**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Season 2 Champion: Roman_GT23

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 999 comments
Sorry Nova, it was unsafe for me to be on track. Between someone being too close behind or in front when I'm braking, if something went wrong it would be bad news for everyone involved. I had a few bumps with @Rob Brown that could have ended badly so I felt it best to take myself out of the equation. I'll get them pedals squeaky clean for next time.

Sorry Nova, it was unsafe for me to be on track. Between someone being too close behind or in front when I'm braking, if something went wrong it would be bad news for everyone involved. I had a few bumps with @Rob Brown that could have ended badly so I felt it best to take myself out of the equation. I'll get them pedals squeaky clean for next time.
All good DP, and thanks for the courtesy:cheers:

I thought it might work out because this car drives better when you're not completely off throttle but it was affecting my braking zones to the point that they were unpredictable.

8142509240900125720_0.jpg

Post Race Report
Event #1
at Barcelona
July 24th, 2020

Season 2 kicked off at Barcelona with some great racing for Event #1. @Bologna_Duc and @SAMHAIN85 had an intense battle for first place in race 1 with @Roman_GT23 being threatened for 3rd place by @llNovall for most of the race before finally opening up a gap while llNovall had to turn attention to defense with an approaching @TEX36. Mid pack battles were riddled across the remainder of the field.
Race 2 saw a nice battle at the onset between @nmcp1, @Rob Brown, and @Yugofan with @Phlano099 getting involved before catching a curb and spinning. @SAMHAIN85 made his way through the field in typical alien fashion to end up in a battle with the front runners. @Moby45 and @llNovall had a huge multi-lap battle, having to defend against a number of llNovall's attempts to pass, but managed to fend off the advances. @Roman_GT23 and @Bologna_Duc closed in during the above exchange, and took full advantage of a botched pass attempt by llNovall, losing 2 places. The final 2 laps finished in exciting fashion with a number of places being swapped before the finish.
Our new to the series drivers, @RadStewart , @GTR4MROD , and @Yugofan all performed very well for their first event attended with some clean and competitive racing. Was great having all of you, and looking forward to the season ahead with you fellas.

Congratulations to our top 3 overall:
1ST: @SAMHAIN85
2ND: @Bologna_Duc
3RD: @Roman_GT23

Ballast adjustments will be forthcoming, with a 2% weight ballast add for our winner, and a 1% weight ballast add for our 2nd and 3rd place finishers.

Screenshot_20200726-131104_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20200726-131142_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20200726-131206_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20200726-131355_Sheets.jpg
8286624418236466192_0.jpg
8287187377450909712_0.jpg
8287187379598393360_0.jpg
8287187379464176656_0.jpg
8295631619640786968_0.jpg
8295631619640787992_0.jpg
8295631628230722576_0.jpg
8296194567983595544_0.jpg
8287187379466272792_0.jpg
8287187368863073296_0.jpg
8151520827596079120_0.jpg
8151520829609345048_0.jpg
8151520836186014744_0.jpg
8143076587287347216_0.jpg
8152083786542089232_0.jpg
8143076588897960976_0.jpg
8142513636799152144_0.jpg
Race 1

Race 2

For Replays, use in game search tag:
snailgt3cup

Great Racing to all Drivers who attended.
Next Event:
Event #2 at
Circuit de Saint Croix-B,
15:10 Fine Weather
on Friday, August 28th, 9pm est.

Drivers are welcomed and encouraged to confirm attendance/availability anytime.
Race event details and confirmation reminder post to come over the next week or so.

See some of you on August 14th for the Michelin event, and the rest on the 28th.

Last edited:
@PrivateSmiles was MIA for Event #1, and therefore has been removed from the primary drivers list and placed on the Reserve driver roster.
@GTR4MROD through his participation and stated interest has accepted the open primary grid spot with Wright Motorsports. He will retain the No. 7 livery and number along with using his own series accurate rendered livery. The drivers list and Scoresheet have been updated to reflect the changes. Welcome to full time primary status.:cheers:

Where does a fellow find the time of day to practice a future event? I am obtuse/dense. Explain like you would to a fifth grader! ;)
Lol, haven't quite posted it yet, but when I post the "Race Event Details" post later this week, it will have lap count and TOD. Also, that post will be linked in tab 1.2 of first post. Moving forward, I will also included it in the post headings for ease of viewing. For now, I included it in the bottom of the post race report above.:cheers:

Last edited:
I blame my new teammate @Phlano099 for whiffing in R1 and allowing me to get 3rd which means I'm going to be big bertha on poop tires for the next race :banghead:🤬

Haha at least you guys had good results both races. My team had a mechanical failure and I couldn't drive that track to save my life. About 1 to 1.5sec off pace a lot of the time. Only reason Nova and I had a good race for a little bit was because I had one of the widest 911's on the track. Lol

Haha at least you guys had good results both races. My team had a mechanical failure and I couldn't drive that track to save my life. About 1 to 1.5sec off pace a lot of the time. Only reason Nova and I had a good race for a little bit was because I had one of the widest 911's on the track. Lol
I never knew the back of a 911 could be as wide as a dump truck. Jokes aside, great job on the car positioning and defense. The only place I was able to attempt a move was at turn 1 off the draft. I was trying to out brake you by waiting for your car to nose off before hammering down, but every shot ended with me overshooting, and you slipping right back underneath. That was some great racing.:cheers:

I'll have some race broadcasts up on youtube later in the week, and this battle will certainly be featured.

Last edited:
I never knew the back of a 911 could be as wide as a dump truck. Jokes aside, great job on the car positioning and defense. The only place I was able to attempt a move was at turn 1 off the draft. I was trying to out brake you by waiting for your car to nose off before hammering down, but every shot ended with me overshooting, and you slipping right back underneath. That was some great racing.:cheers:

I'll have some race broadcasts up on youtube later in the week, and this battle will certainly be featured.

Haha yeah that was the most fun part about that race. I knew you were going to do that every time so I would go as deep as I thought your rear brake bias could handle before I went all in on the brakes. In those moments +2 to the front was to my advantage.

Where does a fellow find the time of day to practice a future event? I am obtuse/dense. Explain like you would to a fifth grader! ;)

Circuit de Sainte-Croix -B (August 28th, 2020) doesn't give TOD, so default?

Circuit de Sainte-Croix -B (August 28th, 2020) doesn't give TOD, so default?
15:10 Fine Weather, I added it to the heading in first post and at the bottom of the post race report. Event details post to be out shortly.

Race Event Details Post

Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge
Event #2,
Friday, August 28th, 2020, 9pm est
at Circuit de Sainte Croix-B
15:10 Fine Weather

Race Event Settings and Details

Track: Circuit de Sainte Croix-B
Time of Day: 15:10
Conditions: Fine Weather
Race1 Laps: (18 laps/40+min), Fastest First
Race 2 Laps: (18 laps/40+min), Reverse Grid

Vehicle
'16 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
491hp
2723lbs
Tuning Permitted

Target lap time spread: 2:11.5-2:13.5

-Above are all the Event #2 details for anyone who would like to get an early jump on some practice/lapping sessions.
Standard Lobby Settings
Basic Settings

Room Mode: Practice/Race
Room Privacy: Public *
Room Settings
Room Name: Snail Porsche GT3 Cup. Event #1-12 (Date)- Members only
Race Type: Race for Real
Fixed Room Ownership: No **
Max no of participants: 16
Required Sportsmanship Rating --
Required Sportsmanship Rating --
Track Settings
Track: As per Race Date
Select Condition: Default
Laps: # of laps to = 40 minutes
Race Settings
Start Type: Grid Start
Grid Order: R1: Fastest First / R2: Reverse Grid Based on Previous Results***
Grid
Boost: None
Slip Stream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Tire Wear: 1x
Fuel Consumption: 1x
Initial Fuel: Default
Grip Red. On Wet Track / Track Edge: Real
Race Finish Delay: 120 sec
Overtaking System Usage Time Multiplier: Default
Qualifier Settings Time Limit: none
Qualifying Continuation Time: none
Tire Wear during Qualifying: N/A
Fuel Consumption Qualifying: N/A
Regulation Settings
Filter by Category: N500
Balance of Performance: Off
Power Limit: 491hp
Weight: 2723 lbs
Maximum Tire Rating: Racing Medium (RM)
Minimum Tire Rating: Racing Hard (RH)
Livery Restrictions: No Limit
Type of Racing Number: No Limit
Assign Car Number Automatically: None
Tuning: No Limit
Kart Usage: Off
Ghosting During Race: None
Shortcut Penalty: None
Wall Collision Penalty: None
Wall Collision Detection: Default
Side Contact Penalty: Off
Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collission: Off
Replace Car at Course Out: Off
Flag Rules: Off
Limit Driving Options
Countersteering Assist: Prohibited
Active Stability Management (ASM): Prohibited
Driving Line Assist: Prohibited
Traction Control: Prohibited
ABS: No Limit
Auto-Drive: Prohibited

-Confirmation to Attend Post/Reminder will be posted to the thread by Friday, August 21st. Please look in on this thread and reply here or via psn.
(Any Drivers who wish to confirm attendance early may do so at any time).
Reminder: Reserve driver priority is based on date and time availability was confirmed.

See most of you for the Snail Gr4-MPCC event, and the rest of you on Race night.

Kelly Moss Racing is announcing that it has a new partner in sponsorship.

They have partnered with Tissot as the main title sponsor for the #59 car of Moby45. Brumos Porsche came into the season with limited funding and will only be able to attend a few races this season. Since Brumos had to limit their race season Tissot and KMR came to an agreement for the season and this could lead to more of Tissot in the future with KMR. Look forward to the new Livery for the #59 Porsche at the next race. When asked about the new sponsor Moby45 had this to say.

"It is great to have Tissot step in and help the team out with the rest of the season. I knew coming into the season that Brumos was only going to run a limited schedule and was hoping to start the season strong in their car but I have never had any luck with Barcelona. Hopefully the next race will be much better for the team. I can't wait."

Thanks Nova for making the livery!

full

full

Count me in for next race.

Kelly Moss Racing is announcing that it has a new partner in sponsorship.

They have partnered with Tissot as the main title sponsor for the #59 car of Moby45. Brumos Porsche came into the season with limited funding and will only be able to attend a few races this season. Since Brumos had to limit their race season Tissot and KMR came to an agreement for the season and this could lead to more of Tissot in the future with KMR. Look forward to the new Livery for the #59 Porsche at the next race. When asked about the new sponsor Moby45 had this to say.

"It is great to have Tissot step in and help the team out with the rest of the season. I knew coming into the season that Brumos was only going to run a limited schedule and was hoping to start the season strong in their car but I have never had any luck with Barcelona. Hopefully the next race will be much better for the team. I can't wait."

Thanks Nova for making the livery!

full

full

Count me in for next race.
Great news article ^^^^ ;)

Back