**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge: Season 1 Champion: Rob Brown

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,627 comments
Season 2 Interest Check
With Season 1 of the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge finishing up on the first Friday in June, I wanted to perform an interest check among our current active roster for a Season 2. All Primary and Reserve Drivers will be tagged and are asked to reply either way.
If interest is strong enough, the plan is to run Season 2 under the current 1 race night per month format parallel to the upcoming Snail Michelin Pilot Cup Challenge many of you are signed up for and to start in late July.
June and early July will be used to re-rack drivers/cars/teams and schedule an Exhibition race.

Simply reply in this thread:
Season 2 Yes

or
Season 2 No

👍 @llNovall
👍 @Rob Brown (
persuaded by working in the Vinatge Cup;))
👍 @TEX36
👍 @nmcp1
(X) @Fudman420
(X) @CPT_RowdyGiff
👍 @Phlano099
👍 @Moby45
@TomMang_68
👍 @Roman_GT23
👍 @GCimprezaFTW
👍 @DesertPenguin
👍 @PrivateSmiles
👍 @Noob01_lmdead
👍 @MBarry
👍 @Bologna_Duc

RESERVE LIST (6)
@SlvrOnyx
@pags
@SAMHAIN85
@USERID_77a23
@gulfvet67

Last edited:
Aaaahhhh....Hell Yes...:cheers:

OIP.icS54PRJip3Sm9od_RXlVAAAAA

Season 2 No

Hiatus would be good. Would love to see interest check on Vintage Porsche cup opposite Gr.4 series. Could be a brief series before start up of season 2 Porsche GT3 cup.

Season 2 No

Hiatus would be good. Would love to see interest check on Vintage Porsche cup opposite Gr.4 series. Could be a brief series before start up of season 2 Porsche GT3 cup.
Dang, coulda said "Yes", then slipped that Vintage Porsche Cup idea in there.;)
On a serious note, if were doing a season 2, I want to start it no later than late July to keep the event sequence in line for both series. If interest isn't strong enough, the plan is to run the Michelin Pilot Cup Challenge series bi-weekly which would put the second race on what would be the opening Porsche GT3 Cup event.
Now, either way, I would be willing to post up in the Snail Thread (a week or 2 out) a Special event announcement for the Vintage Porsche Cup to run on random open Fridays. If interest shows strong enough leading up to race night (at least 10 to confirm), we could run it as a polka dotted special event between the Gr4 series running solo bi-weekly, or the Gr4 series and Porsche GT3 Cup series (pending overall interest) running parallel. As for being a recruited, scheduled, and stand alone series, I dont see it happening. Too much effort and not enough interest to support it.

Last edited:
I would love it if you could run these series more frequently than one race a month but do what you can.
Wish I could, but with the current schedule of the Porsche series, Lambo series, and Michelin Gr4 testing I'm already stretching the Mrs patience. I can guarantee 2 Fridays available each month, and can get away with a 3rd thrown in here and there, but no way could I commit to every single Friday night. Hence the idea of running the Gr4 exclusively bi-weekly or the Gr4 and Porsche Series parallel.

Wish I could, but with the current schedule of the Porsche series, Lambo series, and Michelin Gr4 testing I'm already stretching the Mrs patience. I can guarantee 2 Fridays available each month, and can get away with a 3rd thrown in here and there, but no way could I commit to every single Friday night. Hence the idea of running the Gr4 exclusively bi-weekly or the Gr4 and Porsche Series parallel.

That's completely fair. If we weren't on lock down, I'm sure my wife would have a few words to say about the amount of time I spend sim racing right now! :lol:

This might sound trite (since you've already made it clear you have a busy schedule), but have you ever considered creating a 'how to' guide for setting up a series? Yours are really well organized and would make a fantastic template for future use. To @DesertPenguin's point, I'd also appreciate a series that ran more frequently. I'd be willing to establish, say, a weekly series, but I'm hopeless with that kind of thing unless I have my hand held through the process. :dunce:

That's completely fair. If we weren't on lock down, I'm sure my wife would have a few words to say about the amount of time I spend sim racing right now! :lol:

This might sound trite (since you've already made it clear you have a busy schedule), but have you ever considered creating a 'how to' guide for setting up a series? Yours are really well organized and would make a fantastic template for future use. To @DesertPenguin's point, I'd also appreciate a series that ran more frequently. I'd be willing to establish, say, a weekly series, but I'm hopeless with that kind of thing unless I have my hand held through the process. :dunce:
I'll work something up and send it your way.:cheers:

Dang, coulda said "Yes", then slipped that Vintage Porsche Cup idea in there.;)
On a serious note, if were doing a season 2, I want to start it no later than late July to keep the event sequence in line for both series. If interest isn't strong enough, the plan is to run the Michelin Pilot Cup Challenge series bi-weekly which would put the second race on what would be the opening Porsche GT3 Cup event.
Now, either way, I would be willing to post up in the Snail Thread (a week or 2 out) a Special event announcement for the Vintage Porsche Cup to run on random open Fridays. If interest shows strong enough leading up to race night (at least 10 to confirm), we could run it as a polka dotted special event between the Gr4 series running solo bi-weekly, or the Gr4 series and Porsche GT3 Cup series (pending overall interest) running parallel. As for being a recruited, scheduled, and stand alone series, I dont see it happening. Too much effort and not enough interest to support it.
Sounds great.

Tell you what . . . spring that the Mich group 4 cup will be ABS free and I’ll be satisfied. Okay JK, that be a sure way to quench interest.

To be honest, I like having the series broken up into bi-weekly segments.

Yeah, same here. Probably for the same reason Nova runs them this way anyway, but for myself as well. I dont want to spend too much time when I could be spending time with my kid. But I completely understand wanting to run more often, especially with this group.

Season 2 Yes

I had enough available time to run on Fuji and get comfortable with the car but no practice time with other drivers. And it showed during the race. Apologies to all those I affected. In advance of future races I'll be hosting and seeking out practice lobbies so I'm better prepared.

8079550103566681104_0.jpg

Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge

Event #11, Friday
May 15th, 2020
at Kyoto Driving Park
Yamagiwa + Mayabi

Race Event Settings and Details

Track: Kyoto Driving Park Y+M
Time of Day: 11:30 Fine Weather
Conditions: Clear
Race1 Laps: (17 laps/40+min), Fastest First
Race 2 Laps: (17 laps/40+min), Reverse Grid

Vehicle
'16 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
491hp
2723lbs
Tuning Permitted

Target lap time spread: 2:22.5-2:24.5

Linked for Reference
SNAIL- Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Qualifying Procedure

-Above are all the Event #11 details for anyone who would like to get an early jump on some practice/lapping sessions.
-Confirmation to Attend Post/Reminder will be posted to the thread on Friday, May 8th. Please look in on this thread and reply here or via psn.
(Any Drivers who wish to confirm attendance early may do so at any time).
Reminder: Reserve driver priority is based on date and time availability was confirmed.

See some of you for the other scheduled Friday night Cup events, and the rest if you on Race night.

Back