Corvette C7 Test Prototype: Nürburgring Nordschleife Time Trial

I hope again to a similar competitive process time trials, with stock cars and stock setup, because if i need to setup a car I'm not good in this process :grumpy: , at least yet... :lol:

Same here, that's why I love Time Trails like this .
And although I cursed the C7 at times, it did make me love the 'nurb so much that the only lobbies I joun are the ones on that track ( same for offline time trails, only use the 'nurb these days ):lol:

Same here, that's why I love Time Trails like this .
And although I cursed the C7 at times, it did make me love the 'nurb so much that the only lobbies I joun are the ones on that track ( same for offline time trails, only use the 'nurb these days ):lol:

:lol: :cheers:

For me, this TT was truly a case of slow is fast. My first attempt was my first time driving this 'vette. Ran into the grass on my first two tries and got invalidated both times.

The third time, I kept it under control and tried not to push it. Beat the gold by about 10 seconds (can't remember actual lap time).

I'm just an average driver and I'm surprised others are finding this so hard. My advice would be not to push too hard and run a smooth lap.

This exactly! 👍 I invalidated the the 1st lap, warmed up the tyres for the next lap and got silver, 5 seconds short of gold.
After having exited and saved the ghost lap, i invalidated the 1st lap (2nd entry, so my 3rd lap really) again, so i warmed up the tyres even more by delibertely crashing, smoking up my tyres, etc.
Then i focused on just keeping it nice and smooth and letting my warm tyres do the rest. Golded with a 7:48.169. 4 laps in total and it's job done. Easy as ya like! :cool:

I'd normally agree, slow=fast on the Nordscheife. I'm afraid the advice not accelerating or braking in the corners is a bit superfluous. I already know how to drive a fast (enough for gold) time with the car on this circuit. It's the very different physics of the TT that is driving me totally mad.

I've found exactly the same issue with the GTR '07 on sports hard. I'm quick enough in races, and with equivalent tyres, etc, but in TT mode, i still can't get that 'New record' trophy!

It's because there is no tyre wear in TT mode. When your tyres start to wear just slightly you can go around corners much faster until your tyres wear further and you start to lose time. Having tyre wear forced off makes a major difference in terms of potential lap times.

Last edited:
After the 'Vette Time Trial, I went back to the Arcade run with the GT-R and managed it in a few laps, beating the time by almost two seconds.

Ditto. I was thrilled to be in the top 16,000 on this one! :D

'Course, now it makes me want to go give the GT-R a go in Arcade mode...

ETA: ... and so I did. My previous best on the R35 GTR challenge was 7:51.xxx. Time to beat is 7:29.03. Two laps in, I'm sitting on 7:29.055. So, so close. It shall be mine!

ETA2: BOOM! Two more laps, and nailed it. 7:27.668. I'll take that trophy, gladly. :)

The what?! You mean the Nissan GTR '07...

I managed to gold this by a couple of seconds last night. I gotta say, after this the 15th anniversary event with the Nissan GTR on the nurb is a piece of cake.

You can't be serious!? I've been trying to get this for 2 years and i'm still 7 seconds too slow!

I use a G27 wheel, TCS is off and ABS is on 1. I used to have TCS on 1, but having turned it off my lap times have improved by 20+ seconds. I've even tried switching off ABS, but then i'm still a few seconds slower. Also, i'm very familiar with the ring, having done the 24HR race with it raining during the first 9 hours. I came back from 5 mins behind and took the lead with 20 mins to go. Anyway, you get my point.

I've run out of ideas in terms of what i can do to improve my lap times any further.
Despite my best efforts to lift the throttle while turning, i just can't seem to get this heavy piece-of-s**t to turn quickly enough.

That 'New Record' trophy has driven me insane. Compared to that, this C7 TT was a breeze!

Yes, the GTR '07. If memory serves, I ran it with TCS set at 5. I was finally able to gold the 'Vette TT with TCS @ 6 - it was just too squirrelly for me with it set lower - so I decided to try the same approach with the GTR, and I could see pretty quickly that it was going to get me awfully close.

I'm gonna go for it one last time, trying to shave some time off.

Some people say they warm up their tires for 2 or 3 lapes.
Since when did tyre wear become active in time trials?
Do they really warm up of not?

Of course they do. The tyres may not wear at all, but the colur can still be used to indicate the tyre temperature. They still start cold and warm up, just as they get too hot when when you suffer wheel-spin.

I don't think they do, I set my fastest lap on the first lap of the session. Tyre wear is off.

To suggest that tyres being blue doesn't mean they're cold is just as ridiculous as suggesting that when they're red, it doesn't mean you've lost traction!

You will notice, if you look at the tyre display when you start the run, that your tyres are cold. It takes quite a while to warm them up properly.

There is a distinct handing difference in the first sector on the first lap to the first sector on the second lap.

You do not use up the tyres though.

You are 100% correct. 👍 When you don't use TCS, you can't help but feel the increased grip on the second lap. Regarding thoose who've noticed no notable difference, i can only assume they're using TCS, and thus can't feel what the tyres are doing. For this reason, i have to have it off!

Actually, there isn't any noticable difference in grip in T1/2 on the opening lap to the 2nd or 3rd lap.

The tyres being blue doesn't have an effect on grip levels.

:lol: Next you'll be saying that when they're red, it doesn't mean you have wheel-spin!? 👎 What a joke! To quote a former house-mate of mine, "YOU ARE WRONG!!" :mad:

Back