COVID-19/Coronavirus Information and Support Thread (see OP for useful links)

• Thread starter baldgye
  • 13,234 comments
A philosophical take on the current situation...

🤔

Last edited:
Horse dewormer is so last week, all my homies are now drinking iodine:

Also, fun fact, povidone iodine is also used in douches as well...like the feminine hygenie products, not the anti-vaxxers.

It's worth noting that povidone iodine does have medical uses, even when used orally. It's sometimes gargled when you have a sore throat, but it says in big letters that you should not swallow the stuff. It's also used during surgery to clean the incision site (if you've ever had surgery, it's that brown stuff they smear on you).
Maybe we're going about this all wrong. Maybe at this point the vaccine needs to be entirely pulled. The only way to get it is to pay $2000 per dose, and you have to drink betadine and vomit. Then maybe they'd line up to get it.

Edit:

"Hey buddy. Have you heard about black swan spit mixed with dolphine urine? It's crazy. Hey don't tell anyone I told you this. But what they do is they mix it together in this vial. We inject you with it, and your body goes nuts. Dolphine urine is super potent, but when you mix it with swan spit, your body goes on overdrive and it actually can't even hardly be infected by covid. You do it twice. After the second one you might feel a little sick, but that just means it's working. 2 weeks after the second dose you're like a superhero or something, covid can't touch you. If you get infected, you'll barely even notice. Again, I shouldn't be telling you this. It's top secret government stuff they don't want you to know about. It's gonna cost you though, but I've got a supply."

Later that day:

"Mr. President the new vaccine rollout is paying for itself and we're headed for 100% vaccination"

Last edited:
Horse dewormer is so last week, all my homies are now drinking iodine:
I didn't read too much into this tweet when I saw it but now I have context.

It's sometimes gargled when you have a sore throat, but it says in big letters that you should not swallow the stuff.
"Big pharma literally wants you to spit the stuff out so you have to buy more."

And now for some more grim news, 25% of all ICUs in the US are almost at capacity (95% full of more). In August, that number was 20% and in June, it was 10%. In Alabama, ALL ICU beds are currently occupied. Texas has roughly 700 ICU beds free in the entire state. This means that people who need care for things other than COVID are essentially SOL and people are dying because there's no space for them. When people against the COVID vaccine spout their asinine BS that they're not hurting anyone by not getting the vaccine, it's an outright lie...not that anti-COVID people would be anything except massive liars anyway.

Meanwhile, Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage and Alaska's largest hospital is rationing care.

====

In lighter news, Conway Regional Health in Arkansas is making employees sign an attestation if claiming a religious exemption. This includes saying that they do not take things like Benadryl, Sudafed, or Tylenol along with about 30 others. Since this is likely an HR document, if any employee is caught using this after signing the attestation they will probably be fired. Granted, right now they aren't really forcing the issue too much, but reserve the right to do so in the future. I really wish all health systems would do this. If you're truly against something for religious reasons, then be against all of it, don't pick and choose.

I feel a bit bad about it, but I requested being excused from the F2F teaching I was due to do, and have been granted that.

To be fair, the University handled my concerns about COVID very well and hence that is not the reason I wanted to get out of it... it was much more about the fact that my boss seemingly volunteered me for a class that I frankly should not be doing (let alone without asking me first), and hence I'm quite glad that I'm not going to have to do that now.

The Israeli study is out concerning the booster shots. If anyone wants to take a look at it ahead of Friday's FDA meeting, here's the link to it in the New England Journal of Medicine:

While it focuses on people 60+, I think it makes a pretty compelling case for boosters. I really wish they'd looked at younger groups though since I'm guessing that will be one of the hold-ups with the FDA. While I was cautiously optimistic that a third dose would get approved for everyone 12 and up, right now I'm starting to think the FDA will approve it for people 65 and older if they approve it at all. Hopefully, there's some more leeway with that and includes caregivers of people over that age too along with healthcare workers.

Im getting vaccinated in September 23. First dose of the Phizer vaccine.

My family is slowly getting vaccinated. But im worried about my mum she is not anti vaxxer but has friends that are keeping on spreading dumb conspiracy theories and other stupid garbage. She spoke with her doctor and the doctor said go get it dont delay it one bit. But still she has worries i tell her many times dont let people get into your head still. My dad is also starting to become anti vax eventhough he says he is on the fence.

Honestly so much bs misinformation and people love spreading dumb conspiracy theories. This bs misinformation is spreading worldwide and people are eating it up.

Honestly im not gonna force anyone to get the vaccine but if you are not getting it good for you but for the love of God stop spreading lies!!

Social media has made everybody an expert. Do people never question the sources or the videos they watch??

Last edited by a moderator:
TB
Sounds like she needs to get it to prove to them that all their theories are crap.

Best of luck getting her and your dad convinced.
My aunty said nobody will be visting her house unless everybody from the family gets vaccinated lol.

Well honestly I told my mum your vaccine appointment is booked so there is no running away from it also told her to stop believing your friends.

My older brother has been trying to convince my dad. My dad is more with the conspiracy theories believes its all a plot to wage biological warfare. I have been hearing all this mumbo jumbo. He was on the fence as I said before now he comes up with all this conspiracy theory garbage to me I said im taking the vaccine thats final. I said good luck when you are locked out while the rest of the country opens up especially he cant travel to Turkey since Turkey will only allow people to vaccinate to come or the ones who are not vaccinated have to take a test and isolate themselves for a few days. Then again Australia will never allow an unvaccinated person to leave the country as vaccine passports are coming but a alot of anti vaxxers are screaming tyranny or some worldwide conspiracy against "freedom".

People need to grow up not everything is a conspiracy theory.

People are so confident of their natural immunity that in the past before vaccines that small pox ripped into a country led to 100k to 400k deaths a year. Also modern medicine has a come long way especially how bad mortality rates were in previous centuries and how most children would not even make it to adulthood.

TB
Bone cancer surviving anti-vaxxer gets Covid and dies, husband in the ICU with Covid starts a go fund me then also dies.

All over a free shot.

I will NEVER be able to understand.
The sorryanti-vaxxer.Com site linked to in that article is a depressing list of unnecessary deaths.

Utterly tragic.
You can't fix stupid.

You can't just let them kill themselves, either, because they take the innocent with them. That's largely children now, but also included are the fraction of the population for whom vaccination isn't advised and those who I gather aren't likely to confer as much protection from the vaccination they actually received due to other treatments they're undergoing. And sure, children will [hopefully] soon be eligible for vaccination, but some of them are the children of stupid people and won't be permitted to be vaccinated.

Of course, stupid people are frequently also ****ing pussies and they don't curl up into a ball and die like they probably should. Instead, they go to the hospital and contribute to overcrowding which then results in other people being unable to receive treatment for injury and illness unrelated to COVID.

Edit: A part of me wants hospitals to start digging into internet interactions of those admitted for complications due to COVID and send them packing if they've expressed opposition to individual (which is to say not mandated by the government) mitigation measures like vaccination, masking and social distancing.

Last edited:
A part of me wants hospitals to start digging into internet interactions of those admitted for complications due to COVID and send them packing if they've expressed opposition to individual (which is to say not mandated by the government) mitigation measures like vaccination, masking and social distancing.
My wife has been saying this for a year now. Something along the lines of if this isn't real, don't come to the hospital for us to take care of your fake illness.

Edit: A part of me wants hospitals to start digging into internet interactions of those admitted for complications due to COVID and send them packing if they've expressed opposition to individual (which is to say not mandated by the government) mitigation measures like vaccination, masking and social distancing.
Unfortunately, hospitals don't have the bandwidth to do stuff like that. I am almost certain that Internet sleuthing would fall back onto IT and we have more than enough to deal with. It would be easier though to pull their vaccination data from the state database and if they don't have it, then send them packing if/when someone who needs the bed comes into the hospital. I don't know what the "doomsday" plan we have is at the moment, but if I found out that lack of vaccination as part of the algorithm it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Insurance companies though, now there's a business that has resources and looks for any which way to deny things. I'm sure they'd be more than willing to find these people and deny coverage for them.

Insurance companies though, now there's a business that has resources and looks for any which way to deny things. I'm sure they'd be more than willing to find these people and deny coverage for them.
Of course that doesn't free up beds for those deserving of care, but I get the tinglies over the prospect of chicken**** conservatives crying out to force insurance companies to provide coverage.

Edit:

"It's probably a good idea to know what the big important document you are quoting actually says!"

And you just know that Madison "Rootin' Tootin'" Cawthorn would be the first chicken**** conservative to do so. Jesus ****ing Christ, that pathetic mother****er is aggressively stupid.

Last edited:
I was unsure where to post that but going on Newsmax for anything intelligent is one's first mistake.

TB
My wife has been saying this for a year now. Something along the lines of if this isn't real, don't come to the hospital for us to take care of your fake illness.
While I understand the sentiment, unfortunately some of those people are probably going to have kids or others depending on them who are going to suffer for their stupid decisions. Anti-vaxx is all but designed to make sure someone innocent suffers. The only exception might be having the anti-vaxxers just move out to log cabins in the middle of the woods, but they probably have enough trouble staying 6 ft away.

With law enforcement agencies adopting policies regarding the gathering of social media handles as part of taking witness statements, it's really not as farfetched as it sounds.

What exactly is defined as "high-risk"? Immunocompromised?
They haven't said yet. I think we need to wait until the 23rd to see what the CDC says before they'll layout who is or is not included. If I had to take a guess though, it would be the same group of people who were considered "high risk" last time. However, if you don't meet it and feel like you should, you should talk to your doctor and see what they can do.

r/HermanCainAward & r/LeopardsAteMyFace has been setting the ground work for them if they ever actually bother to go down this rabbit hole. Quite a few posts shared detailing what these folks say & share before Covid strikes.

Last edited:
My aunty said nobody will be visting her house unless everybody from the family gets vaccinated lol.

Well honestly I told my mum your vaccine appointment is booked so there is no running away from it also told her to stop believing your friends.

My older brother has been trying to convince my dad. My dad is more with the conspiracy theories believes its all a plot to wage biological warfare. I have been hearing all this mumbo jumbo. He was on the fence as I said before now he comes up with all this conspiracy theory garbage to me I said im taking the vaccine thats final. I said good luck when you are locked out while the rest of the country opens up especially he cant travel to Turkey since Turkey will only allow people to vaccinate to come or the ones who are not vaccinated have to take a test and isolate themselves for a few days. Then again Australia will never allow an unvaccinated person to leave the country as vaccine passports are coming but a alot of anti vaxxers are screaming tyranny or some worldwide conspiracy against "freedom".

People need to grow up not everything is a conspiracy theory.

People are so confident of their natural immunity that in the past before vaccines that small pox ripped into a country led to 100k to 400k deaths a year. Also modern medicine has a come long way especially how bad mortality rates were in previous centuries and how most children would not even make it to adulthood.
The problem is once you believe one conspiracy theory you very quickly go down the rabbit hole that everything is a conspiracy.

On a personal level these anti vaxxers are really starting to piss me off now with their selfish stupidity.
Mrs Shaun has personal carers that come and assist her for a few hours a day during the week while I'm at work. She already has a lowered natural immune system due to the treatment she gets for her condition (MS). She has three regular carers one of which has stated she doesn't intend on getting vaccinated. We know her other two carers are vaccinated.

On Monday we will be calling the the company the carers work for and will be telling them that unless they are vaccinated or intend on getting vaccinated we don't want them so send someone else in their spot.

The problem is once you believe one conspiracy theory you very quickly go down the rabbit hole that everything is a conspiracy.

On a personal level these anti vaxxers are really starting to piss me off now with their selfish stupidity.
Mrs Shaun has personal carers that come and assist her for a few hours a day during the week while I'm at work. She already has a lowered natural immune system due to the treatment she gets for her condition (MS). She has three regular carers one of which has stated she doesn't intend on getting vaccinated. We know her other two carers are vaccinated.

On Monday we will be calling the the company the carers work for and will be telling them that unless they are vaccinated or intend on getting vaccinated we don't want them so send someone else in their spot.
Its really fustrating you also have people calling it a hoax. This virus kills anybody it does not discriminate one bit. I agree its a rabbit hole it just never ends.

There is also the conspiracy theories of how the vaccine is used to put tracking devices.

My God its just stupidity at its finest the phones they use arent they also tracking devices too 😅

There are more unvaccinated people in hospitals than the vaccinated. This should ring alarm bells to everybody.

Last edited:
We've had a tiny peak after the kids went back to school, no noticeable rise after Zandvoort, and we've had a steady decline of the numbers again.

550 in hospital, less than 200 on the IC's. We're averaging 2000 new cases a day, and if I read it correct, more than 99% of current hospitalisations are non vaccinated people.

And the best bit, after agreeing on a proof of vaccination or negative test for any sort of social gathering, the number of vaccination appointments shot up.

We might see 95% vaccination after all.

Back