Considering how much Yamauchi complained about the PS3, GT5/6 were way more ambitious than Sport/GT7.

• Thread starter SimTourist
  • 31 comments
tbh if 7 was just a graphics and cars upgrade to GT5 with all the new tracks they've done I'd have been insanely happy. GT5 was my peak enjoyment, mostly because of how replayable it was combined with the full length endurance events, trying to figure out how low powered of a car I can bring to the Nurburgring 4 hour and still beat the AMUSE S2000 GT1 Turbo and/or Audi R8 LMS Race Car.

What could I bring to Le Mans 24 that would hang with the Audi R8 and R10 but not blow them away. Those kinds of things.

Now I'm forced to grind Spa 1 hour if I want a replayable "Endurance" event when it should be incredibly simple for them to add Spa 24 GR.3, Le Mans 24 Mixed Class, Nurburgring GR.3/GR.4 Mixed Class, Daytona 24 GR.1/GR.3, Fuji 6 hour.

Like those should be literal button presses for them at this point and I don't think we'll ever actually get them. It's insane the content they're leaving on the table and yeah

Kaz has definetly mixed up his priority list since the PS3 days. He's learned that putting all his eggs into the physics basket didn't help, but delayed the game, so he changed his focus... but it comes at the cost of fanbase expectations.
When GT Sport came with Scapes as the biggest feature, next to Esports is when he changed the direction of the series. GT7 is iterative on that change, but it's great we finally got full car customization in a GT game.
IMHO it was the GT Academy crap that has morphed into a major distraction and taken away from the game living up to a fraction of its potential. I can't remember when it started but that was clearly a harbinger that the game was going to only get more neglected as time went on.

Seriously practically NOBODY cares about the "pro drivers", this is evidenced by the fact that they had to attach in-game rewards to it to get anyone to actually pay attention to it during their "World Series". They need to drop that crap and focus on the game itself. If the game is rewarding and fun to play, and it can be without going so much as a single mm towards the NFS-cheese, then 3rd parties will set up their own series and tournaments that will promote the game. But instead PD have it backwards, typical bad senior management.

Back