COVID-19/Coronavirus Information and Support Thread (see OP for useful links)

• Thread starter baldgye
  • 13,234 comments
TB
hrS2PPU.jpg
Not only that, but the 5G reception is bloody amazing now... ;)

Maybe it's time to expel the wilfully unvaccinated from society. Segregation based not on race or belief, but on inaction. If the vaccine is available to you and you've thus far declined, you can ** right the ** off. I don't care what you look like or your life experience or the life experience of past peoples with whom you identify. I understand that many black Americans have a deeply ingrained distrust of government due to what government has done to them as a people, but this isn't about government, it's about public health, and I can no longer muster any sympathy.

You absolutely have a choice. The thing about choice is it isn't without consequences. So just **** off. Bitch, scream, cry...but do it somewhere ****ing else and let me get back to living.
Come to Bulgaria where more than 80% of people are not vaccinated (not due to lack of vaccines) and live their lives without fear.
I got covid-19 in December last year. It was nothing special and not a single moment did I feel my life was in danger.
I have not been vaccinated and I do not intend to do so.

Maybe it's time to expel the wilfully unvaccinated from society. Segregation based not on race or belief, but on inaction. If the vaccine is available to you and you've thus far declined, you can ** right the ** off. I don't care what you look like or your life experience or the life experience of past peoples with whom you identify. I understand that many black Americans have a deeply ingrained distrust of government due to what government has done to them as a people, but this isn't about government, it's about public health, and I can no longer muster any sympathy.

You absolutely have a choice. The thing about choice is it isn't without consequences. So just **** off. Bitch, scream, cry...but do it somewhere ****ing else and let me get back to living.
What is your data / reasoning to match your emotional outburst? Who is not letting you live normally? Who makes these rules? Do these people have a financial or political incentive to make certain rules / protocols? Does enough data prove the effectiveness of these measures as far as health or economy?

I want life to go back to how it was too brother, but many of us believe that complying with a tyranny that many scientists say isnt based on any method of inquirey but rather an ideology is a sure way to ensure things do not go back to normal, ever. All the censorship & biased data from MSM / big tech certainly puts a lot of people off the narrative, instead of giving people with opposing views a platform to actually debate the sibject matter, like how science is supposed to be.

Im on the seemingly opposing side to you it seems like, but does that mean we're enemies? I don't think so personally. Maybe we're just two people who believe we're doing whats right and want a better world- sooner rather than later. Based on what ive researched the last thing we want to do is fight each other and put our attention to if theres another enemy here. I understand that you're emotional my friend, this whole thing has been a rollercoaster, but try to keep a clear mind and research what 'the other side' claims. Theres lots of reasons to believe big pharma are morally corrupt entities who only care about profit, and that MSM lie and deflect. Try to keep a clear mind and research opposing ideas and share data, rather than spreading hatedread. All the best.

-Steven

Last edited:
What is your data / reasoning to match your emotional outburst? Who is not letting you live normally? Who makes these rules? Do these people have a financial or political incentive do make certain rules / protocols? Does enough data prove the effectiveness of these measures as far as health or economy?

I want life to go back to how it was too brother, but many of us believe that complying with a tyranny that many scientists say isnt based on any method of inquirey but rather an ideology is a sure way to ensure things do not go back to normal, ever. All the censorship & biased data from MSM / big tech certainly puts a lot of people off the narrative, instead of giving people with opposing views a platform to actually debate the sibject matter, like how science is supposed to be.

Im on the seemingly opposing side to you it seems like, but does that mean we're enemies? I don't think so personally. Maybe we're just two people who believe we're doing whats right and want a better world- sooner rather than later. Based on what ive researched the last thing we want to do is fight each other and put our attention to if theres another enemy here. I understand that you're emotional my friend, this whole this thing has been a rollercoaster, but try to keep a clear mind and research what 'the other side' claims. Theres lots of reasons to believe big pharma are morally corrupt entities who only care about profit, and that MSM lie and deflect. Try to keep a clear mind and research opposing ideas and share data, rather than spreading hatedread. All the best.

-Steven
Not sure if you have been paying attention, but a lot of us in this thread have been vaccinated and guess what, we're still here. :) There's no agenda with the vaccines, nobody is out to make money (the shots are/should be FREE by the way) and IMO getting poked a couple times so I can go on with my life without having to wear a mask (honestly the only place I wear it is work because I'd like to keep my job) is worth it to me. Anyone saying they have done "research" by scouring the internet should never be taken seriously.

Not sure if you have been paying attention, but a lot of us in this thread have been vaccinated and guess what, we're still here. :) There's no agenda with the vaccines, nobody is out to make money (the shots are/should be FREE by the way) and IMO getting poked a couple times so I can go on with my life without having to wear a mask (honestly the only place I wear it is work because I'd like to keep my job) is worth it to me. Anyone saying they have done "research" by scouring the internet should never be taken seriously.
Pfizer share prices have pretty much doubled since 2019, there's no such thing as a free meal brother ;). Im glad you and the majority of people who had their shots are still here bro, like most of my loved ones, i never claimed otherwise mate :)

Who is not letting you live normally?

The people perpetuating the lifespan of the virus.
Do these people have a financial or political incentive to make certain rules / protocols?
When the virus first spread, the economy crashed and it's still suffering the after effects. There really isn't anyone who could profit from what happened over the past couple of years. This include Pfizer, their stock dropped to at least a 5 year low in 2020.
I want life to go back to how it was too brother, but many of us believe that complying with a tyranny that many scientists say isnt based on any method of inquirey but rather an ideology is a sure way to ensure things do not go back to normal, ever.
What tyranny? Scientists don't make the rules. They just share the facts, and what they've been saying isn't even anything new. It's consistent with medical science going back decades.

When the virus first spread, the economy crashed and it's still suffering the after effects. There really isn't anyone who could profit from what happened over the past couple of years. This include Pfizer, their stock dropped to at least a 5 year low in 2020.
pfecompare.jpg

I can't confirm the 5 year low, I'm afraid, but it fell understandably hard and fast in March of 2020 and its price today is just 14 cents higher than it was in November of 2018. It's currently down about $5/share from a recent high, but there's no doublage in the last 5 years, much less since 2019.

The only motives I'm seriously questioning right now are those of a rando internetter spouting conspiracy and cliché while demonstrating a shocking-well-not-really-that-shocking inability to math.

Covidiocy is mental illness.

Last edited:
New York judge David Hurd is continuing to block the state's vaccine mandate on the grounds that it violates the first amendment rights of seventeen healthcare workers who object on religious grounds. :nervous:

Last edited:
Imagine working in healthcare and objecting against it. You are in the wrong profession.
I'm doing my best to play devil's advocate and hope that they all want to take the vaccine but want patients with a religious objection to be able to skip it. But details are scarce. The hospital wants to can their asses and I don't blame it.

instead of giving people with opposing views a platform to actually debate the sibject matter, like how science is supposed to be.
That's not how science is supposed to be at all, you need hard data that's is tested and independently peer reviewed.

You don't get a voice simply because you make a claim without being able to support it.

FDA vaccine advisory committee

4:12:37 - Have a look what this Dr has to say based on the data

He's not a doctor, has no medical training and is outright lying about the data. Oh and he wasn't speaking as a panel member of the FDA, but rather as part of the public comments section.

If the quality of your 'research' doesn't extend to knowing who you are quoting and in what context then it's worthless.

Last edited:
Does the profit argument have any merit? Companies made vaccines in response to COVID, and yes they will make money from the sale of the vaccines. Share prices will only affect Pfizer if they issue new stock, and the executive compensation most likely.

Then I think we have to go to the argument about whether the vaccine is safe. So far it's been proven to be safe, and the rewards outweigh the risks. People have different risk aversion levels, and those seem to have shifted as various vaccine narratives have floated around such as "muh freedom". So we have stuff floating from both sides.

Does the profit argument have any merit?
Not really, or at least not in the context it's being presented by some people. Profits were absolutely the driving force behind getting the vaccine produced so quickly though. Companies knew that if they could deliver an effective, safe vaccine in a short amount of time they'd make bank. When a contender started to emerge, investors started to jump on to it and funneled more money into the company.

Personally, I made enough on Moderna to make my IRA account look minty fresh. I know I can't touch the money, but I want to retire at some point and this certainly helped make up for all those years of having crappy jobs.

Back