Concerning drift settings request

• Thread starter nk4e
  • 11 comments
United States
United States
nk4e
Just by glancing at the new drift settings depot, I can tell that people aren't taking the time to figure out on their own, people are being lazy just to take a car out and mess with it for a couple of hours, if you don't have the time. Try to make some time to make settings. My style is way different from others,so thats why don't just ask. Go out and test out the car, get the feel of GT4 either by Ds2(dualshock) or the DFP(driving force pro) and please no NOS its just like a super charger with gas.

I'd like to add to this. Many of you are new to the gt4 physics system, and automatically assume that it is fake because you have spent much time on Gt3. This is an IMPROVEMENT on Gt3. You may say "This is fake, I could countersteer before but now it just pulls me out of the drift". Well show me a real life video where full lock is applied to a car without it exiting a drift smoothly.

It takes time to learn drifting. It's not a natural thing. You have to have some basic knowledge of what the car will do when you use it in a certain way. Settings merely complement a driver's style of driving. It will NOT make drifting easier unless you understand the basics of what the settings do and how they affect your driving. Don't ever come into these forums expecting a warm welcome with a comment like this, "hey guys im nu into dorifto n i wanna do mad driftz like the drift king himself". This is an enthusiasts board. We respect each other and keep ego offline. Come in and have a chat about driving styles and setups if you want, but make sure you know what your talking about, and respect others' opinion.

If you have any sort of problems with the game, I suggest you look around the forums. GTP is not only for drift. DO NOT discuss the Drift VS Grip issue. They are both different arts, achieving different goals. That's all I can think of for now. I'll be adding more on later.

well i think getting a fresh car out and start changing settings is the best part...
i mean.. i don't like other people's settings at all... well.. i guess if you don't have your own style.. that is. ;)

Another little thing to add to Mdnites statements, please do not re-ignite the flame war over FF drifting or ass dragging. We had enough trouble with that in the GT3 Drifting forums, we need to leave the messyness behind and keep this a clean, productive forum that people are happy to search through, not be scared about being bombarded with noob questions.

MdnIte
Well show me a real life video where full lock is applied to a car without it exiting a drift smoothly.

errr.. what do u mean? ive seen lots of videos where people are in a FULL LOCK drift.... usually high speed 3rd gear.... especially at Irwindale for D1... but.. if this isnt what your talkin about... then NVM.. haha

i think a good starting poiint for most people, is to start by lowering the TCS and ASM in the driving assists and picking the tires that best suit your style, N1 in my case.

From there, you can tweak settings here and there and find out what works for your type of car and drifting style.

AllMotorKing
i think a good starting poiint for most people, is to start by lowering the TCS and ASM in the driving assists and picking the tires that best suit your style, N1 in my case.

From there, you can tweak settings here and there and find out what works for your type of car and drifting style.
your turn off the driving aids

I'm spending day and night trying to figure out drifting for the masses of people with all of the questions and frusrtaions about using the DFP... Improvements are being made... Guides soon to follow.... Drift bible 2 maybe? heh

All I know is that I suck. I don't want to use other people's settings yet. I'm really trying to figure it out on my own. I can Drift (Kinda) with the DS2 but I get the Fling thing people complain about. With the new wheel it's tricky, but im slowly getting it. I know my settings have more to do with it then my actual counter-steer techniques. I'm in no rush, I should have it figured out in a month, I hope. :dunce:

Theoz0r
All I know is that I suck. I don't want to use other people's settings yet. I'm really trying to figure it out on my own. I can Drift (Kinda) with the DS2 but I get the Fling thing people complain about. With the new wheel it's tricky, but im slowly getting it. I know my settings have more to do with it then my actual counter-steer techniques. I'm in no rush, I should have it figured out in a month, I hope. :dunce:

i have actually been only practicing with my controller, haven't had time to bust out my wheel yet as i got to figure out a comfortable place to put it...i am just trying to get use to the new physics first.

Back