**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge: Season 1 Champion: Rob Brown

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,627 comments
Thanks for the input. We run an open qualifying session as well with a manual race start since the formal qualifying session tends to be hindered by issues. I have found in my experiences, and with the help from SAMHAIN85 that if you select the green check mark just to make your entry (but not enter track), then select the "options" icon (no need to change anything) and then exit options that it sets your setting correctly. It can be verified by looking at the members list option at the top of the screen. From there, it seems to be fine duri g the open lap/qualifying session and the manually started race. It seems anytime there is a return to lobby before or between races, that the setting can be flawed and needs to be checked and/or reset.

Just tried that method, still it dropped my abs to where it acted like it was on weak even though it’s supposed to be default. I think the best bet is to run host set grid, run qual get grid set then let everyone who wishes back out and do the abs flip flop thing before feature is started.

Edit:
Before the next feature I ran some practice laps verifying my abs was at default. Then went back to lobby switched it off, went on track and verified it was off. Went back to lobby and switched abs back to default and went back on track again to verify it was back to default. Had abs for the feature this time. I see almost 1sec per lap difference for me.

Last edited:
Just tried that method, still it dropped my abs to where it acted like it was on weak even though it’s supposed to be default. I think the best bet is to run host set grid, run qual get grid set then let everyone who wishes back out and do the abs flip flop thing before feature is started.
We will run it that way then.
At end of qualifying, room will be reset, with the grid to be set by host based off qualifying. All drivers are to perform their ABS verify/fix process. Once all drivers make their entry, the race will be started.

Event #7 Race room is open:
ID: 0475 4125 4410 9108 1284

PARTY CHAT OPEN. Hosted by USERID_77a23

Warm up permitted until 9:15pm est.

We will run it that way then.
At end of qualifying, room will be reset, with the grid to be set by host based off qualifying. All drivers are to perform their ABS verify/fix process. Once all drivers make their entry, the race will be started.

You don’t need to reset the room. Just post that grid is set then drivers can exit track and do the thing.

Don’t need help for this race. But not sure what to make of abs. I’ve always looked in the gear icon. Checked member list per instruction and it didn’t match.

Xd-out, check gear icon (default), green up, check member list (weak), check gear icon (default).
Did that process twice. Same outcome each time.
I did not exit lobby as qualifying was under way.

That is how I raced tonight. What was my actual on-track abs setting? It felt like default. I raced both settings both custom race and online test lobby.

Edit: both matched in race 2

Last edited:
8430823167736446976_0.jpg

POST RACE REPORT
Event #7 at Interlagos
Congratulations to @Rob Brown for the overall win at Interlagos for Event #7 of the Snail-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Series :cheers:

As expected, the night was full of battles all over the grid with overall very good, clean, and sportsmanlike racecraft for such a close quarters track. @Rob Brown, @SAMHAIN85 and @CPT_RowdyGiff had a serious 3 way run for the top spot in both races. I watched the replays, and it was alot of fun watching that chess match unfold. @USERID_77a23 and @DesertPenguin had a long run of battles over the course of both races, as did myself, @basswerks1 and @Fudman420. As is the norm lately, bass and I just can't seem to avoid running through difficult corners side by side:cheers:. Nice job, and great racing. A nod to @TEX36 on a valiant effort in holding off the hounds during race 2 to defend 1st place for as long as possible. While the big 3 tonight finally got around, you didn't make it easy and you finished a solid 4th place in race 2.

A great thanks to @SAMHAIN85 and @Noob01_lmdead for racing with us tonight as Reserve drivers:cheers:. Always a great time having you, and hope we can get you fellas on the grid with us a few more times before the season is over. I will keep both of you on the Reserve driver roster for the time being and include you both in the Newsfeed pm to keep you up to date on race night status and grid availability.

Overall standings are heating up, and as the season gets closer to the end and drop events come into play, I expect the numbers to be quite interesting and possibly closer than they appear.
Also, team standings have been updated, and while Flying Lizard Motorsports has been able to secure 2nd place with ACI Motorsports in striking distance, TPC Racing continues to run away in points for the series. Another sheet to keep your eye on.

Anyway, the scoring sheets are below:
Screenshot_20200201-013450_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20200201-013520_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20200201-013548_Sheets.jpg

Great job to everyone on the grid tonight. I had another awesome night of racing (even though it wasn't my best showing), and am already looking forward to our next one:
Event #8, on Friday, February 21st, 2020
at Mount Panorama.

Event details post will be out later this week. All drivers are welcome to confirm at anytime, and a Confirmation post will be out as a reminder as we get closer to our next race night.

Pictures and replays to be posted of Event #7 in the coming days.

Last edited:
View attachment 886824
POST RACE REPORT
Event #7 at Interlagos
Congratulations to @Rob Brown for the overall win at Interlagos for Event #7 of the Snail-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Series :cheers:

As expected, the night was full of battles all over the grid with overall very good, clean, and sportsmanlike racecraft for such a close quarters track. @Rob Brown, @SAMHAIN85 and @CPT_RowdyGiff had a serious 3 way run for the top spot in both races. I watched the replays, and it was alot of fun watching that chess match unfold. @USERID_77a23 and @DesertPenguin had a long run of battles over the course of both races, as did myself, @basswerks1 and @Fudman420. As is the norm lately, bass and I just can't seem to avoid running through difficult corners side by side:cheers:. Nice job, and great racing. A nod to @TEX36 on a valiant effort in race 2 in trying to hold down 1st place for as long as possible. While the big 3 tonight finally got around, you didn't make it easy and you finished a solid 4th place.

A great thanks to @SAMHAIN85 and @Noob01_lmdead for racing with us tonight as Reserve drivers:cheers:. Always a great time having you, and hope we can get you fellas on the grid with us a few more times before the season is over. I will keep both of you on the Reserve driver roster for the time being and include you both in the Newsfeed pm to keep you up to date on race night status and grid availability.

Overall standings are heating up, and as the season gets closer to the end and drop events come into play, I expect the numbers to be quite interesting a d possibly closer than they appear.
Also, team standings have been updated, and while Flying Lizard Motorsports has been able to secure 2nd place with ACI Motorsports in striking distance, TPC Racing continues to run away in points for the series. Another sheet to keep your eye on.

Anyway, the scoring sheets are below:

Great job to everyone on the grid tonight. I had another awesome night of racing (even though it wasn't my best showing), and am already looking forward to our next one:
Event #8, on Friday, February 21st, 2020
at Mount Panorama.

Event details post will be out later this week. All drivers are welcome to confirm at anytime, and a Confirmation post will be out as a reminder as we get closer to our next race night.

Pictures and replays to be posted of Event #7 in the coming days.

Pretty stoked about my results. Now if I could just figure out how to do that every time....

Greet job @llNovall with the division splits, for me to be able to hang with @SAMHAIN85 says something. :cheers:

Edit: make sure you get replay of me doing the ole bump and run on Sam in race 2 lol :cheers:

I had a blast last night. I’ve always done well at Interlagos. Not sure why I can get around there and then other tracks, I feel like I get mowed down.
Sam and Johnny sure made it fun in both races.
My teammates were in first & second place for the first half of race 2. Thought we had a chance to pull off a 1,2,3 finish. Wasn’t quite in the cards, but team TPC is going strong!

I had a blast last night. I’ve always done well at Interlagos. Not sure why I can get around there and then other tracks, I feel like I get mowed down.
Sam and Johnny sure made it fun in both races.
My teammates were in first & second place for the first half of race 2. Thought we had a chance to pull off a 1,2,3 finish. Wasn’t quite in the cards, but team TPC is going strong!

Nice racing last night! I almost hopped out of the lobby, just to watch the 3 of you race! I did find myself watching the course map, keeping an eye on you 3! Fantastic race gentleman!

8431381716826882056_0.jpg

Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge

Event #8, Friday
February 21st, 2020
at Mount Panorama

Race Event Settings and Details

Track: Mount Panorama
Time of Day: 16:30
Conditions: Evening/Clear
Race1 Laps: (40 min), Fastest First
Race 2 Laps: (40 min), Reverse Grid

Vehicle
'16 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
491hp
2723lbs
Tuning Permitted

Target lap time spread: mid 2:06's to 2:08's

Linked for Reference
SNAIL- Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Qualifying Procedure

-Above are all the Event #8 details for anyone who would like to get a jump on some practice/lapping sessions.
-Confirmation to Attend Post/Reminder will be posted to the thread on Monday, February 10th, 2020. Please look in on this thread and reply here or via psn.
(Any Drivers who wish to confirm attendance early may do so at any time).
Reminder: Reserve driver priority is based on date and time availability was confirmed.

See some of you for the other scheduled Friday night Cup events, and the rest if you on Race night.

Last edited:
Event #7, Race 1 Replay Footage.

Replay condensed to cover battles and passes of Race 1. Great battle early between @SAMHAIN85, @Rob Brown and @CPT_RowdyGiff for the front. @DesertPenguin and @USERID_77a23 had a long dogfight that last nearly 3/4s of the race. @TEX36 had a beautiful pass into turn 1 S's on @FREEREVN at the 15 minute mark, and the standout highlight of this race was the final 2 minutes/last lap battle for 5th place between @Noob01_lmdead and @DesertPenguin. Very fun to watch, and great racecraft fellas. :cheers:
Enjoy.

Race 2 on the way.

Last edited:
Dang I signed up for first reserve for this car at Mount Panorama. In the words of Gordon Ramsay. **** me :lol::scared:
Lol:cheers: The ultimate challenge would have been at night, but I figured numbers would irregularly down, so daytime it is. :)

Last edited:
Just watched 12hrs at bathurst,,they started at night, looked really cool! Haven't finished it yet, so no spoilers!!

Actually, I think this race could go better than we all anticipate. We did great considering how confined Laguna Seca and Interlagos were, and other than the mountain section walls at Mount Panorama, the other 1/2 of the track is open. If we all can be patient thru the Mountain pass, and pick our spots in open track we could do alright.

Actually, I think this race could go better than we all anticipate. We did great considering how confined Laguna Seca and Interlagos were, and other than the mountain section walls at Mount Panorama, the other 1/2 of the track is open. If we all can be patient thru the Mountain pass, and pick our spots in open track we could do alright.
I think the hardest part will be going down the mountain after Skyline. Car gets light and with all the weight in the rear...

Event #7, Race 1 Replay Footage.

Replay condensed to cover battles and passes of Race 1. Great battle early between @SAMHAIN85, @Rob Brown and @CPT_RowdyGiff for the front. @DesertPenguin and @USERID_77a23 had a long dogfight that last nearly 3/4s of the race. @TEX36 had a beautiful pass into turn 1 S's on @FREEREVN, and the standout highlight of this race was the final 2 minutes/last lap battle for 5th place between @Noob01_lmdead and @DesertPenguin. Very fun to watch, and great racecraft fellas. :cheers:
Enjoy.

Race 2 on the way.

I had to be on defense that whole race

Back