CRAP Club Assetto Corsa Time Trials!! - New TTs, Sometime In The Future!!

Man, I'm struggling on PS4!

1:57.447

Assetto Corsa_3.jpg

Here's the results of a very close AC TT in the Ferrari 312/68 at Mugello:

@HammyMansell 1:56.492

@Outspacer 1:56.659

@nosoks 1:56.767

@SpaceBreed 1:58:929

@Dopplegagger 2:04.447

Well done to all of you that had a go, that was a close finish! The next AC TT will start from next Sunday, the combo will be as suggested, in the BMW M4 Akrapovic at Magione. Now onto the next PCARS 2 TT! ;)

The new Assetto TT is:

The BMW M4 Akrapovic At Magione!!

15393328852_a1432554b7_b.jpg

Magione94.4c388efc934e9b1089d7dd77dc5bbc78.png

Conditions:

Time: 14:00h
Weather: Clear
Temp: 20C
Track Condition: Optimum

To be done in "Hot Lap" mode using the above conditions, with stock setup, factory settings and 0% Stability Control, although you can adjust tyre compound, fuel and brake pressure. Post an in game screenshot of your time for it to count. This TT will end next Thursday night, the 30th of August, good luck! ;)

First to strike...

(See Edit 3 for 1:29.480 screen shots)

1:31.988

44243582302_5f5ba14716_o.png

More than 2 laps this time.
43385685575_9cf08d951f_o.png

Too much car for this track!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Edit:2

Guess what guy completely forgot the BMW was paddle shifted?
This guy!

Taking that into account I re-ran the course and felt more in control of the car .

So correction, make that a 1:30.111
44244005582_115c2b9759_o.png

44244005402_f54ddf9925_o.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Edit: 3

Since nobody else posted, and I know it drives the Mods wild condensing my posts. I figure I will just edit my updates until someone else posts. The only problem is, no one sees if I made a change so I'll make an amendment to the top of my posts.

I managed to improve my time to something I hope won't be trounced by 5+ seconds...

I'm now sitting at 1:29.480.
42501646920_5c7d012857_o.png

43403369565_f31e8a8e7b_o.png

I can still get faster than this, but I wonder if I will have enough free time to make those improvements?

I still say this car is a poor match for Magione. Sure it can out hustle something like the Caterham Super 7 1400 RDH (a Mod car). But while beating it, this BMW feels like I am driving a bus. Especially compared to something smaller, lighter, quicker, better sprung and far more nimble, like Lotus 3Elleven; which had an out lap that made this Bimmer look like it was something built by a US manufacturer during the Malaise era.

One thing though. This helped me with Magione. I use to dread this course, but now it's not so bad. In some areas, it's like driving Tsukuba... Well Tsukuba's hot tempered Italian counterpart. LOL

Last edited:
I still say this car is a poor match for Magione. Sure it can out hustle something like the Caterham Super 7 1400 RDH (a Mod car). But while beating it, this BMW feels like I am driving a bus. Especially compared to something smaller, lighter, quicker, better sprung and far more nimble, like Lotus 3Elleven; which had an out lap that made this Bimmer look like it was something built by a US manufacturer during the Malaise era.

It does feel heavy, for sure. It's quite a different challenge... those poor abused tyres! I suspect it would feel better with somewhat lower tyre pressures (-3 or -4 psi) - it seems to help to do a few calm laps to have them cool for a fast run.

1:24.604 - after many attempts of trying to keep it tidy!

crap20180830-1.jpg

Yeah, the car isn't light, but it does a good job. I ran a Mustang GT just to see how the M4 compared. It felt much better than the Ford. So it's probably not the worst car that could have been picked.

That aside, I remember saying something about 5+ seconds, didn't I? That didn't take long at all...

:lol:

Yeah, the car isn't light, but it does a good job. I ran a Mustang GT just to see how the M4 compared. It felt much better than the Ford. So it's probably not the worst car that could have been picked.

That aside, I remember saying something about 5+ seconds, didn't I? That didn't take long at all...

Go again @Dopplegagger mate, you can improve!! I hope to try tomorrow!

No denying it's a quick car, but it's hard to get the power down without TC... but with TC it's just understeery horridness :yuck: First two corners late braking, late apex to get power on again. The last trio are all about setting up the exit onto the s/f straight without losing too much time - tricky, certainly my weakest area on this track. Keep at it, I think you'll find some chunks of time :)

I've tried late breaking on #1 and that usually had me over correcting on the turn exit. So I try to use as much track as I can... That allows me to be smooth, but I always think I can go a little faster. The turn has such a long tight radius, the smallest bit of too much throttle swings the back end out. But a hairpin turn is usually best negotiated with a late apex. I'll work on it.

The switch backs at the end are tricky, but once I got a good time through them, I found it easy to repeat. So they've started to be more fun than frustrating.

Ya man factory settings all round
You can dump fuel and turn off tyre wear and fuel use. And no ASM

What about not having TCS and ABS on? I don't use either. IIRC Factory turns ABS on and that would possibly lower my time.

I have always have tire wear, and fuel use on. I try to keep my runs as realistic as possible on AC.

Last edited:
Yes @nosoks as "factory settings" suggests, how the car came out of the factory, we take that as the default setup of the car. Some cars have 3 TC settings, whereas others, like the GT3 cars have up to 12 different positions. So if this Beemer is on TC setting "2" for example on its factory setting, (I don't know as I still haven't had time to try this TT :( ) then TC "2" is what we use and stick with.

And yes fuel, tyre compound and brake pressure can all be adjusted, and fuel use and tyre wear can be turned off too.

Fuel and tire use sounds optional, I don't have a problem having it on as a punishment for bad driving. I'll switch brakes and traction to factory. Lets see if it makes a difference?

Latest Posts

Back