Confused about Xbox Live..

• Thread starter superfast
  • 11 comments
So I'm on the verge of buying a 360 finally (mainly for Forza, yes, and Saint's Row), and I'm still confused as to what comes with the 360 Pro as far as a trial membership. I've seen some places that it's a one month silver membership, but a friend told me that they have been playing online with their trial membership (and I though silver couldn't play multiplayer online games).

Help please?

I'm almost positive you get two months free gold with buying a Premium console.

Yeah, it's just one month. My account ended last week and in the email Microsoft sent me, it said "Your 1 year+one month xbox live membership has ended."

When I was about to buy a 360 the girl at EB games told me it was one month of Silver. :ouch:
Hopefully that's not the case but I thought I should atleast weigh-in.
The best bet would be to ask the retailer you are going to use for purchasing the unit. 👍

One month of silver? Silver is free, always. As long as you own a 360, you *have* silver.

Exactly. Silver keeps you connected, but it does not allow you to play games on the interweb tubes. If you ask me, its worth the $4.20 a month to utilize all the features of XBL, playing with friends, and whatnot. If you don't want to shell out $50 at a time, most places in the US sell pre-paid cards that keep you online for I believe one-month and three-month cycles.

Just get it. Its worth it...

$50 for the year subscription ?
It's 59.99 € here in France, which is about $82.

And the online racing feature is based on peer-to-peer, not on servers. :yuck:
I'll stay off-line until GT5+PS3+free online racing.

So my account is suspended and i can't revert back to Silver, it just wants my updated card info and I dont care to pay them anymore. Do i have to call them in order to use XBL? I really hated the idea having to call to cancel XBl for Xbox. I say its not worth it if you dont use it. Since all of this my liking for Xbox Live has lowered. I just want to download demos and content for games but can't. I guess I'm lazy.

By the way lost my credit card and got a replacement but.

Coolers kill 360s more easily than just keeping it in a place that is well-ventilated, furthermore keeping track of how hard it is running. Basically, running a X360 is like running an older car with a belt-operated fan. You've got to keep your eye on the thermostat, and when the car starts acting weird, you pull over and give it a rest.

...Its the same with the X360. I have an early build from November 2005, and while it has had minor hiccups, it has yet to die (although, I'm hoping it does after the price drop... I want an Elite!). Just keep an eye on it. When it acts funny, stop using it, give it a break, and boot it back up. Problem solved...

LaBounti
Since all of this my liking for Xbox Live has lowered. I just want to download demos and content for games but can't. I guess I'm lazy.

I'm confused; You had to cancel your credit card because you lost it, so Microsoft is asking you to update your card information, but you don't want to because you're afraid they're going to charge you?

You should be able to cancel Gold over the internet, possibly even on the X360, but I have no idea why it wouldn't allow you to use your stuff. AFAIK, Silver allows you to do everything except play with friends online, so I'm uncertain why your stuff isn't working.

I'm confused; You had to cancel your credit card because you lost it, so Microsoft is asking you to update your card information, but you don't want to because you're afraid they're going to charge you?

You should be able to cancel Gold over the internet, possibly even on the X360, but I have no idea why it wouldn't allow you to use your stuff. AFAIK, Silver allows you to do everything except play with friends online, so I'm uncertain why your stuff isn't working.

I can't use live at all, not even to revert to silver. I dont want my new card charged just to revert to silver. But I'll try what you said by doing it online. Thanks in advanced.

Latest Posts

Back