[controllers] old better than new?

• Thread starter neepheid
  • 9 comments
People talk of breaking controllers, but does anyone find that an old Dual Shock is better than a new Dual Shock 2? I use an old Dual Shock which has nice loose analogue sticks. I totally prefer this smoother, "broken-in" feel to tighter new ones that have a much stronger tendency to return to the centre.

What does anyone else think?

ihave 2 from the firts ps model( the b model)no analog.
and i like more tham the news,actualy the control of my ps2 is closed in the original plastic never use it never.

i prefer the new feel. i like the strong resistance as it makes me use more caution and i get greater precision. plus the rubber on the top of the sticks is much more sticky when its new :)

I like the "new" feeling too. Tight analog sticks are nice too. I hate it when they become loose. I also like the "new frosty" feeling to new controllers. After a while, they become oily and smooth from your hands.

Originally posted by Viper Zero
I like the "new" feeling too. Tight analog sticks are nice too. I hate it when they become loose. I also like the "new frosty" feeling to new controllers. After a while, they become oily and smooth from your hands.

How true :D when I first got my ps2 I found the analog sticks to be stiff and awkward, but the greater amount of resistance they give allows for smoother steering on GT3, wheras the loose analog sticks on the PS0ne dualshock feel really loose in comparison.

Yeah gotta have that new controller feeling, although I always take my controllers apart and wash the casing and the buttons out so they get the feeling back into them. I bought the Dualshock 1 pad when GT came out and by the time I had my PS2 the analog sticks were shiny and had no grip on them whatsoever, mind you the larger dualshock motor had also died so I only had very little aounts of vibration.

I could say im somthing of a controller expert when it comes to fixing em as well

I prefer the Dual Shock 2, cause the D-pad feel more more smoother than the first.

I play often with VF4 & I can say that playing it with a PSone controller is a pain in the ass...

Back