Confused about boost

• Thread starter Lynx-Can
  • 9 comments
GTP_Lynx-Can
I only race shuffle now online and a lot of the rooms have boost. Here's where I'm a little confused. Is there a button you press for it to kick in? If so, which button is it? And how do I assign it in the control options?

I use both wheel and pad.

Thanks.

There are no buttons for it. It is for the cars that are behind the leader and it gives them some sort of unnoticed speed which helps them catch up with the leader. If it is set on then everyone has it apart from the leader.

Lynx-Can
I only race shuffle now online and a lot of the rooms have boost. Here's where I'm a little confused. Is there a button you press for it to kick in? If so, which button is i? And how do I assign it in the control options?

I use both wheel and pad.

Thanks.

Boost is a handicap applied to those in front, and a helper to those in the back. It works with varying degrees of success. Personally, I don't use it.

There are no buttons for it. It is for the cars that are behind the leader and it gives them some sort of unnoticed speed which helps them catch up with the leader. If it is set on then everyone has it apart from the leader.

He's probably think of nitrous from GT4.

I feel boost slows you down if your the leader but you still carry momentum like you were running full speed, which makes me under brake coming into high speed turns. Very cheesy feeling.

Boost is for drivers unconcerned with the authenticity of the driving experience. Use at your discretion, but I don't like it.

A 200 lap race at Daytona with no tire wear and boost on confuses the heck out of me!

It's really too bad that you can't go online in Arcade Mode and keep Arcade and Simulation Modes completely separate. Arcade Mode is the ONLY place that boost should be used. Or at least give us a mean to sort on boost rooms instead of sorting on skid recovery.

Back