Cote D'Azur (Updated with Variable Weather and Day/Night Transitions)

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Even though we already have Cote D'Azur in Gran Turismo 6, the graphical quality of the track has not been updated to the PlayStation 3 standards and it still has no variable weather nor does it have day/night transitions.
Cote_d'Azur.png

Circuit Length: 2.075 miles (3.34 km)
Track Type: Temporary Street Circuit
Appears in: Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec, Gran Turismo 4, Gran Turismo 5, Gran Turismo 6

Côte d'Azur needs to be scrapped and built from scratch. The version we have been using is massively out of date and is devoid of life and atmosphere. The static water is cringe-worthy.
I understand, but this track is from 2000's....

And it isn't Côté d'Azur, but it's Monte Carlo Track!

..........One thing I want most in any city-based track is "day/night transition". Lights in buildings coming on one by one; neon-lit streets coming alive; setting sun over a skyscrapper casting long shadow - just imagine the kind of atmosphere that will create.
👍👍👍

The pit road exit isn't correct. it just shoves you out into the middle of traffic. also, the downhill section before the hairpins, there is supposed to be a big bump, which PD shaved down to make it easier. I also hate the walls in the chicane. they make it very difficult to get a proper racing line thru. They need all of these fixed. There are probably other problems that I didn't note.

The pit road exit isn't correct. it just shoves you out into the middle of traffic. also, the downhill section before the hairpins, there is supposed to be a big bump, which PD shaved down to make it easier. I also hate the walls in the chicane. they make it very difficult to get a proper racing line thru. They need all of these fixed. There are probably other problems that I didn't note.

I remember F1 in the 90s, the pit exit was just like in GT

By shove you out in the middle of traffic, I mean there's not enough room for pit exit. normally, when drivers exit pit road, they hug the right side of the track, then pass to the right other the curbing in turn 1.
F1-2014-Monaco-Grand-Prix.jpg

GT6 has this area blocked off with barriers preventing drivers from exiting pits in a realistic and safe manner.

that may have been acceptable in the 90s, but I would much rather prefer it as it is currently laid out.
At 0:33 you can see the absence of barriers in turn 1.
also at 0:51, you can see the bump that PD shaved down in game. (In between the two crosswalks)

This would be an amazing sight @ night one of the most beautiful places in the world

I think an updated, licensed, top-notch version of this track will arise eventually from the partnership between GT6 and the FIA.
And it had better have a full day-night cycle; the half-cycles at Ascari, Silverstone, Autumn Ring etc drive me nuts!

Monaco was my all time favorite back in the Porsche Unleashed days. Hope newer Sport or 7 will feature any variation of this track and 935 Moby Dick:)

I'd really like to see the newly modelled mp4/4 running on the raining Monte Carlo in GT7, once city tracks are gonna return, cote d'azur might be the first one given its position in motorsport history.

Last edited:
I'd really like to see the newly modelled mp4/4 running on the raining Monte Carlo in GT7, once city tracks are gonna return, cote d'azur might be the first one given its position in motorsport history.
I've been wondering for a long time about when city tracks might return, and whether it's PD's policy to avoid making city tracks, or if they were just having a lot of difficulty getting cities to look right on PS4. It'll soon be 13 years since we had a new city track outside of Tokyo Expressway.
I agree that Côte d'Azur is likely to be the first city track to return, given its history. If not, then Rome.

I've been wondering for a long time about when city tracks might return, and whether it's PD's policy to avoid making city tracks, or if they were just having a lot of difficulty getting cities to look right on PS4. It'll soon be 13 years since we had a new city track outside of Tokyo Expressway.
I agree that Côte d'Azur is likely to be the first city track to return, given its history. If not, then Rome.
And it’s relatively a short track, which might take fewer assets to make compared to those long ones.

And it’s relatively a short track, which might take fewer assets to make compared to those long ones.
It is a short track, but modelling it to current standards involves modelling 200+ buildings in very high quality, and a thousand others in the distance as well as the shrubs, iron fences... possibly more assets than Dragon Trail, Trial Mountain and Tokyo Expwy combined. One benefit of this is that if you're already modelling basically the whole country of Monaco, you can make heaps of alternate routes with the other streets and tunnels, but "open-world Monaco cruise" is a very different suggestion. :D

Back