**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Season 2 Champion: Roman_GT23

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 999 comments
So I practiced last night for awhile. I'll be ok. But my teammate is right I need to somehow soften the car..............Piriano where are you!?

S2 Event 4 Porsche GT3 Cup Spotter png file.png

Pre-Race Drivers Briefing
Event #4
at Nurburgring GP
October 23rd, 2020

Love it or hate it, we're at the Nurburgring's GP Circuit for tonight's Event #4 of the Snail-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge series. Practice and lap time reports coming in during the week indicate that many drivers are very close in pace, and the event should showcase some very tight and intense battles across the grid.

I'm going to remind all drivers, please be patient at Turn 1 on the opening laps, and be mindful of the varying braking points and different lines being used due to the staggered tire compound regulations.

As for track limits, drivers are asked to make every attempt to keep at least 2 tires within the white track limit line or red and white curbing. 2 notable areas:
Turn 4: the exit of turn 4 opens up to an asphalt relief area with the limit determined by a white line. Please make all attempts to remain in bounds. Governance of this will be determined by your driving peers and will only be reviewed/penalized if reported and determined to have created an advantage.
Final Chicane: drivers may attack this section very aggressively in an attempt to straighten this chicane. Again, be mindful that 2 tires must remain on the red and white curbing to be considered in bounds. Governance of this will be determined by your driving peers and will only be reviewed/penalized if reported and determined to have created an advantage.
Fuel is not expected to be an issue for this event.

As a reminder to all drivers, please verify your weight, and apply any issued and required success ballast based on the chart HERE

Also, drivers are reminded that this series now implements a success ballast and class graduating structure. Be sure to secure as many points as you can, even if its towards the back side of the grid....They add up over the 2 races in the event night.
See Tab 2.3 in the first post if you haven't already for Success Ballast details.

Race Room opens for entry and warmup at 9pm est. Please verify you are on the correct tires and in the correct livery. All entries must be in before qualifying which is set to start at 9:15pm est.
(Primary Party Chat will be opened just before the room creation)

**Please be reminded that the grid will be set manually after qualifying to allow drivers to return to the lobby to perform the "NO ABS Bug" work around. See below:
1.) After qualifying, exit track to lobby, but do not cancel your entry (green check mark must stay selected)
2.) Go to your "Options" icon, change/verify your desired settings
3.) Go to "Members List" at top of the screen to verify everything is right.
4.) Wait for race to start.
This sequence must be done before race 2 as well, so repeat the steps above between races. (No need to cancel entry)**
Event #3 Grid and Roster Status
Great potential turnout for this event despite a number of absences. 13 of our Primary Drivers have confirmed attending with 2 reserves set to fill in, and the final spot to potentially be filled by 1 of our remaining reserves marked tentative.
1.) @RadStewart / heated_seats (Gold) of Wright Motorsports has reported absent for the event and will be covered by our 1st confirmed available reserve, @Fudman420 in the No. 20 Wright Motorsports Porsche.
2.) @Moby45 (Platinum) of Kelly-Moss R&R has reported absent for the event and will be covered by our 2nd confirmed available reserve, @DesertPenguin in the No. 52 Kelly-Moss R&R Porsche.
3.) @Bologna_Duc (Platinum) of JDX Racing has reported absent for the event and is currently open. @Kermit_2142, @BB25 are confirmed tentative, and @GCimprezaFTW has not yet replied. As a result, the first to either confirm attending by 8:50pm est, or the first to enter the race room after that time will be awarded this grid spot.

Below is our grid for tonight:
@Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
@nmcp1 /nmcp1 (Platinum)
@TEX36 /TEX36 (Gold)
@Phlano099 /Phlano_099 (Gold)
@Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
@Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76 (Gold)
@GTR4MROD / GTR4MROD (Gold)
@Yugofan / Yugofan (Gold)
@GTP_Guido / GTP_Guido (Gold)
@MrDonovan / MrDonovan (Gold)
@MikeGrove /PX7-Grove (Platinum)
@Harry Rowley/Harry Rowley
@Fudman420/Fudman420 1st Reserve
@DesertPenguin/DesertPenguin 2nd Reserve
@Kermit_2142 3rd Reserve

Reserves tentative for standby:
@BB25
@GCimprezaFTW

Lets have a clean and competitive race night to our Snail standards, and good luck to everyone. See you all at around 9pm est.:cheers:

Last edited:
Well what a great nights racing that was!!! Thanks all for having me, I knew it was going to be good but I wasn’t expecting it to be that good.

Extra kudos to @llNovall for his bop work. During the course of the evening I felt like any one of the drivers on the grid could have won the race. That is a great and unique feeling to have whilst racing and a credit to the work Nova has put in.

What a gem of a car too, the sound is fantastic when following another car with the pops and bangs on the over run and although the brakes don’t really fill you with confidence the way the car allows for weight transfer gives it a playful and lively attitude that really allows you to have fun with it.

Race 1 was brilliant. I got a little swamped and caught out of rhythm at the start. You guys really come at it hard straight off the bat 👍. After a little back and forth in the midfield I settle into a 3 car battle with Nova and No1needs2perish. Nova was on the defence with Perish constantly attacking. Still finding my feet a little I was just able to keep tabs on them but was really struggling to work out a way to get by both of them cleanly. As we passed the mid point we closed together with us nose to tail for quite a few laps. When Perish managed to hit the front of our little group I knew he would be looking to pull away quickly. Sadly for him we weren’t going to let that happen and he was now having to defend. This was allowing me to get really good runs on Nova pretty much every corner and he was forced to attack and defend at the same time. Finally I managed to get a good enough run that I was able to to get on his inside into t1. T1 hadn’t been my most confident corner entry all race so it wasn’t my first choice of an overtaking manoeuvre but sometimes we have to just take what the racing gods give us and so I just hit send. I didn’t think I was going to stop it but somehow in the last few meters she decided to hall up perfectly onto the apex and saved me from being “that guy” :lol:. I knew Nova would be wanting his spot back pretty sharpish and he was much better on the brakes that I was so I had to push on as fast as possible. Perish made a mistake in the Schumacher S giving me a monster run on him into the tricky left hander. He chose the inside early and knowing this was probably my best chance I decided to chance it round the outside. Side by side we go and I take to the outside curb as Perish was able to carry more corner speed than I was expecting. Knowing I was on the inside for the next corner I knew I could keep it in and hopefully carry a better line onto the back straight. Sadly for Perish he lost the rear and spun off to the left but what a great bit of racing :cheers:. I was just about able to hold off Nova for p5 but it was a real struggle with the fronts seeming to die off in the final laps. One of my best races on GTS, I’m really looking forward to watching that replay.

Race 2 was a little more challenging and I think fatigue was starting to show up as I made a few big errors. I had some good little battles with a few others who were also having issues so not all was lost.

Thanks again for having me along, I had a lot of fun :cheers:.

Well what a great nights racing that was!!! Thanks all for having me, I knew it was going to be good but I wasn’t expecting it to be that good.

Extra kudos to @llNovall for his bop work. During the course of the evening I felt like any one of the drivers on the grid could have won the race. That is a great and unique feeling to have whilst racing and a credit to the work Nova has put in.

What a gem of a car too, the sound is fantastic when following another car with the pops and bangs on the over run and although the brakes don’t really fill you with confidence the way the car allows for weight transfer gives it a playful and lively attitude that really allows you to have fun with it.

Race 1 was brilliant. I got a little swamped and caught out of rhythm at the start. You guys really come at it hard straight off the bat 👍. After a little back and forth in the midfield I settle into a 3 car battle with Nova and No1needs2perish. Nova was on the defence with Perish constantly attacking. Still finding my feet a little I was just able to keep tabs on them but was really struggling to work out a way to get by both of them cleanly. As we passed the mid point we closed together with us nose to tail for quite a few laps. When Perish managed to hit the front of our little group I knew he would be looking to pull away quickly. Sadly for him we weren’t going to let that happen and he was now having to defend. This was allowing me to get really good runs on Nova pretty much every corner and he was forced to attack and defend at the same time. Finally I managed to get a good enough run that I was able to to get on his inside into t1. T1 hadn’t been my most confident corner entry all race so it wasn’t my first choice of an overtaking manoeuvre but sometimes we have to just take what the racing gods give us and so I just hit send. I didn’t think I was going to stop it but somehow in the last few meters she decided to hall up perfectly onto the apex and saved me from being “that guy” :lol:. I knew Nova would be wanting his spot back pretty sharpish and he was much better on the brakes that I was so I had to push on as fast as possible. Perish made a mistake in the Schumacher S giving me a monster run on him into the tricky left hander. He chose the inside early and knowing this was probably my best chance I decided to chance it round the outside. Side by side we go and I take to the outside curb as Perish was able to carry more corner speed than I was expecting. Knowing I was on the inside for the next corner I knew I could keep it in and hopefully carry a better line onto the back straight. Sadly for Perish he lost the rear and spun off to the left but what a great bit of racing :cheers:. I was just about able to hold off Nova for p5 but it was a real struggle with the fronts seeming to die off in the final laps. One of my best races on GTS, I’m really looking forward to watching that replay.

Race 2 was a little more challenging and I think fatigue was starting to show up as I made a few big errors. I had some good little battles with a few others who were also having issues so not all was lost.

Thanks again for having me along, I had a lot of fun :cheers:.
Great racing with you last night @Kermit_2142 and great finally having you with us on the grid. That was one heck of a race we had in Race 1 that ran to the finish line...great stuff and what this series is all about....very close, stressful, and competitive door to door racing...80 minutes of constant challenge. I'm glad you enjoyed the racing and the format, and very much hope to have you back on the grid again when you are able and available.:cheers:

Alright Drivers,
Just a few quick post event #4 status updates:
-We have multiple incidents reported for Steward review.
-If anyone else has an incident they would like to have reviewed, please pm me no later than Monday 8pm est. Please give the Race, lap, and timestamp (if possible) and a brief description of the incident.
-Scoring and Post Race Report should be out by mid-late this week after all incidents have been reviewed.
-if anyone would like to showcase their photography skills, please share at will and I'll have them included in the post race report.
-Replays have been shared:
Replay Search Tag 1: snailgt3cup

Great racing with everyone last night, and shout out to @GTR4MROD, @Harry Rowley, and @Yugofan for that 4 way run to the finish line in Race 2. :cheers:. Fun, intense, and clean. Great job!!

Last edited:

Very nice batch of photos Kermit_2142 and that was a fun battle you @Rob Brown and myself had in Race 1. That race for 5th might as well been for 1st.....and thats what is great, every battle for any position in this field is fought this way.
Post race report with scoring, stewards report, more photos, and replay broadcasts should be posted later this evening. Great racing fellas, and very much looking forward to our next one.:cheers:

Last edited:
PS_Messages_20201027_124314~2.jpg

Post Race Report
Event #4
at Nurburgring GP
October 23rd, 2020

Event #4 is complete and showcased many intense and hard fought battles across the entire grid.
Race 1 was a bit more spread out after the opening laps, however, @Roman_GT23 and @llNovall spent some time contesting 4th place while closing in on @GTP_Guido before Roman_GT23 managed to take the position in a nice pass to the inside From there Roman_GT23 went to work on Guido, eventually securing a podium for a 3rd place finish. @Harry Rowley secured 1st and @Yugofan 2nd in Race 1 to round out the podium with a dominant lead on the field.
Further back, the battle for 5th, 6th and 7th erupted between @Kermit_2142, @Rob Brown, and myself...each of us exchanging positions to the end of the race. The remainder of the field was a bit more spread out toward the end of Race 1.

Now, Race 2...and this one was crazy. Too many door to door engagements to note, but here are few:
-@Phlano099, @MrDonovan, and @GTR4MROD battling for most of the race for the top spots, with Roman_GT23 making moves towards the end to get in on the podium and securing a victory.
-Nova trying to chase down his teammate @Rob Brown, with @Yugofan and @Harry Rowley threatening the entire time. Nkva eventually got around Rob, only to run wide into the grass and gravel, giving up positions to Yugo and Harry.
-From there, Yugo and Harry began their harassment and pressure on nmcp1 who did an amazing job fending off their advances.
-Many more battles were had throughout the field, certainly worth a look at the replay.
-And the crazy but clean final sector battle for 5th place involving Harry, GTR4MROD, Nova, and Yugo to the finish line. FUN!! ,and great job fellas on keeping in clean.:cheers:

That was the good, but the night wasn't without incident. Multiple incidents were reported and reviewed. The Stewards Report has been included in this post in the tab below:
IR#1, filed on @Roman_GT23 -
Level 1= **4 point penalty**
IR#2, filed on @Noob01_lmdead
**No penalty**
IR#3, fiked on @Phlano099
Level 1= **1 point**
IR#4, filed on @Phlano099
Level 3= **10 points, halved to 5 points for concession**
IR#5, filed on @nmcp1
**No penalty**
IR#6, filed on @MikeGrove
**No penalty**
IR#7, filed on @Rob Brown
**No penalty**
A reminder to all drivers, while we do allow room for some light bumping and rubbing as a result of such close quarters racing, any contact that results in a driver being bumped off his line, off track, or caused to spin could be considered a penalizing offense.
Since many of us are well aware of corner rights and rules regarding overlap required to be allowed room, it seems a rule that has been overlooked is this one pertaining to straighaways which include the braking zones before turn in:
8: Defensive Driving:
A: Leading cars have the right to choose their own line down a straight. They can change their racing line once while driving down a straight (Move from the outside line to the inside, or vice versa). As they approach the next corner, they can return to the racing line of their choice. However, they are not allowed to change their line in direct response to the behind driver changing his line to try and make a pass. The lead driver is also not allowed to "squeeze" another driver off track or contact them when making a move on a straight.

**Drivers should be aware of advancing cars or cars making moves in the braking zones before turn-in occurs. If the advancing driver gets any part of his car in the space next to another driver on any straight or braking zone, he is to be given room to maintain his line without contact. Simply maintain your chosen line into the braking zone up to the point of turn in. From there, overlap establishes corner rights.**

Overall, Great racing to everyone across the grid and lets continue racing to the high standards we have set within the series.:cheers:

Congratulations to our Event #4 Winner @Harry Rowley :cheers:
and our top 3 overall:
1ST: @Harry Rowley
2ND: @Roman_GT23
3RD: @Yugofan

Ballast adjustments have been posted. A 2% weight ballast was added for our winner, and a 1% weight ballast add for our 2nd and 3rd place finishers.

Screenshot_20201027-170040_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20201027-170227_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20201027-170248_Sheets.jpg

Screenshot_20201025-123805_Sheets.jpg
Race 1

Race 2

For Actual Replays, use in game search tag:
snailgt3cup

As always,, Great Racing to all Drivers who attended Event #4:cheers:
Next Event:
Event #5 at
Lago Maggiore GP
20:00 Clear
on Friday, November 20th, 9pm est.

Drivers are welcomed and encouraged to confirm attendance/availability anytime.
Race event details and confirmation reminder posts to come over the next week.

See some of you on November 6th for the Michelin event, and the rest on the 20th.

Last edited:
PS_Messages_20201027_124145~2.jpg

Race Event Details Post

Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge
Event #5,
Friday, November 20th, 2020, 9pm est
at Lago Maggiore GP
20:00 Clear

Race Event Settings and Details

Track: Lago Maggiore GP
Time of Day: 20:00
Conditions: Clear
Race1 Laps: (20 laps/40+min), Fastest First
Race 2 Laps: (20 laps/40+min), Reverse Grid

Vehicle
'16 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
491hp
2723lbs
Tuning Permitted

Approx lap time spread: 2:00.0-2:01.5

-Above are all the Event #5 details for anyone who would like to get an early jump on some practice/lapping sessions.
Standard Lobby Settings
Basic Settings

Room Mode: Practice/Race
Room Privacy: Public *
Room Settings
Room Name: Snail Porsche GT3 Cup. Event #1-12 (Date)- Members only
Race Type: Race for Real
Fixed Room Ownership: No **
Max no of participants: 16
Required Sportsmanship Rating --
Required Sportsmanship Rating --
Track Settings
Track: As per Race Date
Select Condition: As per Race Date
Laps: # of laps to = 40 minutes
Race Settings
Start Type: Grid Start
Grid Order: R1: Fastest First / R2: Reverse Grid Based on Previous Results***
Grid
Boost: None
Slip Stream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Tire Wear: 1x
Fuel Consumption: 1x
Initial Fuel: Default
Grip Red. On Wet Track / Track Edge: Real
Race Finish Delay: 120 sec
Overtaking System Usage Time Multiplier: Default
Qualifier Settings Time Limit: none
Qualifying Continuation Time: none
Tire Wear during Qualifying: N/A
Fuel Consumption Qualifying: N/A
Regulation Settings
Filter by Category: N500
Balance of Performance: Off
Power Limit: 491hp
Weight: 2723 lbs
Maximum Tire Rating: Racing Medium (RM)
Minimum Tire Rating: Racing Hard (RH)
Livery Restrictions: No Limit
Type of Racing Number: No Limit
Assign Car Number Automatically: None
Tuning: No Limit
Kart Usage: Off
Ghosting During Race: None
Shortcut Penalty: None
Wall Collision Penalty: None
Wall Collision Detection: Default
Side Contact Penalty: Off
Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collission: Off
Replace Car at Course Out: Off
Flag Rules: Off
Limit Driving Options
Countersteering Assist: Prohibited
Active Stability Management (ASM): Prohibited
Driving Line Assist: Prohibited
Traction Control: Prohibited
ABS: No Limit
Auto-Drive: Prohibited

-Confirmation to Attend Post/Reminder will be posted to the thread by Friday, November 13th. Please look in on this thread and reply here or via psn.
(Any Drivers who wish to confirm attendance early may do so at any time).
Reminder: Reserve driver priority is based on date and time availability was confirmed.

See most of you for the upcoming Snail Gr4-MPCC event Friday, Nov 6th, and the rest of you on the 20th in the Porsches. :cheers:.

Back