COVID-19/Coronavirus Information and Support Thread (see OP for useful links)

• Thread starter baldgye
  • 13,234 comments
What would @TexRex say? COVIDiocy is a mental illness or something.
Sure, though I tend to reserve that for situations more directly relevant to COVID like ****-for-brains immediately up-thread who got infected deliberately and went toes up as a result.

I think this is more indicative of some people being absolute ****ing garbage. I don't think COVID made them that way even if it took COVID for it to become more readily apparent.

Staggering to see that some people think that my concerns for the safety of my family, and the possibility of that being affected by corrupt populist politicians trying to save their own jobs, is considered funny by some people...

View attachment 1106971
This doesn't surprise me. We have people in this thread laughing at and mocking the deaths of others.

I dont agree with the beliefs the deceased held before they died, but I wouldn't laugh at the result.

Le sigh. God forbid a health official point out that other health officials not being vaccinated is basically wilfully refusing to do even the most basic part of their job - don't make health problems worse.
"Ah, but if you anagram Raul Pino you get Paul RINO" – Florida Department of Health

Last edited:
Le sigh. God forbid a health official point out that other health officials not being vaccinated is basically wilfully refusing to do even the most basic part of their job - don't make health problems worse.
Something something private companies, something something no freedom.

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (or “DeathSantis” as I like to call him) is going to run for president in 2024. His plan is apparently
1. Kill every dumb 🤬🤬🤬🤬er🤬🤬🤬🤬er in the state
2. Something something tough guy
3. President!
And the sad thing is he will get most of his support from the very people he’s trying to kill with his anti-science policies.

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (or “DeathSantis” as I like to call him) is going to run for president in 2024. His plan is apparently
1. Kill every dumb 🤬🤬🤬🤬er🤬🤬🤬🤬er in the state
2. Something something tough guy
3. President!
And the sad thing is he will get most of his support from the very people he’s trying to kill with his anti-science policies.
The ideal scenario here is Trump runs as well & throws DeSantis under every bus in the depot. The nightmare is DeSantis concedes b/c he's weak and will beg to be the VP. My Gov. may run as well, but he's definitely going to get railroaded if so.

If you're in search of masks, I would like to recommend Filti masks and materials. While not as good as N95, they're still significantly better than a regular cloth mask. What's even better is that you can get material to insert into your own cloth mask which will increase its effectiveness. They're also made in Oklahoma so you're not getting some questionable Chinese-made product that may or may not be effective. With PPE I always like to get something from North America or Europe over China since the safety and quality standards tend to be better.

Unfortunately, I can't wear the blue surgical masks because there's something in them that I'm allergic to so I've been searching for something else to wear. As of right now, I'm using a Filti filter with a PCM 2.5 active charcoal filter since the pollution in Salt Lake right now is firmly in the unhealthy range. I haven't been having any issues with this combo and I feel like it's doing a better job than just wearing a cloth mask.

He should have pressed charges. She committed a crime, and she's still in custody of children.
He should've done but was scared of being targeted by her fellow antivactivists if she went to prison. I wish there were some way he could've got justice though. Bad enough that he was forced out of frontline care by that monster.

I guess as a consultant he still gets to uphold the Hippocratic oath though.

Last edited:
He should've done but was scared of being targeted by her fellow antivactivists if she went to prison. I wish there were some way he could've got justice though. Bad enough that he was forced out of frontline care by that monster. I guess as a consultant he still gets to uphold the Hippocratic oath though.
Yea, I understand that he was scared he would be targeted, but it would have been the right thing to do.

I think more than being scared, he was probably feeling bad for her. She truly believed she knew how to save her husband, and that the doctor had let him die. If you believed your spouse could be saved and someone had let them die, wouldn't you want to hit them? I know I would. But allowing her to get away with that only strengthens her crazy, her use of violence to solve problems, and it sends the wrong message to those kids as well - that you can assault people over your crazy and you'll get away with it. It would be harder for those kids to stand behind their mom when she's serving a short sentence for assault. And future behavior like that might lose her custody of her children.

Getting dragged into court just might have been the thing that broke her hold on the conspiracy.

Booster done this morning. Boy, I tell you, Mr local doctor isn't as good as giving needles as the nurses I had for the previous two. Felt every bit of this shot. Although, I can't feel any soreness currently, so he must have done something right.

Last edited:
TB
If it's like the guys my wife works with, they haven't administered a shot since they were in med school. :lol:
As long as they get it in the shoulder and not miss completely and give you an impromptu piercing.

Ireland has just dropped pretty much all COVID restrictions. Pubs, restaurants, cinemas, theatres or whatever you're having yourself no longer have to shut at 8pm. You won't even need to provide the COVID pass to enter. The only real restrictions are masks being retained indoors/on public transport (until at least the 28th of Feb), needing either a COVID pass or recent negative PCR test to fly out of here, and needing to self-isolate if you test positive.

It just feels surreal. We spent the first 5 months of 2021 in lockdown, and Omicron is still surging across Europe, and now here we are.

If you're in search of masks, I would like to recommend Filti masks and materials. While not as good as N95, they're still significantly better than a regular cloth mask. What's even better is that you can get material to insert into your own cloth mask which will increase its effectiveness. They're also made in Oklahoma so you're not getting some questionable Chinese-made product that may or may not be effective. With PPE I always like to get something from North America or Europe over China since the safety and quality standards tend to be better.

Unfortunately, I can't wear the blue surgical masks because there's something in them that I'm allergic to so I've been searching for something else to wear. As of right now, I'm using a Filti filter with a PCM 2.5 active charcoal filter since the pollution in Salt Lake right now is firmly in the unhealthy range. I haven't been having any issues with this combo and I feel like it's doing a better job than just wearing a cloth mask.
Oklahoma not doing something embarrassing, that does not sound right.

Oklahoma not doing something embarrassing, that does not sound right.
I’ve never heard that many good things about that state. I only know about the Tulsa riots from a century ago, the 1995 OKC bombing, and the musical that starred Hugh Jackman.

Booster done this morning. Boy, I tell you, Mr local doctor isn't as good as giving needles as the nurses I had for the previous two. Felt every bit of this shot. Although, I can't feel any soreness currently, so he must have done something right.
If it was anything like my second booster, when I felt the needle go in, you'll probably get a hell of a bruise in a couple of days.

I’ve never heard that many good things about that state. I only know about the Tulsa riots from a century ago, the 1995 OKC bombing, and the musical that starred Hugh Jackman.

The Flaming Lips

(Help me out here.)

Sadly, I'd not even heard of the Tulsa Massacre until about 7-8 years ago. Amazing how that got swept under the rug of history.

Sadly, I'd not even heard of the Tulsa Massacre until about 7-8 years ago. Amazing how that got swept under the rug of history.
Unfortunately, the same thing applies to the internment of Japanese-Americans during WWII. And what's more, they say the Japanese-Canadian interment was even worse. (Indeed, they ought to make a new movie on the 442nd, which the late senator Daniel Inouye was part of!)

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the same thing applies to the internment of Japanese-Americans during WWII. And what's more, they say the Japanese-Canadian interment was even worse. (Indeed, they ought to make a new movie on the 442nd, which the late senator Daniel Inouye was part of!)
At least the Japanese internment had a bunch of movies made about it. Until the Watchmen TV series I didn't know Black Wall Street was a thing. And they say they shouldn't teach race history in schools...

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back