**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge: Season 1 Champion: Rob Brown

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,627 comments
I am guessing that I should practice before Friday night. Problem is that I stole the monitor and took it to work [cause my work monitor died].
Practiced with a crappy 39” 720p monitor last night. I feel like I’m looking at VR type resolution because the pixels are so large. FOV is off but I did lay down one 2:03.8 (I think). It’s a struggle to stay consistent in 2:04s. Ought to be fun. It’ll be hard not to blow turn1 in the heat of battle.

Team Standings and Drivers
for Event #9 at Suzuka

TPC Racing: 372 points

@Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (66)
@TEX36 /TEX36 (36)

@PrivateSmiles /PrivateSmiles (5) Reserve
6269586830303166980_0.jpg

Flying Lizard Motorsports: 342 points
@llNovall /II-NOVA-II (80)
@Phlano099 /Phlano_099 (44)

lizards.jpg

ACI Motorsports: 300.5 points

@nmcp1 /nmcp1 (17)
@GCimprezaFTW / GCimprezaFTW (18)
ACI Nmcp and gc.jpg

NGT Motorsport: 268.5 points

@GTP_Guido /GTP_Guido (26)
@Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76 (23) Reserve
NGT Guido and No 23.jpg

Kelly-Moss R&R: 265 points

@USERID_77a23 /USERID_77a23 (52)
@gulfvet67 /gulfvet67 (61)
@Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc (73) Reserve
Kelly moss user gulf no 73.jpg

JDX Racing: 251 points

@Fudman420 /Fudman420 (3)
@Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (2)
jdx fud and roman.jpg

ToPP Racing: 158.5 points

@CPT_RowdyGiff /Johnnyg_91 (91)
@Kevin Barrett /KO-Barrett (42) (Platinum Class-need to update the car picture)
topp johnny and kbarret.jpg

Good Luck to all the teams and Drivers tonight. See you all on the grid.:cheers:

Last edited:
Sorry for who's races I spoiled. I literally fell.apart in the 2nd race and I just rage quit when I spun for the 3rd time. Ugh F this car when I'm tired 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Sorry for who's races I spoiled. I literally fell.apart in the 2nd race and I just rage quit when I spun for the 3rd time. Ugh F this car when I'm tired 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Ok cool. Was wondering what happen. I was starting to fall apart towards the end as well...just survived to end of race 2. Good racing tonight, and see you in the Lamborghini at Lago:cheers:

Last edited:
Well, my apologies for screwing up T1 of race 1. Got a little wide and reigned back in but momentarily lost the backend. I think it was Roman (platinum 1) who I about took out. Probably caused some pucker - I know you couldn’t have driven a nail up my . . .
Race 2, I tapped Nova but he’s soo talented (platinum 2) that he saved it. Then I got under Nmcp (platinum 3) and panicked under braking - sending him wide in the turn, but he keeps it gathered and aside from letting PrivateSmiles go by us both (who I just now realize was my teammate! - honestly I didn’t know at the time), we go on to battle sever more laps. Then, I’m chasing Impreza and get the Porsche completely sideways and gather it back up before losing any positions.
Okay, nobody’s going to give me any sympathy, right? Well, it’s just to say it wasn’t easy. But anything worthwhile normally isn’t! Thanks to all!

Well, my apologies for screwing up T1 of race 1. Got a little wide and reigned back in but momentarily lost the backend. I think it was Roman (platinum 1) who I about took out. Probably caused some pucker - I know you couldn’t have driven a nail up my . . .
Race 2, I tapped Nova but he’s soo talented (platinum 2) that he saved it. Then I got under Nmcp (platinum 3) and panicked under braking - sending him wide in the turn, but he keeps it gathered and aside from letting PrivateSmiles go by us both (who I just now realize was my teammate! - honestly I didn’t know at the time), we go on to battle sever more laps. Then, I’m chasing Impreza and get the Porsche completely sideways and gather it back up before losing any positions.
Okay, nobody’s going to give me any sympathy, right? Well, it’s just to say it wasn’t easy. But anything worthwhile normally isn’t! Thanks to all!
Great job tonight Rob Brown. :cheers: For such a crowded track, I feel everyone did an amazing job at running clean and respectful, and from what I saw in my skim of the replays, what incidents that occurred all.looked to be racing incidents with concession granted in just about all of them. On that note, if anyone does care to have a questionable incident reviewed, see tab 4.1 for instructions on how to file. Only reported incidents will be reviewed.
Scoring and a full post race report will be out some time between tomorrow night and Sunday. I will guarantee that there will be a driver placement change coming...you know who you are;), and possibly one more. Captured lap times and will be reviewing. Post race report will announce any changes.
On that note, great racing to everyone, especially our new entry @Kevin Barrett and our Reserves who joined us tonight. This is not an easy field to navigate given how tight the competition has proven to be, and you fellas did well considering. I hope you all enjoyed the racing and the competition. @PrivateSmiles ,it was great having you on the grid tonight. I have slotted you onto the Scoresheet and will be adding you to the roster to be tagged as a Reserve driver for our remaining events. If available, I would be happy to have for any races that you might be available and needed. Simply reply, or confirm early as you do in the Lambo series to establish your reserve driver priority. Great job tonight:cheers:
To hold you all over until the post race report, below is the Scoresheet and standings showing drop scores through this event.

Great racing with everyone this evening!
Great job tonight Rob Brown. :cheers: For such a crowded track, I feel everyone did an amazing job at running clean and respectful, and from what I saw in my skim of the replays, what incidents that occurred all.looked to be racing incidents with concession granted in just about all of them. On that note, if anyone does care to have a questionable incident reviewed, see tab 4.1 for instructions on how to file. Only reported incidents will be reviewed.
Scoring and a full post race report will be out some time between tomorrow night and Sunday. I will guarantee that there will be a driver placement change coming...you know who you are;), and possibly one more. Captured lap times and will be reviewing. Post race report will announce any changes.
On that note, great racing to everyone, especially our new entry @Kevin Barrett and our Reserves who joined us tonight. This is not an easy field to navigate given how tight the competition has proven to be, and you fellas did well considering. I hope you all enjoyed the racing and the competition. @PrivateSmiles ,it was great having you on the grid tonight. I have slotted you onto the Scoresheet and will be adding you to the roster to be tagged as a Reserve driver for our remaining events. If available, I would be happy to have for any races that you might be available and needed. Simply reply, or confirm early as you do in the Lambo series to establish your reserve driver priority. Great job tonight:cheers:
To hold you all over until the post race report, below is the Scoresheet and standings showing drop scores through this event.

Really enjoyed the race! Very clean and respectful, and I learned a lot watching @Rob Brown and @nmcp1.

Hope to join you all again soon! 👍

@GCimprezaFTW I just watched the first race replay. So in lap1, T1 when I lost the rear end, it wasn't Roman but indeed you that stopped my coming back across the inside of the track. (You told me in chat afterwards but I can't distinguish everybody's voice in chat). Sorry (to say the least), I had no idea it put you so far back. That put you in a long battle for 5th place behind Nova, Nmcp and Raul. It definitely put you in a hole from which you had to climb and claw your way out. You probably would have been fighting for a podium had I not porked your race - really sorry. Perhaps I've got my reward as I've been assigned RH. (Look for me spinning at a location near you in the future!)

@GCimprezaFTW I just watched the first race replay. So in lap1, T1 when I lost the rear end, it wasn't Roman but indeed you that stopped my coming back across the inside of the track. (You told me in chat afterwards but I can't distinguish everybody's voice in chat). Sorry (to say the least), I had no idea it put you so far back. That put you in a long battle for 5th place behind Nova, Nmcp and Raul. It definitely put you in a hole from which you had to climb and claw your way out. You probably would have been fighting for a podium had I not porked your race - really sorry. Perhaps I've got my reward as I've been assigned RH. (Look for me spinning at a location near you in the future!)

I'm not even remotely upset about the mistake. This is what we signed up for. It was a legitimate mistake and I can't even be upset because the battle with Nova, nmcp1, Raul, and I was an absolute stunner. As I said in the chat, unlike 95% of the racing on GT, if you get spun out in this series, you're going to be battling for whatever position you get knocked down to, so I can't complain. Raul had a mistake that knocked me out later on in the race as well (emphasize mistake, I just happened to be collateral damage) and all of a sudden I'm battling with fudman, which was first class racing for something like ninth place haha. It was fantastically respectful racing, as always, last night gentlemen. Looking forward to Fuji, with a proper transmission tune this time!

How can i Join the lambo series?
You just did:cheers:. I'll get you on the Scoresheet and the roster. Will you be wanting a livery created for you, or would you like to render one within the series standards shown in tab 3.3 of the Lamborghini Super Trofeo series 1st post? Also, will you be racing with us on April 3rd at Lago? Let me know, and glad to have you with us:cheers:

8502826895755182592_0.jpg

POST RACE REPORT

Event #9 at Suzuka Circuit

Congratulations to @Rob Brown for the overall and dominant win at Suzuka for Event #9. :cheers: Your pace and consistency were both at the top as the result reflected. Great job.

Again, as I can't speak for everyone else's races, I know I had some battles with a whole group of drivers. @nmcp1 and I had our usual tug and pull of a battle with a nice pass on his part when I went in a bit deep, and I was able to return the favor going into T1 and the S's side by side on the outside. Absolutely awesome racecraft through that section:cheers:. I had some battles with @CPT_RowdyGiff for a few laps in both races, some good nose to tail action with @Noob01_lmdead and @Fudman420, and I'm sure a few others that I'll catch in a full replay viewing later on. The highlight pass that I was victim to by @Rob Brown at the entry to 130r was epic. I did watch that a few times. Brave man, you are:nervous:. I will be YouTube capturing replays of the 2 races over the next week or so and will try to catch as many highlights as possible.
@GCimprezaFTW, great job on another strong and clean performance...you are a perfect fit and add to our series.
KO-BARRETT great racing and pace once you settled in. Your pace is up there among the top on those race hards...hang in there. I'm sure as you get more familiar with this group, you will be a strong contender. Hope to see you for the Lambo series and at our next Porsche event at Fuji.
@Bologna_Duc @Noob01_lmdead and @PrivateSmiles: it was great having you fellas on the grid with us and look forward to having you guys any time your available and needed. Be sure to secure your Reserve priority as soon as you know you will be available to get the best chances at securing a spot if opened.

Suzuka certainly presented a challenge and did snag a few victims who nipped the grass or painted runoff areas. As a result, there were a few incidents that occurred throughout the 2 races, but all seemed to be a result of a mistake or just good hard racing...nothing that seemed bad, and concessions were granted when they did occur. Again, a testament to the sportsmanship and etiquette among this group of drivers. Great job to all of you as well.:cheers:

If anyone would like to have an incident reviewed, see tab 4.1 in the first post for instructions on filing an ir.

As an announcement: After review of some lap data and comparisons among the Platinum drivers group, @Rob Brown had the pace and the solid consistency to be moved up into the Platinum Class to finish out the season. Congratulations and good luck on the added challenge.👍
One other driver was being reviewed who had some amazing fast lap pace, however, his consistency still was not strong enough to warrant a class change (for now).

Scores and Standing are displayed in the tab below:
Screenshot_20200321-131034_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20200321-131058_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20200321-131123_Sheets.jpg

Here are some Race Photos captured from both races:
8512392641009156608_0.jpg
8502822497842889224_0.jpg
8511829699245114888_0.jpg
8368281859032875528_0.jpg
8359274660315006464_0.jpg
8368281848834425352_0.jpg
8502826895755182592_0.jpg
8503389845842821632_0.jpg
8503389837655541248_0.jpg
8512397038520894984_0.jpg
8358707310235747840_0.jpg
8368277458907038216_0.jpg
8368277461054521856_0.jpg
8358707300976821760_0.jpg
8503385448130806280_0.jpg

Lastly, our next event on the schedule is: Event #10 at Fuji F on Friday, April 17th, 2020, 9pm est

Drivers are welcome to confirm their status for this event at any time, and the Event Details Post and formal Confirmation Reminder Post will be out be out in the coming weeks.

See everyone on the grid at Fuji:cheers:

Last edited:
Yes i
You just did:cheers:. I'll get you on the Scoresheet and the roster. Will you be wanting a livery created for you, or would you like to render one within the series standards shown in tab 3.3 of the Lamborghini Super Trofeo series 1st post? Also, will you be racing with us on April 3rd at Lago? Let me know, and glad to have you with us:cheers:[/QUOT
You just did:cheers:. I'll get you on the Scoresheet and the roster. Will you be wanting a livery created for you, or would you like to render one within the series standards shown in tab 3.3 of the Lamborghini Super Trofeo series 1st post? Also, will you be racing with us on April 3rd at Lago? Let me know, and glad to have you with us:cheers:

Yes i want an spot
I will download a livery, am not good at design

Yes i

Yes i want an spot
I will download a livery, am not good at design
The liveries are very series specific. Send me a pic of the livery you would like to use, and I'll duplicate render it for you with the required series details. I will add you as confirmed for our next Event at Lago on April 3rd. Looking forward to more racing with you.:cheers:

Here is a video from round 9 race 1. Not sure if I got most of the action or not. I’ll be doing race 2 today so If you know of a certain lap that there was racing action in race 2 let me know.

Great race footage Johnny:cheers:. Caught a bunch of great passes and attempts. I did not realize our shootout lasted as long as it did toward the end of this race. Good stuff:tup:
I have added your video to the media section in the first post. Thanks again for taking the time and sharing.:cheers:

Oh I was using it all, couldn’t get it in there enough to get by you. Most fun I’ve had in a long time. :cheers:
I saw that peek at turn 1 on Lap 18, and I remember being very deliberate in car placement to defend. You had me on outright pace...had to place the car as best as possible. Too bad I nipped that apron on the exit of 130r....could have been a run to the finish line. Awesome race.

**Attention Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge and
Lamborghini Super Trofeo Cup Drivers**
While there is plenty of racing left in both series from now until mid June, I would like to tag and notify everyone who has participated in one or both Cup series of my next race series to be launched.

SNAIL Gr4-Michelin Pilot Cup Challenge Multi-Class Series

There will be a total of 22 exclusive spots (16 Primary/6 Reserve) available. Please have a look through the linked post, and if interested, test and decide on a car (and a backup in the event your preferred car is gone), and be ready to post your entry and car choice at 12pm Noon Est, next Wednesday, April 1st. The roster and car selection priority will be filled on a first to post basis. (Any drivers outside the top 22, will be placed on a waiting list in the event we have any drivers drop out during Testing/Trialing of the series.)

The Season is planned to start early August to allow June/July for testing. (If driver consensus is strong enough for a late July start, we may start early)

It may seem like a long lead in time, but April/May will be used for recruitment, driver initial time Trialing, driver team ups, and livery creation, along with still being consumed by the Porsche and Lambo series events. June/July will have multiple Exhibition events scheduled to get as much driver data as possible from as many drivers as possible at as many different size tracks as possible in the effort to dial all drivers and skill levels into a very tightly packed pace grouping. I hope this interests some of you to join us for another great series.
6124926286622130692_0.jpg

llNovall
@Rob Brown
@TEX36
@GTP_Guido
@USERID_77a23
@nmcp1
@Fudman420
@CPT_RowdyGiff
@Phlano099
@gulfvet67
@Moby45
@TomMang_68
@Roman_GT23
@GCimprezaFTW
@Kevin Barrett
@DesertPenguin
@SlvrOnyx
@pags
@Bologna_Duc
@SAMHAIN85
@Noob01_lmdead
@SDM_Viper
@Whitey093
@Mark Elman / LmanKram7
@ThomRos02
@Kgffy
@bigbeefytaco / LilChickenNugget
@PrivateSmiles

Last edited:
Will be on fridays Also?
Signme as reserve please
Yes it will. Entries are not yet open, but on April 1st, follow the sign up instructions and go through the process as a normal primary driver, but make note in your post to request a Reserve Spot.

Last edited:
Back