for qualifying.
All entries of confirmed drivers must be made by 9:15pm est. Review the qualifying procedure if not completely familiar before entering room so we can get things going without issue.
Qualifying Procedure

If anyone is going to be unable to make the race night last minute, please notify me via gtplanet or psn by:
8:30pm est

If anyone is going to be late for the 9:15pm est entry cutoff, please notify me also by 8:30pm est.
**YOUR SPOT WILL BE HELD FOR YOU IF I AM NOTIFIED.**

Looking forward to the racing will all of you, and good luck to everyone on the grid.:cheers:

Last edited:
sry 4 delay Nova been busy will attempt to keep up buddy
No problem gulfvet67, honestly started wondering if you were alright since you are usually quick to reply. It is past 5pm est, so I have to offer the spot to the reserves who confirmed available, but stand by in the event their status changes that they cannot make it. I'll message here and via psn at 9:10pm est if I have not heard from TomMang_68 or ohar. Let me know.

Back