Considering getting Gran Turismo Sport. Now on sale at Playstations Days of Play for £16/$20.

England
St helens, merseyside, England.
crazybuttocks198
Crazybuttocks19
With Playstation Days of Play now live (for the next 11 days). Now is a a good time to buy Gran Turismo Sport.

GT Sport UK is at £16 on PS Store and US is at $20.
VR starter pack (with GTS) UK £199 and US $199

Playstation Blog US / EU

Also stores have deals (such as GAME) in the UK)

Last edited:
I'm tempted to pick up this nicely discounted digital GT Sport, it means I can keep my disk in the sreelbook nice and safe and not have to put the disk in anymore.

This has happened with quite a few titles recently actually. Thank the lord for a 4TB external HDD.

Actually it is £13.49 with ps plus
15284733587903313524961225706552.jpg

Attachments

• 15284733013434107529783332330557.jpg
    15284733013434107529783332330557.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 14
I said I'd only consider buying it when it was under a tenner; but £15.99 is slightly tempting. I probably wouldn't even play it though...

Hey, guys, please tell me Something, If You know .
I have the game on disk GT Sport and i play a lot and I am sick and tired to use the disk, I want to sell it or change it with other game, because I want to buy the digital version GT Sport, from PSN Store, it's a good price now also.
I want to know, can I continue the game if i get the digital version, the ps 4 will recognise it as the same content, or will have to start all over again?
Thanks !

Hey, guys, please tell me Something, If You know .
I have the game on disk GT Sport and i play a lot and I am sick and tired to use the disk, I want to sell it or change it with other game, because I want to buy the digital version GT Sport, from PSN Store, it's a good price now also.
I want to know, can I continue the game if i get the digital version, the ps 4 will recognise it, or will have to start all over again?
Thanks !

Yes its the same game as the disc version.

They're also listing the T300rs Gt edition for £249.99,down from £349.99.

I haven't looked at prices elsewhere so not sure how good a deal it is.

I'm tempted to pick up this nicely discounted digital GT Sport, it means I can keep my disk in the sreelbook nice and safe and not have to put the disk in anymore.

This has happened with quite a few titles recently actually. Thank the lord for a 4TB external HDD.

Tempted as well, no more hitting the eject button by mistake when plugging in the keyboard. That was a nice DR loss. I hope it's just the license you buy and you don't have to download the whole thing?

Edit: I jumped the gun and got my answer. It doesn't work, still says insert the disc. You have to delete the whole 76GB install and download the digital version with all updates again... I got it refunded to my wallet, unfortunately I still live with a bandwidth cap, plus 76 GB would take 2 days. Not easier at all! At least psn support was quick and easy.

Last edited:
Quick question, how is the offline campaign or this mostly around online only?
I know there is a few campaigns...but is it typical of a fully fledged GT title or only secondary thought?

Quick question, how is the offline campaign or this mostly around online only?
I know there is a few campaigns...but is it typical of a fully fledged GT title or only secondary thought?

There is plenty to keep you busy for a long time with the classic driving school, 64 challenges, circuit experience (time attack for all tracks and sectors), and GT League which has new events added with every update.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/complete-gt-sport-mission-challenge-listing.362470/
https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-league-everything-good-bad-classic-gran-turismo/

It's not as full fledged as GT5 or GT6 but there's plenty to keep you busy for 50 hours or more.

I have the 180 day achievement and close to 200 cars? It took that long to get over 100 league trophies and 99% mission gold and 99% track gold and I've done some arcade to fill in the daily requirement... I rarely ever do more than the daily to get the car.

Its worth the price to just get up to this point and now its just a slow drip every month.

Already down to a pathetic 13 quid, lol.

Says an awful lot really that this game ain't retaining any value. Shame.

@ OP. Look into the penalty system first. It's poor, and the game is an awful grind if you want to buy the more expensive cars. Just constant laps around a small bowl. (Or AFK it with rubberband all night, lol).

If that appeals, can't go wrong as it's a bargain. But if looking for a challenge and not to be trolled. I'd stay well clear of this edition and await a proper GT to come.

At this rate, it'll be sooner than later. This game is very poor.

Already down to a pathetic 13 quid, lol.

Says an awful lot really that this game ain't retaining any value. Shame.

@ OP. Look into the penalty system first. It's poor, and the game is an awful grind if you want to buy the more expensive cars. Just constant laps around a small bowl. (Or AFK it with rubberband all night, lol).

If that appeals, can't go wrong as it's a bargain. But if looking for a challenge and not to be trolled. I'd stay well clear of this edition and await a proper GT to come.

At this rate, it'll be sooner than later. This game is very poor.
Sales like this are pretty common though? If anything this is nothing compared to Steam sales (95% off is a thing there)

Shadow of Colossus and Burnout Paradise are cheaper than GTS lol. Tell me how those two games are bad

I don't think it's representative of the content, because if it is then just about every single game out there is pretty bad

There is plenty to keep you busy for a long time with the classic driving school, 64 challenges, circuit experience (time attack for all tracks and sectors), and GT League which has new events added with every update.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/complete-gt-sport-mission-challenge-listing.362470/
https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-league-everything-good-bad-classic-gran-turismo/

It's not as full fledged as GT5 or GT6 but there's plenty to keep you busy for 50 hours or more.

You know there's sod all there, basic and hardly challenging, lol.

2 days at best.

Hence they keep adding so much offline content. And why it's a complete mess at that. They tried with this 'new direction' and it failed.

Otherwise they'd be creating NEW content. Not back-tracking and slashing prices drastically as to re-appeal to their fans, well, many if them.

This version is shallow.

@ Alpha Cipher.

A good year after release and many games still hold strong value to resell or draw a good few in stores. This game, with this much effort and money spent on it, combined with the piss poor 3.3m post (naturally a few more since, maybe).

Sorry, no. Commercial failure.

Don't get me wrong, it's a steal. But says so much about their new direction.

They'd have been better off allowing microtransactions, and certainly a full roster of cars and tracks.

Still, a free drip feed of old content is ok, I guess.

Last edited:
A good year after release and many games still hold strong value to resell or draw a good few in stores. This game, with this much effort and money spent on it, combined with the piss poor 3.3m post (naturally a few more since, maybe).

Sorry, no. Commercial failure.

Don't get me wrong, it's a steal. But says so much about their new direction.

They'd have been better off allowing microtransactions, and certainly a full roster of cars and tracks.

Still, a free drip feed of old content is ok, I guess.
It might be a commerical failure in terms of gaming sales in general, but it's still a relative success in this niche racing sim community. Different ideals for different people I guess.

It might be a commerical failure in terms of gaming sales in general, but it's still a relative success in this niche racing sim community. Different ideals for different people I guess.

Yeah, I guess.

But Polyphony and more importantly, Sony, will want a return on such an involved, expensive product. Hence the vast reductions. These games ain't cheap to make, and certainly here it takes time to create cars/tracks, otherwise we'd have a full roster from day one and not half a game with the rest given if the game remains, lol.

This stinks of desperation really. Just small a niche to be putting all these millions into a leading franchise that could sell 12-15m copies, to be satisfied with the return so far. So, they make the game available at pocket money prices in one last hope the kids take to it, as GT fans are not so much.

Not 8 months in, with genuinely full DLC's still likely to come too.

I get it, the game itself is typical GT, stunning. But so broken at the moment. Not a fan of MTX, but GT6 was far less grindy with them!

This one takes the piss, genuinely. Very poorly managed.

Don't believe the hate from belittled players that wants the 90s back.

There more than enough content at full price even if you only play offline.

The online just happened to be so much more interesting for me than the offline stuff, mostly thanks to a match making system that works more than it fails and a penalty system that never will be perfect but for most people will be just what is needed.

Want proof, check out the emotions that this game causes on this forum and take a look at the videos in my sig.. See you ingame

Don't believe the hate from belittled players that wants the 90s back.

Who's asking that?

All I ask is that we actually see this game grow. Not hold back content from the start. Content that has been key to previous GT's past successes.

This is to me, a typical millenials response, lol.

We should be seeing DLC with NEW content to bring to the franchise. (Not to mention that we shouldn't be relying on DLC to keep the game alive in the first place, lol).

If this game delivered, it would now be looking to move forward. But no, all they're doing is adding offline content and reducing prices. (Not the first sale, online or physical either). It's backtracking so much.

To keep it simple, we should have the 90s game/gaming. And more. Far more for the time it takes to create and release this particular game too.

This is very shallow. The offline content is blatantly an afterthought and poorly organised too. Plus, the game is more of a grind than ever before for players with expensive tastes. I get we should work for and earn our successes, but driving around in endless circles or leaving the game AFK for credits as the actual racing simply doesn't pay is just not gaming.

Anyone that thinks so is genuinely deluded at that. Defend it all you want (Not you personally, more a general 'you').

Racing IRL might be seeing less interest, but gaming is on the rise. Bit daft to think Sony are excited by this title. Not when games that are far more simple or open can pull in literally billions these days because they BUILT on their 90s product, lol.

But alas, I'll glady go back for the music, lol.

But alas, I'll glady go back for the music, lol.

As always vote with your wallet. If you dont like these practices then dont buy it.

I'm powerless to affect change at PD so this is how it is, in fact it was similar with GT6.

I think this issue with some people is that they could realise this game for free and it still wouldnt be enough as its not GT4.

As I see it, there's not a lot of competiton here so its basically, beggars on consoles... its FM7 or this or maybe PCARS2.

PD should do this, PD should do that... blah blah... anyone who doesnt agree is a 'milleniial'... what next? An SJW? A boomer? What are you then? Entitled? just like a millenial?

As always vote with your wallet. If you dont like these practices then dont buy it.

I'm powerless to affect change at PD so this is how it is, in fact it was similar with GT6.

I think this issue with some people is that they could realise this game for free and it still wouldnt be enough as its not GT4.

As I see it, there's not a lot of competiton here so its basically, beggars on consoles... its FM7 or this or maybe PCARS2.

PD should do this, PD should do that... blah blah... anyone who doesnt agree is a 'milleniial'... what next? An SJW? A boomer? What are you then? Entitled? just like a millenial?

Gt6 added new tracks and Content, aside Midfield I believe. And even with microtransactions there, they offers a great variety of ways to earn in game credits doing much as opposed to driving around a small NASCAR track, lol.

You're not powerless. But if you don't react, then of course, you'll be ignored and certainly feel powerless.

FTR, bought the game 2nd hand once I saw more content arrive. That part was very much worth it, for a short while. But their online/sport mode is so broken that that alone isn't sustaining when punishing victims as strongly.

Been a growing issue since launch too.

What am I? I'm a video gamer. Nothing more, but unlike you, I'm happy to accept that a franchise I love is bleeding and am not blind as to why, lol.

Better to say something and get nowhere rather than sit silent and wonder if. Many do the latter.

Back