1657760293204.png

Body Style: 4-door sedan
Engine: 2.7L twin-turbocharged V6, 3.0L twin-turbocharged V6, 3.7L V6
Power: 305-400hp
Torque: 280-400 lb-ft
Weight: 1915-2060 kg
Transmission: 6-speed automatic
Drivetrain: front engine, front wheel drive, front engine, all wheel drive
Additional Information: The final generation of the Continental, after a 14 year hiatus, and the final Lincoln sedan to be offered in the United States as well. Like the original Continental, it could be optioned with suicide doors. 41,400 units were sold in the United States, though it sold better in China most years.
lincoln-continental-1701.jpg

2017-lincoln-continental-01-bh.jpg

abd084a0-3c8a-4d00-849a-c737e073fea3.png

2020-lincoln-continental-coach-door-edition.jpg

2020_Lincoln_Continental_2.jpg

It came. It set Lincoln's design language. It left. That said, I don't think it's a bad looking car, although the front is the worst angle. The rear is the best, to me. The Suicide "coach" door version is legitimately interesting, and something I always look to see in the wild, but the car as a whole is probably meh at best (With most other comfortable-but-not-cool luxury cruisers)

Last edited:
In the past, you might get laughed at for driving a Lincoln (except maybe the LS). It's the same way with Buick. Lincoln styling has certainly gotten better when Lincoln became the Lincoln Motor Company. This probably isn't a car I'd be into if I wanted low-level or mid-level luxury. There is no real cool factor to this car, but it isn't boring or generic. So I can't go "Uncool" or worse here. I'm going to call Meh on this Lincoln Continental.

I actually quite like the understated elegance of this car, I really do; it's really a shame it wasn't a hit and it lacks a certain something to it so I can't properly call it cool.
But props for trying to make a real, comfy sedan.
Meh

I loved the idea of the door handles. The doors opened the wrong way, but at least it was an option.

The biggest problem, though, is that 99 times out of 100 when you think you see a Continental, you're actually seeing a refreshed MKZ and you don't realize it until you see the back. It's a level of styling debasement of a flagship car not seen since the Chrysler TC or the penultimate Eldorado 30 years prior.

I'll give this the highest of mehs. I think it looks pretty nice, but the front could've used a bit more character.

Hmm, tricky one. Lets start with the front which is reminiscent of Jag XJ but not as good. And then we get a fairly generic profile, with a reasonable amount of modern era bloat and in-elegance. The rear is not bad though.

And yet I do quite like it. Those suicide doors and door handles are quite cool. And overall it does look better than the sum of its parts. I'm gonna give it a cool.

I'm giving it a cool just because modern car with suicide doors. That was bold for a fancy Fusion. Well anyways at least Ford tried making a really nice luxury sedan before they completely abandoned the car altogether.

Last edited:
Back