COVID-19/Coronavirus Information and Support Thread (see OP for useful links)

• Thread starter baldgye
  • 13,234 comments
Corona check app isn't as secure as they thought it was.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Pfizer and BioNTech’s clinical trial followed more than 4,500 children under 12 years of age, about 3,000 of which received the vaccine. A subset of those tested were part of a “safety expansion” group requested by the FDA in order to better gauge the possibility of adverse effects.

Of the children in the trial, 2,268 were monitored for at least two and up to three months after taking the second dose of the vaccine; an additional 2,379 children were monitored as part of the “safety expansion” group for a few weeks after the second dose. The most common adverse events after taking the vaccine were fatigue, headaches, and muscle pain. Of the severe adverse events reported by those in the study participants, none were directly linked to the vaccine: Three children broke bones, one developed infective arthritis, and one swallowed a penny.
There really needs to be more research on the penny-swallowing risk associated with the Pfizer vaccine.

So in Belgium they are enforcing a covid safe ticket (which means you either been vaccinated or been tested in the last two days).
This is needed when entering gyms, (mass) events, nightclubs, bars and restaurants.

Guess what. there is a sudden spike in newly vaccinated people.

So when health is at risk you don't get vaccinated, but when you have to show your CST, you do get vaccinated.
Covidiocy at it's best.

p78
So in Belgium they are enforcing a covid safe ticket (which means you either been vaccinated or been tested in the last two days).
This is needed when entering gyms, (mass) events, nightclubs, bars and restaurants.

So when health is at risk you don't get vaccinated, but when you have to show your CST, you do get vaccinated.
Covidiocy at it's best.
Belgians are good at following directions. If the US attempted that, maybe 4 states would see a spike in new vaccinations while the other 46 will see mass protests of people stating their freedoms are being trampled.

p78

Covidiocy at it's best.
Canada has a similar system in place, and as far as I can tell it is encouraging a few people to get vaccinated, but not as many as the no jab, no work policies.
However, in his infinite stupidity, our provincial leader in Ontario has announced the date that vaccine requirements for bars etc will end. Therefore all of the anti-vaxxers have an end date to look forward to for the 'win'. This date he announced - a week before his wife's birthday. She has refused to give her vax status, and their daughter is VERY outspoken against vaccines and any COVID control measures. Ironically enough given her dad's job, complaining about not wanting the government to own the people is one of her talking points.

TB
View attachment 1090539

I am TB's complete lack of surprise.
Better than being Jack's TB-infected lungs.

Double vaccinations is no longer a concern for me as I just got my flu shot. I'm technically ineligible for a Moderna booster right now, so I'll get it when it's recommended for those healthy and under 65. Slightly nauseated after flu shot; not really a concern (knock on wood) and yet still worse than either Moderna dose.

I'm technically ineligible for a Moderna booster right now, so I'll get it when it's recommended for those healthy and under 65.
I'm under 65 and healthy, too, but working on campus, I'm going with this bullet point:
  • 18 through 64 years of age at high risk of disease due to frequent institutional or occupational exposure to COVID-19 (such as teachers or healthcare workers)

TB
I'm under 65 and healthy, too, but working on campus, I'm going with this bullet point:
  • 18 through 64 years of age at high risk of disease due to frequent institutional or occupational exposure to COVID-19 (such as teachers or healthcare workers)
Yeah, that's not a major concern for me. I'm still partially WFH, and while I mostly go into the office now, I actually have an office and work meetings are socially distanced. Masks aren't required but I'm masked anyway.

Better than being Jack's TB-infected lungs.

Double vaccinations is no longer a concern for me as I just got my flu shot. I'm technically ineligible for a Moderna booster right now, so I'll get it when it's recommended for those healthy and under 65. Slightly nauseated after flu shot; not really a concern (knock on wood) and yet still worse than either Moderna dose.
I went ahead and got my flu shot last week because I'm also under 65 and healthy. But if Pfizer suddenly says if you are healthy and your original vaccination was at least 6 months ago and you can now get the booster, that would be December for me. My regularly scheduled doctor's appointment is also in December when I was going to get the flu shot anyway. I haven't heard of any complications of getting them close together but thought I would go ahead and get the flu shot out of the way.

I will say this though, this time that flu shot hurt much worse than either Covid vaccination going in. But I've had zero arm soreness since then and it's been a week ago today when I got it.

Last edited:
I went ahead and got my flu shot last week because I'm also under 65 and healthy. But if Pfizer suddenly says if you are healthy and your original vaccination was at least 6 months ago and you can now get the booster, that would be December for me. My regularly scheduled doctor's appointment is also in December when I was going to get the flu shot anyway. I haven't heard of any complications of getting them close together but thought I would go ahead and get the flu shot out of the way.

I will say this though, this time that flu shot hurt much worse than either Covid vaccination going in. But I've had zero arm soreness since then and it's been a week ago today when I got it.
Yeah, I mean if eligibility opens up for me, whether it's for Moderna or Pfizer, I'm getting it.

Yeah, I mean if eligibility opens up for me, whether it's for Moderna or Pfizer, I'm getting it.

Some places, like target, aren't really asking detailed questions. Technically, I believe if you buy a pack of cigarettes on your way to get your booster you're eligible, depending on what the provider makes you certify. Basically, if you want it, you can get it now. Bonus points for the fact that there is no waiting line in the US, so you don't have to feel like you're delaying your neighbor (though in a very round-about way you might be using up supply that would otherwise go to another country).

My understanding is that the Moderna booster is smaller than the Moderna 1st and 2nd doses. My understanding is also that the Moderna booster is optimal following Pfizer for dose 1 and 2, but that's just based on the statements of a single nurse.

Last edited:
Some places, like target, aren't really asking detailed questions. Technically, I believe if you buy a pack of cigarettes on your way to get your booster you're eligible, depending on what the provider makes you certify. Basically, if you want it, you can get it now. Bonus points for the fact that there is no waiting line in the US, so you don't have to feel like you're delaying your neighbor (though in a very round-about way you might be using up supply that would otherwise go to another country).
I'll definitely look into that. I'm a fair bit past six months since my second dose.
My understanding is that the Moderna booster is smaller than the Moderna 1st and 2nd doses. My understanding is also that the Moderna booster is optimal following Pfizer for dose 1 and 2.
Interesting. I'm given to understand those who got Moderna are likely to have conferred more protection than any of the others, especially J&J. I don't know if I'm going to be picky. I'm admittedly a little more concerned about reactions from Pfizer because I didn't get it previously, but no more concerned than I was for my first round of Moderna.

My understanding is also that the Moderna booster is optimal following Pfizer for dose 1 and 2, but that's just based on the statements of a single nurse.
I hope that's accurate because it's exactly the scenario I'm in - Pfizer for the first 2, Mederna for the next one.

I'm not sure which flavor my wife got a few weeks ago.

Oddly enough, Moderna is the only one available at the drug store I got the first 2 through unless I wanted to go to a different city an hour away for the Pfizer. Not so much.

I'll definitely look into that. I'm a fair bit past six months since my second dose.
I'll be right at 7 months when I get mine.
I'm admittedly a little more concerned about reactions from Pfizer because I didn't get it previously, but no more concerned than I was for my first round of Moderna.
Neither my kids nor I had no adverse reaction to the Pfizer shots. My wife got laid out by the first one but was fine for the second and third.

TB
Neither my kids nor I had no adverse reaction to the Pfizer shots. My wife got laid out by the first one but was fine for the second and third.
I'm really only concerned about something to do with the formulation that differs from the Moderna. It's probably irrational. It's certainly not enough for me to avoid it, though I'd definitely prefer the one that offers the best protection.

The immune response isn't a concern for me and I'd be fine having to spend a day in bed if it comes to that. Of course I'd prefer it if it's no worse than what I've experienced (arm soreness and headache).

They won't.

Insurers should deny claims post-hospitalization and those for treatment and care down the road. It doesn't really address the hospital capacity issue now, but when these ****ers start seeing how much others are hurting financially, they may decide they don't want those bills.

Last edited:
******* oath mate.

I'm happy to see NSW could be reconsidering it's 1st December any thing goes for the unvaccinated rule that Gladbags brought in too. It made it far to easy for them to just wait it out. Victoria's we're-not-going-to-tell-you-when-you're-allowed-out strategy is better in my opinion.

They won't.

Insurers should deny claims post-hospitalization and those for treatment and care down the road. It doesn't really address the hospital capacity issue now, but when these ****ers start seeing how much others are hurting financially, they may decide they don't want those bills.
You're right, they won't but it has no ramifications for them here with our health care system. The people who loose out are the vaccinated people having to wait for elective surgery because our hospitals are filling up with covidiots. The only way to harm them monetarily is to stop them from working.

Last edited:
You're right, they won't but it has no ramifications for them here with our health care system. The people who loose out are the vaccinated people having to wait for elective surgery because our hospitals are filling up with covidiots. The only way to harm them monetarily is to stop them from working.
Ah, yeah, I wasn't aware this was specific to Australia in part or in whole. I was approaching it more generally. And I'm not going to pretend I know anything about your healthcare system.

Ah, yeah, I wasn't aware this was specific to Australia in part or in whole. I was approaching it more generally. And I'm not going to pretend I know anything about your healthcare system.
Our healthcare system is pretty much free, although you can also have private healthcare as well for what is supposed to be preferential/better treatment. Unfortunately the public health system in NSW (and possibly Victoria) is being overrun so the patients from public health are being put into the private system, leaving the paying private health patients having to wait for surgery (hip replacements etc) and no better off than public patients.

It's starting to be a bit of a cluster **** here and with my state (Sth Aust) already struggling for beds without Covid I have no idea how we'll go when it does eventually get in.

This is actually the best I've seen it in a long time.

So I came in to an email at work this morning, which I find is totally a bribe to get more employees vaccinated and kind of funny. They're running a contest with prizes to increase the vaccination levels, including 5 grand prize winners of $75,000 each if we meet a 5% rate increase, or 850 people. If we manage to get 20% or 3,400 people, the grand prizes increase to $100,000.
Update: We've reached the minimum number for the prize giveaway to move forward. Fingers crossed I end up a $75k winner...

Back