**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Season 2 Champion: Roman_GT23

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 999 comments
Would love to be there tomorrow.

@llNovall
Awesome, glad your racing tonight...see ya on the grid and good luck.:cheers:

my son and his family are relocating to LA and arrive tomorrow afternoon, so not looking good for racing.
I would say say I'd miss ya, but one less regular Lizard on the grid is a good thing for me. ;) Have fun and enjoy the family sir.:cheers: If anything changes, let me know as I'm not expecting to have enough Reserves to fill the vacancies.

my son and his family are relocating to LA and arrive tomorrow afternoon, so not looking good for racing.

56ufx6.jpg

Awesome, glad your racing tonight...see ya on the grid and good luck.:cheers:

I would say say I'd miss ya, but one less regular Lizard on the grid is a good thing for me. ;) Have fun and enjoy the family sir.:cheers: If anything changes, let me know as I'm not expecting to have enough Reserves to fill the vacancies.

You used to be one of them............ you could have stayed :cheers::lol:

S2 Event 10 Porsche GT3 Cup Spotter png file.png

Pre-Race Drivers Briefing
Event #10
at Laguna Seca
April 23rd, 2020

Event #10 is here, and at Laguna Seca. @Roman_GT23 dominated last year at this track for his opening race with the series. Who, if any, can keep him from another win at Weathertech Raceway?

No specific areas of question.
2 wheels inside the white line on runoff areas, or on the curbing at all times.
**Fuel should not become a factor for this event, but be mindful to adjust if necessary.**

As a reminder to all drivers, please verify your weight, and apply any issued and required success ballast based on the chart HERE

Also, drivers are reminded that this series now implements a success ballast and class graduating structure. Be sure to secure as many points as you can, even if its towards the back side of the grid....They add up over the 2 races in the event night.
See Tab 2.3 in the first post if you haven't already for Success Ballast details.

Race Room opens for entry and warmup at 9pm est. Please verify you are on the correct tires and in the correct livery. All entries must be in before qualifying which is set to start at 9:15pm est.
(Primary Party Chat will be opened just before the room creation)

Event #10 Grid and Roster Status
A great turnout for this event despite 3 primary drivers reported absent. 13 of our Primary Drivers have confirmed attending with us awaiting 3 reserves to confirm their possible attendance.

Below is our grid for tonight:
(X) @Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
@nmcp1 /nmcp1 (Platinum)
@TEX36 /TEX36 (Gold)
(X) @Phlano099 /Phlano_099 (Gold)-absent
@Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
@Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76 (Gold)
@Bologna_Duc /Bologna_Duc (Gold)
@GTR4MROD / GTR4MROD (Gold)
@Yugofan / Yugofan (Gold)
@GTP_Guido / GTP_Guido (Gold)
@MrDonovan / MrDonovan (Gold)
@Harry Rowley/Harry Rowley (Gold)
@Stryker13 / DrSpyderPig (Platinum)
@MikeGrove /PX7-Grove (Platinum)
(X) @IceWarden / Ice_Warden (Gold)

Reserve Drivers
(no specific priority order until confirmed available)

@Moby45 /Moby45 (Platinum)
@Missedapex420 /Missedapex420 (Gold)
@Granadier/TPC_Granadier (Platinum)
@Kermit_2142 / Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
👍 @Gouletzky/ VLX_Gouletzky (Platinum) 1st Reserve, TPC Racing

Any additional Reserves available, please reply in case an spot opens last minute.
Lets have a clean and competitive race night typical our Snail standards, and good luck to everyone. See you all at around 9pm est.:cheers:

Last edited:
Probably not going to be home in time
Any chance you'd want to split duties with Kermit? He could race the 1st race for the Wright Motorsports team, then you could jump in the car and run Race 2?

Last edited:
Great racing as always everyone. I had a lot of fun last night. Being a reserve I forget how much fun the 911 is to drive but it only takes half a lap to remember why I keep coming back 👍.

Laguna isn’t one of my strongest circuits although I do enjoy it. Had a lot of great battles in race one after making a few big mistakes. Lost of side by side action with a bit of chaos thrown in :lol:.

The hard tyres did seem a little inconsistent under braking, as if the tyres were overheating and extending the braking distance unexpectedly.

Race 2 was a lot calmer but no less tough. I was a lot more confident at the start (I was properly mugged in race 1 being too tentative), still a made a few mistakes, going a bit deep into the corkscrew more than once but had a great race really pushing the lap times to the maximum all race.

Congrats to the winners, I’m really pleased I managed to grab a podium out of 2 really competitive races.

See you all next time :cheers:

Great racing as always everyone. I had a lot of fun last night. Being a reserve I forget how much fun the 911 is to drive but it only takes half a lap to remember why I keep coming back 👍.

Laguna isn’t one of my strongest circuits although I do enjoy it. Had a lot of great battles in race one after making a few big mistakes. Lost of side by side action with a bit of chaos thrown in :lol:.

The hard tyres did seem a little inconsistent under braking, as if the tyres were overheating and extending the braking distance unexpectedly.

Race 2 was a lot calmer but no less tough. I was a lot more confident at the start (I was properly mugged in race 1 being too tentative), still a made a few mistakes, going a bit deep into the corkscrew more than once but had a great race really pushing the lap times to the maximum all race.

Congrats to the winners, I’m really pleased I managed to grab a podium out of 2 really competitive races.

See you all next time :cheers:
Kermit,
Great recap, and great racing last night sir. Always fun running door to door with you...even more while going thru the corkscrew.:cheers:

Another night of great racing. Thanks to all :cheers:

Some photos

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full
Guido, great shots sir:cheers:. These will be our event photo reel in the archived section on page 1. Always catch great action shots. Btw, awesome battling with you last night. Couldn't shake you no matter how hard I pushed...always seemed to have an answer. Nice job.:cheers:

Last edited:
9FD0C91C-2352-4FA2-B1FA-DD0D885435F0.jpeg.jpg

Post Race Report
Event #10
at Laguna Seca
April 23rd, 2021
Again, apologies for the delay in scoring for Event #10. Falling a bit behind due to busy at work. I do fully intend to get broadcasts caught up over the next week or so....these Laguna Seca races had some epic battles, especially the race at the front in Race 2. I had some good battles, but some bad luck and few minor mistakes took me down the order quickly. Feel free to share and elaborate on any battles, and if anyone would like to try their have at the full length replay broadcasts feel free, and please share the link.
Great racing gentlemen. :cheers:
No incidents have been filed. A few were noticed during my brief review of the replays, though most if not all appeared to have been worked out on track. Great Sportsmanship Gentlemen. :cheers:

Congratulations to our Event #10 Winner
VLX_Gouletzky/Gouletzky
:cheers:
and our top 3 overall:
1ST: @Gouletzky /VLX_Gouletzky
2ND: @Roman_GT23
3RD: @MrDonovan/MrDonovan

Ballast adjustments have been posted. A 2% weight ballast was added for our winner, and a 1% weight ballast add for our 2nd and 3rd place finishers.

Screenshot_20210503-091923_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20210503-091952_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20210503-092008_Sheets.jpg

Screenshot_20210424-005946_Sheets.jpg
Event #10 Replay Broadcasts
Race 1

Race 2

For Actual Replays, use in game search tag:
snailgt3cup

Roster Changes:
No notable changes

As always, Great Racing to all Drivers who attended Event #10:cheers:
Next Event:
Event #11 at
Interlagos
Condition: TBD
on Friday, May 21st, 9pm est.

Drivers are welcomed and encouraged to confirm attendance/availability anytime.
Race event details and confirmation reminder posts to come over the next week.

See some of you for our next Michelin event, and the rest on the 23rd
:cheers:

Last edited:
I can't believe the top 3 were separated by a point each :eek:. I might have not won Laguna overall, but out of the championship contenders I had a good day haha. It pains me to say this... (and it's going to bite me at the Finale at Le Mans that I'll have to carry +3 ballast) but I will be missing the next race at Interlagos. I will be (for those on the east coast-ish) at ViR/Tail of the Dragon that week and I'm quite sure the cabin I'll be staying in does not have any service whatsoever :confused::lol:

Finally up:
Race 1

Race 2

Apologies for the contact at the kink in race 1 Nova, as I remember it on my screen I didn’t feel any contact and it looked like Guido had run into the back of you sending you off. Your replay makes a lot more sense though as we were side by side and Guido didn’t let off as I expecting him to afterwards.
I’d say it’s probably a 50:50 still but had I known at time I likely would’ve waited for you 👍

Apologies for the contact at the kink in race 1 Nova, as I remember it on my screen I didn’t feel any contact and it looked like Guido had run into the back of you sending you off. Your replay makes a lot more sense though as we were side by side and Guido didn’t let off as I expecting him to afterwards.
I’d say it’s probably a 50:50 still but had I known at time I likely would’ve waited for you 👍
No sir, thats not on you. I went for a risky gamble attempting to go 2 wide in the kink...never ends well for the outside driver. I know better, and should have been more patient. Whike we were side by side, you were on the racing line. As far as I'm concerned, that was racing and resulted in a simple racing incident over a contested corner. Glad you didn't wait. Great racing.:cheers:

8214650452042614288_0.jpg

Race Event Details Post

Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge
Event #11,
Friday, May 21st, 2021, 9pm est
at Interlagos
9:30 Clear

Race Event Settings and Details

Track: Interlagos
Time of Day: 9:30
Conditions: Clear
Race1 Laps: (26 laps/40+min), Fastest First
Race 2 Laps: (26 laps/40+min), Reverse Grid

Vehicle
'16 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
491hp
2723lbs
Tuning Permitted

Approx Avg lap time spread: low-mid1:34's
Fastest lap Potential: mid 1:33's

Be sure to check your specs:
Success Ballast Chart and Driver Roster

-Above are all the Event #11 details for anyone who would like to get an early jump on some practice/lapping sessions.
Standard Lobby Settings
Basic Settings

Room Mode: Practice/Race
Room Privacy: Public *
Room Settings
Room Name: Snail Porsche GT3 Cup. Event #1-12 (Date)- Members only
Race Type: Race for Real
Fixed Room Ownership: No **
Max no of participants: 16
Required Sportsmanship Rating --
Required Sportsmanship Rating --
Track Settings
Track: As per Race Date
Select Condition: As per Race Date
Laps: # of laps to = 40 minutes
Race Settings
Start Type: Grid Start
Grid Order: R1: Fastest First / R2: Reverse Grid Based on Previous Results***
Grid
Boost: None
Slip Stream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Tire Wear: 1x
Fuel Consumption: 1x
Initial Fuel: Default
Grip Red. On Wet Track / Track Edge: Real
Race Finish Delay: 120 sec
Overtaking System Usage Time Multiplier: Default
Qualifier Settings Time Limit: none
Qualifying Continuation Time: none
Tire Wear during Qualifying: N/A
Fuel Consumption Qualifying: N/A
Regulation Settings
Filter by Category: N500
Balance of Performance: Off
Power Limit: 491hp
Weight: 2723 lbs
Maximum Tire Rating: Racing Medium (RM)
Minimum Tire Rating: Racing Hard (RH)
Livery Restrictions: No Limit
Type of Racing Number: No Limit
Assign Car Number Automatically: None
Tuning: No Limit
Kart Usage: Off
Ghosting During Race: None
Shortcut Penalty: None
Wall Collision Penalty: None
Wall Collision Detection: Default
Side Contact Penalty: Off
Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collission: Off
Replace Car at Course Out: Off
Flag Rules: Off
Limit Driving Options
Countersteering Assist: Prohibited
Active Stability Management (ASM): Prohibited
Driving Line Assist: Prohibited
Traction Control: Prohibited
ABS: No Limit
Auto-Drive: Prohibited

-Confirmation to Attend Post/Reminder will be posted to the thread by Friday, March 12th. Please look in on this thread and reply here or via psn.
(Any Drivers who wish to confirm attendance early may do so at any time).
Reminder: Reserve driver priority is based on date and time availability was confirmed.

See most of you for some practice sessions, and the rest of you on the 21st. :cheers:.

Back