CRAP Club Assetto Corsa Time Trials!! - New TTs, Sometime In The Future!!

A time from @SpaceBreed

47509193_10210324889237002_8472715777621884928_n.jpg

7:01.193! Nice one!

Hmm. Softs or mediums? Mediums or softs? Ha! What a dilemma! Softs get pretty hot at the rear, but do cool down nicely on the straights. Mediums stay cool on the fronts until stressed, but are easier to handle. After a session of more than 250km (achievement unlocked!) my best time is on mediums, but not by much (and it was later in the session so improving anyway). Think I'll have another try on softs before posting a time :)

I went straight to the Soft tires, but I still seem to be spinning out from time to time. I'll give the medium tires a try after work. Maybe they will provide more stability. If not, then I put the softer tires back on.

Yes fellas regarding the tyres, I put the ambient temp up to 27C to keep the rubber warmish on those long straights, and yes the softs always overheat at Nords.....I'd imagine the medium would be best, as they have been on other cars there in the past.

Tried getting a clean lap but gave up after 20 minutes of spinning :lol: did a 7:19 lap with a big spin last corner before the straight, so a 6:45 lap is definitely possible if I got time for one more lap, and much more time to find if I find more time to try, but not sure if I can.

Tried getting a clean lap but gave up after 20 minutes of spinning :lol: did a 7:19 lap with a big spin last corner before the straight, so a 6:45 lap is definitely possible if I got time for one more lap, and much more time to find if I find more time to try, but not sure if I can.

Go get 'em knukks!! ;)

This isn't going to be my last. I just entering a time incase I get a little too busy.

7:12.772

45279917985_4a114c8332_o.png

45279917845_fd9c858b66_o.png

This was on medium tires. Way more predictable than the softs. Also this lap wasn't haunted. No ghosts to chase, so I am kind of proud of this out lap. I planted the Ferrari into a wall on the second lap, but I was up by 6 seconds before I got crossed up.

I seem to have got stuck at about this pace - did two laps of 6:47.2xx after this one! Anything more exuberant ends up in the wall :banghead: I was hoping to crack under 6:45 but I guess it's not to be. Top time on RSR is 6:30.xxx, but that was soft tires in cool air, and probably with a tune. Same for most of the times under 6:40 in fact.

6:46.483

crap20181207-3.jpg

Here are the results of the TT in the Ferrari GT3 at Nordschleife!!

@HammyMansell 6:39.923

@Outspacer 6:46.483

@Georgeagea 6:50.622

@nosoks 6:53.331

@knukken 6:53.632

@SpaceBreed 7:01.193

@Dopplegagger 7:12.772

Very well done to you for having a go, and look how close it was between the two CRAP vets soks and knukks!!! The next Assetto TT commences next Saturday, the 15th of December, see you then! ;)

The new, and final Assetto Corsa CRAP TT of 2018 is:

The Ferrari 250 GTO At Silverstone Historic 1967!! :D

1962_Ferrari_250_GTO_34_2.jpg

bgr00.jpg

Conditions:

Time: 10:00h
Weather: Clear
Temp: 22C
Track Condition: Optimum

To be done in "Hot Lap" mode using the above conditions, with stock setup, factory settings and 0% Stability Control, although you can adjust tyre compound, fuel and brake pressure. Post an in game screenshot of your time for it to count. This TT will end next Friday night, the 21st of December, good luck! ;)

Is it just me... my Wheel setup... or this car is almost impossible to drive (just almost...) at higher speeds... specially in some points of the track like... curves... and when the revs achieve an higher "tone" from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd??

On the PC version it seems even more difficult... :(

I would like to know if on PS4 version, when you setup your wheel ... the only wheel listed is the G29?? I´ve tried even deleting my previous setup files... (like resetting the game), and creating a new Wheel setup configuration, but if I don´t check the checkbox for G29, the wheel will not be used by the game.. :(

My wheel is a Fanatec CSL Elite PS4... and strange as it is, if I turn it to Compatibility (purple) mode, (emulating a G29 wheel), it will not be used by the game... (that if I start the game with Blue Configuration 1st..... as I will try later starting the game with it on purple mode already... :()
I also have a T500RS that I don´t use for months... will it be any different?? On the PC version, no problem at all... as there you may configure practically any wheel!! (I even tried just for kicks... a really ancient Microsoft SideWinder Precision Racing Wheel... and managed to put it working there!!!)

Last edited:
Is it just me... my Wheel setup... or this car is almost impossible to drive (just almost...) at higher speeds... specially in some points of the track like... curves... and when the revs achieve an higher "tone" from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd??

On the PC version it seems even more difficult... :(

I would like to know if on PS4 version, when you setup your wheel ... the only wheel listed is the G29?? I´ve tried even deleting my previous setup files... (like resetting the game), and creating a new Wheel setup configuration, but if I don´t check the checkbox for G29, the wheel will not be used by the game.. :(

My wheel is a Fanatec CSL Elite PS4... and strange as it is, if I turn it to Compatibility (purple) mode, (emulating a G29 wheel), it will not be used by the game... (that if I start the game with Blue Configuration 1st..... as I will try later starting the game with it on purple mode already... :()
I also have a T500RS that I don´t use for months... will it be any different?? On the PC version, no problem at all... as there you may configure practically any wheel!! (I even tried just for kicks... a really ancient Microsoft SideWinder Precision Racing Wheel... and managed to put it working there!!!)

I'm on a Thrustmaster T150, and the car is tricky, sure, but you have to drive it very smoothly, and methodical, not chucking her into the corners...Apply the gas, the brakes, and steering imput as if you was caressing a pussy cat! :D

I had a go earlier, nice slidey fun!

48387821_10218344057894069_188075402416095232_n.jpg

1:46.912, as mentioned above, you have to be so smooth, the old Silverstone is low grip too, even on "optimum" track condition.

48366617_10218344064094224_4895701738876567552_n.jpg

Gracious ould girl! :)

I'm on a Thrustmaster T150, and the car is tricky, sure, but you have to drive it very smoothly, and methodical, not chucking her into the corners...Apply the gas, the brakes, and steering imput as if you was caressing a pussy cat! :D

I had a go earlier, nice slidey fun!

View attachment 787363

1:46.912, as mentioned above, you have to be so smooth, the old Silverstone is low grip too, even on "optimum" track condition.

View attachment 787364

Gracious ould girl! :)

Thanks, Hammy! :)

I´ll try to... sometimes it feels like butter is spread on Tarmac.. (some of the curves) ... or then the brakes simply don´t brake.. or else... they brake too much... feels strange indeed... and i even made it spin in acceleration from 1st to 2nd gear... in a straight!!! That is weird...

I´m not a regular AC player and so... How do I display my best Hotlap time for a given track with a given car in any circumstance???
For example. i´ve been doing the "Hotlap" thing.. and then finished it.. and closed the game... then.. I got back to it again latter. it will show a Ghost car for the next time i try to "Hot Lap" with same combo (car and track) . .wont it?? if I try it again!... But how do i know which is the "Ghost car" previous time?? And how do i display it to prove I did it??

at the end of the session click on "session", thus will display your fastest time for this session only. You can then screenshot it and post that here. If you've already done a faster lap and not saved a screenshot I'm afraid it is lost to the Matrix

at the end of the session click on "session", thus will display your fastest time for this session only. You can then screenshot it and post that here. If you've already done a faster lap and not saved a screenshot I'm afraid it is lost to the Matrix
Thanks Nosoks! This means that leaving the Session will not let the Best lap recorded on Racing history, like it happens .. in GTS?? :( where you may even record any lap you want or like... :(

As yesterday night i spent some time trying to master that defiant beast... and after some time I managed finally to do some full laps under 2 minutes... :( (dont laught please) ... and a Ghost car started appearing... and so I went... following it and sometimes even passing it.. lol... but then I needed to close AC... as i did.. but after getting back again... I found no record of that previous feat!! :(

Last edited:
Back