Corvette C7 Test Prototype: Nürburgring Nordschleife Time Trial

say can anyone give me some advice on how they golded for c7 corvette?

Download the replay from the OP and use that to help you round the track. If you are close to the ghost car when you cross the line and you haven't got a red lap then you've done it :)

This may sound stupid but if it feels like you are pushing it hard then you will probably not get the time. This car responds to gentle well timed braking and acceleration. Get rough with it and it will spit you off the track.

Good luck 👍

You don't need to have downloaded the car to do the TT. The car used is actually in the TT, not from your garage. It's to stop people tuning. :)

In a similar way, you can do all the seasonal events at Spa without the DLC.

Cheers dude,wish I had realised earlier,had an hour on this last nite, first decent run was 8.08, then did an 8.0dead..try again tonite.

It took a lot of swearing, some violence, plenty of shouting at the "Stupid £$^% car!!!" but last night I finally did it!

The key for me was doing a few laps in the beautiful to drive Audi R8 LMS on racing softs before tackling it, so I refreshed my mind with the track in a car that didn't require 100% attention at all times.

First lap in the C7 I bettered my previous best by 5 seconds, then after a few more attempts I got it to a 1:50.993. That last second took ages...but that's my own fault. I get nervous, or I try to go too fast and overshoot the corner. It's all in my head, I could run it far quicker otherwise.

Still, 1:48.500 will do me, as long as I never have to get behind the wheel of that dog again!

I'm gonna go for it one last time, trying to shave some time off.

Some people say they warm up their tires for 2 or 3 lapes.
Since when did tyre wear become active in time trials?
Do they really warm up of not?

I don't think they do, I set my fastest lap on the first lap of the session. Tyre wear is off.

You will notice, if you look at the tyre display when you start the run, that your tyres are cold. It takes quite a while to warm them up properly.

There is a distinct handing difference in the first sector on the first lap to the first sector on the second lap.

You do not use up the tyres though.

You will notice, if you look at the tyre display when you start the run, that your tyres are cold. It takes quite a while to warm them up properly.

There is a distinct handing difference in the first sector on the first lap to the first sector on the second lap.

You do not use up the tyres though.

Actually, there isn't any noticable difference in grip in T1/2 on the opening lap to the 2nd or 3rd lap.

The tyres being blue doesn't have an effect on grip levels.

Actually, there isn't any noticable difference in grip in T1/2 on the opening lap to the 2nd or 3rd lap.

The tyres being blue doesn't have an effect on grip levels.

That's what I thought. I'm usually slower on my 2nd lap through T1 because of the over-the-line-freeze-thingy. :yuck:

I could cure it by deleting pics and replays, but can't quite bring myself to. :indiff:

In the Academy TT, the brakes lock up real easy (there's little or no braking effect if you brake too hard) on the first lap at the first corner. I don't know if it's the tyres or the brakes being cold but I'm sure there's a difference between the first and second lap. Tyre wear isn't on but I think tyre or brake temperature has an effect. We're not talking 2 or 3 laps here, just a few 100 meters. If this also happens on the 'Ring it would still only affect the first corner after the start.

Well, I had my final run on this TT this afternoon.
Wasn't able to shave any time off...
Did a 07'40.xxx but that's not quicker than my 07'38.xxx
Overall I started about 40 or 50 times, of which only 4 or so were clean (and/or complete) laps.

I found this car very difficult to drive.
It was frustrating at times (most of the time actually), but fun.
Hopefully we will see more TT's like this one.

hey i need a little help see my last time was 8:18.xxx and i shaved off 10 sec. from it today so what do i need to do, please?

hey i need a little help see my last time was 8:18.xxx and i shaved off 10 sec. from it today so what do i need to do, please?

First, let me tell you that I only managed a 7.43, so I'm not an alien, by far.

The thing with this car is, as mentioned before in this thread, to not "over" drive it. Gentle braking, easy on the throttle and, apart from the first corner, never use 2nd gear. 3rd gear'll suffice to pull you out of the corners ;-).

Assuming you know the track quite well already, just try to get in a groove. Most of the time, the lap where you think you're too slow to even set a good time turns out to be your best lap ;-)

EDIT : one thing that also helped, for me at least, was to turn of the race display. Sure, you only know at the end of the lap if you've improved your laptime but it takes away the stress of seeing a sector-time and thinking "ooh, I'm faster now, better not mess it up" or "go to make up some time in the next sectors if I still want to improve"

So, just run a couple of laps, relax as much as possible ;-)

Last edited:
That's my biggest problem when driving this car :sly:

At first I thought it was a heap of 🤬 , but after a while it sort of grew on me ( not nearly as much as my beloved NSX or F430 mind you :P )
Biggest problem for me was "gelling" with the car

Got Gold Today - I enjoyed this TT as the car was such a handful to drive cleanly with the "Prototype" brakes on the car. (And No ABS/No TCS/No Cup holders.)

Awkward, but memorable trying to drive with purpose, but also trying not to lock a rear wheel and get sideways into any of the 234 corners of the Nurburgring.

It does make me want to try my usual cars with a bit more of an agressive Brake Bias setting than my usual 3/2 - maybe not 5/5 - but I think I could work with 5/4.

Probably only enjoyed it as the car was a heavy FR car - pretty stable drift-o-matic.

A Slice of Guinness before you race...

And I thought differential settings was the dark magic in driving

ended this wonderful TT, i finished in 2775 position of 78680 virtual drivers, with my lap 07:37.153, without any drivers aids, except abs1 , not so good laptime, but I'm relatively satisfied, because from when I bought GT5 I've done a few laps in the ring (35-40 laps I think, not i am sure, include laps and from this TT), I hope on similar TT because they are very fun...
this corvette prototype also very fun to drive for me, primarily due to torque motor...

congratulations to all for participation 👍

Big hats off to all the wheel users that actually used H-shifters with no aids other than ABS1.

There were 439 in total. Blown away by some of the times, wow!

FYI: This event recognized H-shifter, but not clutch.

No alien here, only got to 8:00:156 with H-shifter.

Thanks to the MyGranTurismo's great filters.

Last edited:
Congratulations to PD for give us a TT where we had the opportunity to measure our "real" driving level
Finally I got 7:38:344 (3476th), not my best but I'm happy with that.

Congratulations to PD for give us a TT where we had the opportunity to measure our "real" driving level
Finally I got 7:38:344 (3476th), not my best but I'm happy with that.

Not your best outdid my best by quite a bit - nearly 10 seconds! I'd be happy with that, too! :D

This one was a heck of a challenge, but fun, too.

I hope again to a similar competitive process time trials, with stock cars and stock setup, because if i need to setup a car I'm not good in this process :grumpy: , at least yet... :lol:

Back