Cote d'Azur - Mistral 78 laps

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 11 comments

Der Alta

Official GTP Bouncer
Staff Emeritus
DerAlta
Cote D’Azur - The Write-up

I’m using my brand new RX-7 LM car for this one.

Settings:
Test attempt:

I threw some adjustments at the RX-7 and took two qualifying laps around the Blue beach. Missed the pole by 0.308 on the first lap, nailed it on the second lap 0.478 ahead of the GT-one race car. This was on medium tires, and there is some need of tweaking the suspension. But running the RX-7 stock shouldn’t be a problem.

Final Run:
Spring Rate: 16.4/14.8
Ride Height: 55/59
Shock Bound/Rebound: 5/6 6/7
Camber: 3.4/1.4
Toe: 0.0/ 0.5
Stabilizers: 4/4
Brakes: 20/16
LSD: 10/23/20
Auto Set gearing: Level 31
Final Drive: 4.524
Down force: 0.95/1.25
ASM = 0; TCS = 0

On my first qualifying lap, I landed the pole with a 1’36.986. 0.492 seconds ahead of the R390 LM car.

Pit schedule:
Me: lap 15 (burnt orange tires), 28, 41, 53, and 66
R390 GT1 LM car: every 13 laps
Altezza LM race Car: lap 28 and 56
Esperante GTR-1: lap 28 and 56
XJ220: lap 33 and 66
GT 40: 34 and 68

Results:
R390 GT1 LM car: + 25.602
Altezza LM race Car: + 3 laps
Esperante GTR-1: + 3 laps
GT 40: + 5 laps
XJ220: + 10 laps

Best lap: 1’33.833
Total Time: 2:08’37.605
Average lap: 1'38.944

This nets me 500,000cr a FTO LM car and an F094/H for completing Endurance level

Musings:
I encountered lap traffic on lap 18 and lapped the entire field, except for the R390, by lap 24. The R390 was very close to my times. I would gain a bit on a clean lap, and drop a bit on a lousy lap. I ran a few lousy laps in a row, and lost the lead on lap 30 to the R390. Due to how narrow this track is, I wasn’t able to take the lead back until lap 34.

On lap 45 I adjusted my shifting points, and shaved 2 seconds off my previous best lap. I was shifting to 1st for the ultra-tight hairpin, and 2nd at the box chicane at the bottom of the tunnel. I decided to take the hairpin in 2nd gear, and the chicane in 3rd gear. This shortened my lap times, but consequently my tire life.

When I pitted on lap 53, I was 37 seconds in the lead. If I go back to the previous shifting points, I can maintain my tire life, and keep with the pit schedule I was using.

All total I racked up 162.8 miles on the RX-7 LM car.

In lap 65, I pile drove the XJ220 into the chicane at the bottom of the tunnel. I was surprised to see him stuck there when I came around again. He wasted away 4 good laps before someone broke him loose.

Note of inconsequence
Replay save complete lap 37.

And this concludes my posting of the Endurance races. I have completed them all, and have posted them up for your viewing pleasure.

AO

Good analysis...Quick question. What is the "Replay Save Complete" notice? I have seen that on a couple of my Enduro's and I am not familiar with what that signals

What that signals is the memory has been used up. If you watch your replay, you'll only see up to that point.

If I recall correctly, you'll only see this on the enduro's and possibly in the final race of the F1 series. Which is, BTW, a repeat of the 78 laps around Monaco. except you face off against F1 cars.

AO

I am also considering the RX-7 LM for this race. I'd rather use the Mugen S2000 for reasons I'm sure you know, but I wonder how much latitude the AI has when it picks the field. I was able to beat the Zonda C12 by about 1.5" per lap in the semi-tweaked S2000, but no way will it beat the JGTC cars if they is the only choice for the AI.

Thanks as always for all of these writeups.

I just got an ugly suprise. In Formula GT the last race is 78 laps of Cote 'd Azur with formula 1 cars. :eek:

Yeah, when I saw that I was like "WTF??!!??" That was a pretty fun race though so I'll probably keep going back for more now and then.

Originally posted by Gil
In Formula GT the last race is 78 laps of Cote 'd Azur with formula 1 cars. :eek:
I ran that and the Cote d' Azur endurance race one after another. After that I felt a bit tired.

Gil ran the Formula GT race right after the Mistral, as well, but he forgot to get out of the Lupo Cup Car, so he got crushed.
:smilewink

Originally posted by neon_duke
Gil ran the Formula GT race right after the Mistral, as well, but he forgot to get out of the Lupo Cup Car, so he got crushed.
:smilewink
If I had remembered to change the oil, I might have won! :D

hehehe!! done that b4.... but i was in a mini for one race just winning then went on to a harder race and forgot to change cars.
I felt very under powered :D

Back