**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge: Season 1 Champion: Rob Brown

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,627 comments
I know you have a full complement of priority drivers and a healthy reserve list as well. I would still like to submit my application in the event there's a chance to dip my toe in the series this season, for consideration as a driver in next season, and to submit/obtain approval of a livery. The livery has an origin in the 80's that was revived and run by Porsche at Petit Le Mans last year.

I have reviewed the Series Details and would like to compete in the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge-presented by Snail.
Select Team: JDX Racing
With: Car No. 911 (I will update livery if number choice approved)
Using: Personalized livery and number under selected Real World Race Team

20200102144711.jpg

3RqxWaW.jpg

I know you have a full complement of priority drivers and a healthy reserve list as well. I would still like to submit my application in the event there's a chance to dip my toe in the series this season, for consideration as a driver in next season, and to submit/obtain approval of a livery. The livery has an origin in the 80's that was revived and run by Porsche at Petit Le Mans last year.

I have reviewed the Series Details and would like to compete in the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge-presented by Snail.
Select Team: JDX Racing
With: Car No. 911 (I will update livery if number choice approved)
Using: Personalized livery and number under selected Real World Race Team

View attachment 878322

View attachment 878323
Welcome to the series as a Reserve Driver. A PM with details and instructions pertaining to Reserve drivers will be sent to you shortly, and you will be added to the Reserve Driver Newsfeed to keep you up to date on primary driver report offs and grid vacancies. Great having you with us.

7422499542582427648_0.jpg

Event #6
January 3rd, 2020
at WeatherTech Raceway
Laguna Seca

Gentleman,
Race night is almost here. All drivers tagged below have confirmed and are expected to race for tonight. We have 3 additional Reserves tonight, so if anyone has a last minute issue or don't think they can make the entire Event, please let me know before 9pm est.

Race Room opens for entry and warmup at 9pm est. Please verify you are on the correct tires and in the correct livery. All entries must be in before qualifying which is set to start at 9:15pm est.
(Primary Party Chat will be opened just before the room creation)

With a full grid nearly guaranteed tonight, and the confines of Laguna Seca, patience and concentration will be required. Be especially patient in the opening laps at turn 1 and the corkscrew...alot of racing lines can and will be used. There is alot of race to jockey for positions, so let's get through those first few laps of both races and let the actual racing settle in as we did at Barcelona.
Looking forward to seeing everyone on the grid tonight and good luck.:cheers:

GRID for EVENT #6 at Laguna Seca

@llNovall
@thracerviewr
@Rob Brown
@TEX36
@GTP_Guido
@basswerks1
@USERID_77a23
@nmcp1
@Fudman420
@CPT_RowdyGiff
@Phlano099
@gulfvet67
@Moby45
@TomMang_68
@FREEREVN
@Drummer79 (covering pags)
@Roman_GT23 (covering TomMang_68)

REMAINING RESERVES AVAILABLE
@DesertPenguin
@SAMHAIN85

Last edited:
@llNovall - my apologies for the late notice but plans have changed and I won’t be available for tonight’s races. Hopefully one of our reserves can fill in.
Thank you TomMang_68 for letting me know. @Roman_GT23 will be quite happy hear the spot has opened. We'll miss ya tonight. Hope to catch you for the Lamborghini series in 2 weeks.

Just a heads up fellas, racing on a wheel setup, not much wheel time, so please bear with me and be patient. I will not intentionally mess up anyone's race. Good luck everyone, cant wait to race tonight.

To be honest we should just be patient with everybody. There are 2 different tire compounds running and this track rewards patient drivers. Any number of us can go off the track all by ourselves without any help. Especially with those Smoked Bologna kerbs they have strategically placed on the apex's to completely f your race up. Lol

My only advice for passing is try your best not to pass people on the left hand turn that sends us to the corkscrew. That turn will always cause accidents. Just fall in line and everywhere else on the track has pretty good passing room given both drivers stay aware. Yes, even the corkscrew has good passing lines, it just requires more focus. Haha

To be honest we should just be patient with everybody. There are 2 different tire compounds running and this track rewards patient drivers. Any number of us can go off the track all by ourselves without any help. Especially with those Smoked Bologna kerbs they have strategically placed on the apex's to completely f your race up. Lol

My only advice for passing is try your best not to pass people on the left hand turn that sends us to the corkscrew. That turn will always cause accidents. Just fall in line and everywhere else on the track has pretty good passing room given both drivers stay aware. Yes, even the corkscrew has good passing lines, it just requires more focus. Haha

Good advice. I'm so out of shape at the corkscrew half the time I'm not even going to entertain that idea tonight. Best place for me will be the first and last turns. Unless someone royally messes up I'll just tuck behind and wait. I agree those curbs are basically Mario Kart red shells that will send you flying. Turn 5 is also weird with its banking as I don't use all of the track for some reason. It's a 40min race I believe so there will be opportunities with mistakes from fatigue. This is a busy track just hot lapping let alone in traffic.

To piggy back this post, turn 1, turn 4, and the corkscrew all present different and equally fast lines creating great opportunities for setting up a pass. As said, be patient and the opening will present itself, and if not, it probably means the lead driver is doing a great job of defending. Another note, this race will be around 27-28 laps per race..plenty of tries, no need to force it. Should be another great race night, and looking forward to it.

Last edited:
To piggy back off the piggy back of the piggy back. If you catch someone that you can clearly tell is working on setting up to pass someone and waiting for the right opportunity, and or you watched them catch the other car, be patient and give them the opportunity to get it setup, cause most likely you will be able to follow though right behind. If you get impatient, most likely your just gonna chaos and make things worse for everyone. I know I’ve been the unfortunate recipient of said chaos a time or two.

Hey guys. Thanks for the race last night. Super challenging trying to stay patient for 40 and then to do it again but fighting through traffic is not easy. I'll post a screenshot of my setup later today. I streamed both races but the first one is probably boring so here's race 2. Also if you fancy like and subscribe to this page! I have content like my gaming rig, other Gran Turismo replays and Reference laps for the Lewis Hamilton TT challenge.

Nice clinic @Roman_GT23 last night. I'm gonna get on and lay down some laps on RH [in place of RM] out of curiosity to see how close I can get to some 1:25s. You really used the rumble strips on the outside approaches, scared me to watch you do that, but I'll give that a try too. Looking forward to see if your set-up helps me a bit also. Congrats.

8575448528468345344_0.jpg

Event #6
Post Race Report
and Scoring
Another one in the books, and another great night of racing. As expected, Laguna Seca presented quite the challenge to just about everyone on the grid.
Congratulations to @Roman_GT23 on a dominant showing, excellent racecraft and patience in both races to take the win for the night. You, @Rob Brown, and @Moby45 were very impressive in your missions to get to the front in Race 2 against a full and very busy track. Great job fellas.
I myself had some amazing battles. One was with @basswerks1 for a few laps, and the highlight was our run through the corkscrew and the following corners, and the other standout was the battle with Moby45 and our exchanging of positions. Those are just 2 that stand out, but many more were had during the night, along with the many other drivers battles I'm sure occurred.
With the challenges of this track, not all drivers were lucky enough to come away unscathed. I myself was tied up in a wreck or 2 and had one off due to my own mistake, and did see alot of other off track single car incidents as well. Hands down, this was probably the most challenging event so far of the season. Overall though, I feel the racing was clean and any racing incidents I witnessed were just that, so as a whole, the night was imo another success.

As you will see in the scoring sheets, there is quite the points battle brewing in the top 4 in standings, and as for team points standings, TPC Racing continues to run away with the lead. Should be an exciting run to the end of the season.

The score sheets for Event #6 are complete:
Screenshot_20200104-104621_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20200104-104659_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20200104-104713_Sheets.jpg

**If there are any incidents that anyone would like to have reviewed, please file your IR per the instructions in the first post, tab 4.1 by this Monday, 8pm est**

Again, great racing, and thanks to all of you for your commitment, communication, and overall sportsmanship.

Event #7 details, date, venue, etc will be posted later this week. Stay up to date with the thread. I will see some of you for the Lamborghini Super Trofeo series Event #2 on January17th, and the rest of you for Event #7 at Interlagos.
:cheers:
II-NOVA-II
Chris

Just watched the Race 2 replay:
@Moby45, heck of a job fending off @Roman_GT23 for as long as you did. I think I saw 3 different times where he made an outside passing attempt just for you to fight him off, very cleanly I will add. Nice job to both of you. Was exciting to watch.
Many other battles were captured as well all across the grid. Below are full length replays of both races. I tried to catch as many battles and passes as I could.
Enjoy.
Race 1 Replay

Race 2 Replay

8583892777903883784_0.jpg
8575448528468345344_0.jpg
8431305861933073920_0.jpg

Last edited:
Just watched the Race 2 replay:
@Moby45, heck of a job fending off @Roman_GT23 for as long as you did. I think I saw 3 different times where he made an outside passing attempt just for you to fight him off, very cleanly I will add. Nice job to both of you. Was exciting to watch.
Many other battles were captured as well all across the grid. Below are full length replays of both races. I tried to catch as many battles and passes as I could.
Enjoy.
Race 1 Replay

Race 2 Replay

Keeping him at bay was pretty tough. My setup for Laguna was suffering from a lot of understeer. I am curious to try Romans setup when he posts it. I also noticed during the replay that my car was sitting too low with too much body lean. So that could have caused some of that understeer issue.

Was a very fun race! I have done so many laps at Laguna but that was before they put those huge kerbs on the apexs. I am still getting used to that. My muscle memory keeps taking over though causing me to turn in too early and hitting those stupid kerbs lol

Back