Couple questions about the PS2 HELP?!

I haven't been able to find my Booklet for my PS2, and I was wondering if some of you can answer these questions for me, hopefully from experience.

:?:-Do Playstation controllers work with the PS2

:?:-Where (if any) can I go online and get a new Case for my PS2? (Not origional black hopefully)

:?:-Is it better for the life of the machine to stand it up, or lay it down.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Originally posted by lord4scrye
I haven't been able to find my Booklet for my PS2, and I was wondering if some of you can answer these questions for me, hopefully from experience.

:?:-Do Playstation controllers work with the PS2

:?:-Where (if any) can I go online and get a new Case for my PS2? (Not origional black hopefully)

:?:-Is it better for the life of the machine to stand it up, or lay it down.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Welcome to GTPlanet lord4scrye. :)

1) Yes Playstation controllers work with the PS2. Only I certain games I think. I own Silent Hill 2 and it won't work without a Dual Shock 2. For the most part though yes.

2) If you would like to buy a PS2 carrying case you can go to www.playstation.com and click on "Threadz" and you will be able to buy one there.

3) Sorry I am not sure about the answer to this question. I would say laying down but that is my opinion. I do know though it would be better for your games to leave your PS2 laying down though. If you have it vertical while inserting or taking out your game it tends to be a whole lot easier to scratch.

I hope this information helps. :)

Sorry, VC, I meant the actually case of the PS2, y'know the outside of the system. I've seen them talked about on these forums, but don't know where to go.

Originally posted by lord4scrye
Sorry, VC, I meant the actually case of the PS2, y'know the outside of the system. I've seen them talked about on these forums, but don't know where to go.

Well lord...I just spent a couple of minutes trying to look but I had no luck. I remember in the conversation somebody said something that there were going to be 5 new colors. Blue,red,silver,white, and yellow. I remember hearing that 666 of each color would be made. Sorry I can not give you anymore info. I don't know when they are being released or anything. Sorry. :(

Laying the PS2 down rather than standing it on its side is definitely better for longetivity.

There have been a number of warranty claims for DVD trays and DVD drives not working when the unit's been stood on its side - don't know if you've noticed, but the drive sounds quite different when you stand it that way.

Old rule for any sort of mechanical thing - if it sounds different to the way it does when it runs fine, then there's probably a problem.

The only color cases I know of are the 'special edition' ones. They aren't cases but a regular PS2 with new colors. Only a small number were made. I think they cost something like $700. I know there was a story about this at http://ps2.ign.com

tgs_thu_29.jpg

I would suggest....if you have a over-heating issue, than run the PS2 vertical as the heat distribution is more effencient, however, if you don't have heat issues, run it horizontal.

I use my old PS Dual-shock controller as the second controller and have no problems using it, other than the controller cord being shorter and having to skoot a little closer to the edge of the couch which causes additional discomfort to my lower back... ;)

I use my old PS Dual-shock controller as the second controller and have no problems using it, other than the controller cord being shorter and having to skoot a little closer to the edge of the couch which causes additional discomfort to my lower back...
I agree with this execpt for the lower back part... :D

Man, if i HAD $700 BUCKS I had nothing else to do with ,I pop for one of those limited edition ones, but I don't, lol. Plus, a few years from now, the PS2 will probably end up being like the SNES, a dinosaur, (where the PS1 and Dreamcast are going now. :embarrassed:)

Originally posted by Tank
The only color cases I know of are the 'special edition' ones. They aren't cases but a regular PS2 with new colors. Only a small number were made. I think they cost something like $700. I know there was a story about this at http://ps2.ign.com

tgs_thu_29.jpg
Those are SO cute! :P

Back