CRAP Club Assetto Corsa Time Trials!! - New TTs, Sometime In The Future!!

Hey babe, take a walk on the wild side
1:58.750
FB_IMG_1534312621778.jpg

A couple of new times.........Myself on 1:58:667...

39188360_10217328632349065_1222448138841751552_n.jpg

And @SpaceBreed on a 1:58:929!!

39157751_10209757437531064_5782574754212872192_n.jpg

Walk on the wild side indeed Mr soks....And close times so far, 3 tenths between the top 3! :)

Hi @Outspacer welcome and nice time! Feel free to have another go! The TT finishes Sunday night your time! ;)

Thanks! I know I've a few tenths to gain just in the first couple of corners as I've been up on my ghost... and then binned it :lol:

I have AC on PC as well, with VR, but since (most of?) you seem to be on PS4 I'll stick with that. This isn't the best combo for checking whether PC and PS4 get the same times because I simply can't lap it consistently!

Thanks! I know I've a few tenths to gain just in the first couple of corners as I've been up on my ghost... and then binned it :lol:

I have AC on PC as well, with VR, but since (most of?) you seem to be on PS4 I'll stick with that. This isn't the best combo for checking whether PC and PS4 get the same times because I simply can't lap it consistently!

Hopefully the next AC TT will be more of an indication. If you have PCARS 2, there's a CRAP TT for that too. It starts Monday, after this TT ends. ;) Here's the link:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...trials-new-tt-from-the-20th-of-august.377369/

It would have been nice to have somebody else duking it out on PC, or Xbox for that matter. But I will just be the lone hold out, cause I don't have a PS4 and the X1 isn't in the same room as my wheel. Still, welcome to the festivities. Just stay ahead of me, and you should be fine.

LOL

I don't know If this will help anyone, but here is my procedure if I'm having trouble with a particular car/track
I do 2 or 3 laps slowly, now when I say slowly, I mean slooow....lele. Put the car in 2rd gear and cruise round. This gives me a feel for how the car likes to go through each sequence of corners.
Then bit by bit pick up the pace.

I'm currently standing on "Laptime Invalidated"

With luck, and as long as Ferrari can keep up with production of replacement cars, I might get clean lap in by Sunday evening ;)

You can do it. Just brake in a straight line, and take it slow and steady. This reminds me of the first time I ran the Lotus 49. I had to crawl around the course and slowly build my confidence with it. All I heard about the car was, how dreamy it was to run it but from my perspective, it was a vague floaty nightmare. I have the same feelings about this Ferrari, so I applied the basics. It helped me keep the car on the black, and after a few laps, I was Apex hunting. I'll be putting in a revision soon. Heck I may find the rhythm with this one and get into the 1:59's... But that is definitely going to be using the fundamentals. Remember slow in, fast out, and brake in a straight line.

:edit: Oh, and my 2:04 is a "grip" time. I'm working on my "racing on bias-ply tires" chops.

Last edited:
I don't know If this will help anyone, but here is my procedure if I'm having trouble with a particular car/track
I do 2 or 3 laps slowly, now when I say slowly, I mean slooow....lele. Put the car in 2rd gear and cruise round. This gives me a feel for how the car likes to go through each sequence of corners.
Then bit by bit pick up the pace.

A lot of the turns for me are 2's and 3's, meaning second and third gear. My trouble is throwing the anchor out with enough track to slow the car. A lot of the times, I'm in the sand because I am just too hot when I reach the turn in point. So establishing reliable references is crutial. At least for me.

It would have been nice to have somebody else duking it out on PC, or Xbox for that matter. But I will just be the lone hold out, cause I don't have a PS4 and the X1 isn't in the same room as my wheel. Still, welcome to the festivities. Just stay ahead of me, and you should be fine.

LOL

Well maybe I'll give it a go tonight, it will be like a whole different track in VR! I honestly don't know if PC/VR is an advantage or not when hotlapping, so I'm curious to find out. The disadvantage is that crashing is much more disturbing!!

---

My time is starting to plateau on PS4 now, might be a few tenths down from my best theoretical lap:

1:58.194

Assetto Corsa_2.jpg

Well maybe I'll give it a go tonight, it will be like a whole different track in VR! I honestly don't know if PC/VR is an advantage or not when hotlapping, so I'm curious to find out. The disadvantage is that crashing is much more disturbing!!

---

My time is starting to plateau on PS4 now, might be a few tenths down from my best theoretical lap:

1:58.194

View attachment 759887

Well done mate, and yes nice and steady in the old girl, i don't go below 3st gear the whole lap, apart from one of the chicanes, and you can't use engine braking on this car, it just locks the rear axle, and makes the rear come around. Nice and steady.

You can do it. Just brake in a straight line, and take it slow and steady. This reminds me of the first time I ran the Lotus 49. I had to crawl around the course and slowly build my confidence with it. All I heard about the car was, how dreamy it was to run it but from my perspective, it was a vague floaty nightmare. I have the same feelings about this Ferrari, so I applied the basics. It helped me keep the car on the black, and after a few laps, I was Apex hunting. I'll be putting in a revision soon. Heck I may find the rhythm with this one and get into the 1:59's... But that is definitely going to be using the fundamentals. Remember slow in, fast out, and brake in a straight line.

:edit: Oh, and my 2:04 is a "grip" time. I'm working on my "racing on bias-ply tires" chops.

I know I can, I just need to put in a good couple of hours this weekend, and finally learn the track properly. I've already had the car around The Hatch to get used to it. Trying to do a twitchy new car around a track I'm not really familiar with is recipe for disaster for me ;)

Well done mate, and yes nice and steady in the old girl, i don't go below 3st gear the whole lap, apart from one of the chicanes, and you can't use engine braking on this car, it just locks the rear axle, and makes the rear come around. Nice and steady.

If I could just put the theory into practice, I'd be fast :) I'm doing 2nd for the first couple of corners then staying in 3rd for the rest, briefly 4th before the final corner. 2nd might be faster out of Palagio, but usually ends in tears for me. I might try going into 4th more often - maybe it will help to avoid inadvertent engine braking and stay stable. On the positive side, the car is actually very nimble and stable when changing direction through the chicanes as long as the throttle is steady.

If I could just put the theory into practice, I'd be fast :) I'm doing 2nd for the first couple of corners then staying in 3rd for the rest, briefly 4th before the final corner. 2nd might be faster out of Palagio, but usually ends in tears for me. I might try going into 4th more often - maybe it will help to avoid inadvertent engine braking and stay stable. On the positive side, the car is actually very nimble and stable when changing direction through the chicanes as long as the throttle is steady.

The last, long lefter, i kept it in 3rd, it helps keep the car stable, and you can gas her nice and early....I found a second there to get into the 56s...

The last, long lefter, i kept it in 3rd, it helps keep the car stable, and you can gas her nice and early....I found a second there to get into the 56s...

Yep, I'm in 3rd for that and powering out through a late apex. As a reference I usually have to go up to 4th just before the painted area at the end of pit entry. So far I think that improving my braking has given me the biggest gains, but it's still all too easy to lock up!

Secerets... nice and juicy secrets. [Insert evil laughter].

I'm in 2nd for that one, and 2nd for the first turn. I'm going to give lugging it a try. After I get settled in. I'm going to try and run a full 30 minute session tonight.

Last edited:
I'd say there's something different about playing on the PC with VR, but it's hard to say exactly what. The physics seem the same, but control over the car feels more direct and it's easier to catch a 'moment' before it gets out of hand. Obviously there's an FPS difference and maybe less lag on the Rift compared to my TV (although it's a 3 or 4 year old Sony 42" picked for having about the lowest lag at the time), but I think it's more about the feel (response time) of the FFB. Either that or there's a difference in the default setup, just about to check that...

edit: camber is -1 / -0.4 on PC, compared to -1.1 / -0.5 on PS4. Darn!

1:56.659 (PC)

crap312mug_pcvr.jpg

Last edited:
1:55.778 (PC, with same camber setup as PS4)

crap312mug_pcvr2.jpg

edit: I don't think the camber difference affects lap times much at all, but the PC default might be a bit easier to drive consistently. It's hard to judge when I'm getting more comfortable with the car anyway and getting more tired as it got late. I'll have to do another run on PS4 later - sure I can improve, not sure how much :)

Last edited:
Wow great times fellas.....@Outspacer your 1:55 time on PC, you adjusted the setup to be the same as on PS4 right? As you see above only stock setup times count, so your 1:56.659 is your best so far, but that 1:55 is some time anyway, really well done. Keep trying,

i'm going to get on tonight or tomorrow to try and improve, push it to the max!

Last edited:
@Outspacer your 1:55 time on PC, you adjusted the setup to be the same as on PS4 right? As you see above only stock setup times count, so your 1:56.659 is your best so far, but that 1:55 is some time anyway, really well done. Keep trying,

Yeah, I set the camber so it was the same as the PS4 stock setup out of curiosity... bit of a problem to know what to do when they aren't the same! In this case, I don't think it made the difference in time - reckon I should get into 1:55 with the PC stock setup as well.

Actually, I'm worried the PC is giving me an advantage, so my PS4 time should be the official one... going to try to improve that next :)

BTW, is auto-blip allowed? And if so, do you guys use it?

Back