Corvette C7 Test Prototype: Nürburgring Nordschleife Time Trial

Am I the only one that thinks this car has the most unpredictable handling ever?

It's an absolute pig. One minute I'm flinging it around thinking what a great car and a second later I've completely lost it. I blame the brake balance... and my driving.

It's an absolute pig. One minute I'm flinging it around thinking what a great car and a second later I've completely lost it. I blame the brake balance... and my driving.

It's really not that bad. Hasn't PD in a recent update tried to unify the physics of the different game modes and online mode? I drive on the Nordschleife a lot in Arcade mode, which always offered a richer experience compared to Aspec, especially on the Ring. Not certain about this though, but it could explain your feelings. The track itself is very treacherous in places

It's really not that bad. Hasn't PD in a recent update tried to unify the physics of the different game modes and online mode? I drive on the Nordschleife a lot in Arcade mode, which always offered a richer experience compared to Aspec, especially on the Ring. Not certain about this though, but it could explain your feelings. The track itself is very treacherous in places

I agree with you, that's why with this car is a great challenge a good lap time on this circuit, and without any driving aids, wheel 900 degrees, and without custom setup, showing are quick and good (virtual) drivers (in my opinion), assuming that the drivers know well the track...

excellent TT

Are you using traction control. I found it really unpredictable, turned it off and problem solved it was sliding as I expected it should, and managed to go 10 seconds quicker without half the hassle I was having before.

I don't know why I had it on in the first place, I usually turn it off any way.

It's the combination of car and track I think. On a nice flat circuit it would probably handle fine, but here where you have sudden changes of camber you only need to be slightly off line to find yourself in a sticky situation and once this thing has lost grip, it's curtains. It's a great challenge though and one that demands precise driving.

Are you using traction control. I found it really unpredictable, turned it off and problem solved it was sliding as I expected it should, and managed to go 10 seconds quicker without half the hassle I was having before.

Not unless I forget to turn it off. It defaults to 5 every time you enter the event. That caught me out a few times.

Last edited:
Yeah! I finally gold this event with 7:48:535 :)
Now my target is 7:40
Those last corners makes my heart beat faster!

I managed 7:44.442 on my first lap with cold tires :)
After so many tries I'm beggining to enjoy this TT
The key is to pump the accelerator trough the corners, especially the fast ones.

I have accomplished my goal
After dozens of attempts I got 7:39:91, again with cold tires.
Im happy with my 3863th

I have to say this TT was driving me nuts. I use the controller and mash buttons, and drive an auto tranny. I was unable to break into a gold time, seemingly stuck above 30,000th. The suggestion to move TC to 7 did the trick. I golded and am in the top 20,000 for now. I know there is room for improvement but very happy now that I have the 1.1m and 2 new cars!

I finally got silver, this is impossible for me I am just happy to of gotten the money for finishing 2nd, would've loved to of gotten the 24 ticket though :(

did a 7:27:189 now... with room for improving :) everything OFF except ABS (1)

I'm a DS3 player so I think it's a pretty decent time. I have to keep my "best portuguese DS3 player" title hehe

247º WW

Decided to have another crack. Was 1.1 seconds up on my 1:27.745 at the end of sector 2, and I know I messed up in a couple of places later in that lap. So a 1:25 should be possible.

did a 7:27:189 now... with room for improving :) everything OFF except ABS (1)

I'm a DS3 player so I think it's a pretty decent time. I have to keep my "best portuguese DS3 player" title hehe

247º WW

Really? That's a nice title ... 👍

hehe it's a not a "title"... :D I just did the best portuguese DS3 time in GTAcademy :embarrassed:

ps: Did a 7:25:571 right now. My objective is accomplished :D

Damn...
You are 13 secs faster with a DS3 then I am with a G25 :eek:
Kudos for you as this car must be a b*tch to drive with DS3! 👍

Will give it one last try tomorrow.
I have to get some secs off.
Currently at 07'38.532

Damn...

Will give it one last try tomorrow.
I have to get some secs off.
Currently at 07'38.532

Some info that might help others....been trying to download the new vette since it was released but with no joy,kept getting message that it was unavailable at the time,was gutted as have done other 3 new year events.anyway,tried adding funds to my account,despite download being free,and worked first time,hope this helps someone.

Damn...

it is, unless one has had enough practice on a ds3 to just do it. i certainly dont, but i play like once every couple weeks when a new seasonal is out.

Some info that might help others....been trying to download the new vette since it was released but with no joy,kept getting message that it was unavailable at the time,was gutted as have done other 3 new year events.anyway,tried adding funds to my account,despite download being free,and worked first time,hope this helps someone.

You don't need to have downloaded the car to do the TT. The car used is actually in the TT, not from your garage. It's to stop people tuning. :)

In a similar way, you can do all the seasonal events at Spa without the DLC.

Why I can not break in the engine of this stupid car?

As stated:

You don't need to have downloaded the car to do the TT. The car used is actually in the TT, not from your garage. It's to stop people tuning. :)

The car used in the TT isn't your car. :)

Thank you 👍

Check the OP, I uploaded a replay of 7'41.x (You can use it as a ghost)
I take it very easy through all the bends and I lift off the accelerator on some of the straights. If you follow the line of that ghost it should be easier to follow.

First post on here, felt I had to post to thank people in this thread for the tips (particularly the OP).

This TT has been driving me *insane* and I thought I would never get gold. First two attempts were both red and out of total frustration I unwisely started hitting restart. Don't do it guys, as all you'll achieve is a decent first third of a lap. Finally, after many, many attempts I got a clean lap in at 8.00 dead, then used the ghost from that to chip away down to 7.51.3. I was stuck at that time for ages until I downloaded PR1VATEJ0KER's 7.41 ghost replay. Worked a treat and I was actually 1.1 secs up on the ghost through the first third or so, then when the ghost got past me I tried to relax and stay with it as best I could (not easy as I had driven the last 2/3 of a lap a lot less and was slow as hell compared with the ghost). Anyway, I was 4.5 secs behind hitting the long straight so knew I had a chance if I didn't throw it in the wall after the bridge. Took the last section like a big girl, came off the throttle really early and braked well before I should have :nervous:, 1.49.3. Yay! Result.

Anyway, some great advice in this thread. Thank you for the replay PR1VATEJ0KER, I can finally forget about the C7 and die a happy man 👍

Much respect to the guys in the 7:teens, I really don't know how you do it!

Finally got it!
After countless red laps I decided to cruise around and crossed the finish-line in 7.48.474
Reward from the 1000Ticket: Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car in black!

Well, I'd say: Do the AMG SE until you know the 'Ring like your whatever, THEN do the endurances to make it stick. Otherwise you might teach yourself bad habits. The AMG school is precisely to hone the skills needed to tackle some of the unique challenges present at the 'Ring and it breaks it down into nice manageable bits for you.

It just didn't work that way for me. I learned the course better by doing repeated laps in a race (without the pressure of trying to hit a particular time) than I did in the AMG school. Obviously, YMMV.

Finally got it!
After countless red laps I decided to cruise around and crossed the finish-line in 7.48.474
Reward from the 1000Ticket: Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car in black!

My reward was a nascar

say can anyone give me some advice on how they golded for c7 corvette?

Try to get a good lap,but drive fast enough to get gold.dont make the car run wide or slide or you gonna lose time or go to the grass.

Wow.....747:725, I've done it!
I know it's a cr...erm, i mean rubbish time but hey ho! I'm suprised i did it!
Largely thanks to this thread i might add!
Thankyou to all the guys who posted advice, all of you are just brilliant! Really, THANK YOU!
...........Now can we have a TT with big beautiful muscle cars, New and old on sports soft tyres!!!

Last edited:
Back