CRAP Club Assetto Corsa Time Trials!! - New TTs, Sometime In The Future!!

52.842 probably my last go......... lots of miles on the BusDodgerRing ahead this week

53245207_10157273786920739_3001668676563763200_o.jpg

EDIT: dang that is a fast Hamster hahahaaha

My first go of the week, and what a loose car! D

53636766_10218965271664025_2395286746829946880_n.jpg

1:52.331 to kick things off!! I hope to try again on Friday before we end, time to find in that final, tricky sector!!

And when not driving smoothly, it's always fun to change style for a lap or 2!

Don´t get me wrong but I think the lap times are sometimes easier to achieve and better when raced on the console. I cannot verify this of course since I don´t own one but at least I know I spent hours on Vallelunga with the M4 to achieve the gold medal which is below 1,51.000. It looks there is some unbalancing here. Maybe we can see if I have started my own mod time trial next week.

A time via Fartbook from Josip Cosic

View attachment 804344

1:50.919!!! Cracking time!

Loving the FOV. Looks a lot like what I use. Except I cant see any of the gauge cluster. I should post a screen shot.

Also the camera pointed at the screen has given me an idea for what to do with the HDR sliders. I wonder if I can get the game to look that vibrant, and washed out while having the details amplified like that? It may sound like I'm dissing the image, but I'm not. I really like the way it looks. Being on PC and having Content Manager, I can create a new camera effect setting. I've been playing with it, but never had a goal in mind when using it.

Loving the FOV. Looks a lot like what I use. Except I cant see any of the gauge cluster. I should post a screen shot.

Also the camera pointed at the screen has given me an idea for what to do with the HDR sliders. I wonder if I can get the game to look that vibrant, and washed out while having the details amplified like that? It may sound like I'm dissing the image, but I'm not. I really like the way it looks. Being on PC and having Content Manager, I can create a new camera effect setting. I've been playing with it, but never had a goal in mind when using it.

I'm pretty sure that's a PS4 screenshot man, with the camera from a phone.....But yeah, I get what you mean about the POV and colour washout.

@Fall Guy , are you doing this as a 'hotlap' under 'Single' as well as the special event hotlap under 'Challenges'? The time and temp settings are different as Hammy sets specific ones, and I can go a little quicker (maybe 2 tenths) in the special event compared to this TT (even without tweaking tyre pressures as I normally would for an SE, which gets roughly another second).

Can't say I like this heavy car at any TC setting, and must admit I'm quickest with it on 1!

1:52.265

crap20190308-1.jpg

Yes @Fall Guy, the game is equal on PC and console (console lagged behind PC in 2016/2017, whilst patches were updating the console version to PC's level) so there shouldn't be any difference in lap times as @Outspacer says.....

Make sure you're doing the TT in "Hotlap" mode, using the conditions that are given, it's all in the TT announcement post, with the photo of the car and track to use.

Hi fellas,

Due to circumstances outside of my control guys, I won't be able to run the TTs for the next few weeks. But I hope to be back within the next 2 or 3, everything is a mystery right now...... :(

If someone would like to run the TTs in that short time, alongside @Fall Guys, then great! If not, no problem, and we can restart towards the end of March, or into April. It all depends when I get reconnected to the cyber world that is the internet again!

This current TT will still end tomorrow, Friday, and I'll do the results as always.

Really sorry again CRAPpers, the Hamster will return!

Sorry to hear that Hamster, but I bet you are excited to be moving back home.

I made progress, but nothing earth shattering. I'll update this post in a bit. I'm knee deep in R3E at the moment.

Here are the results of the TT in the BMW M4 at Vallelunga!!

Josip Cosic 1:50.479

@Moloko 1:50.542

@Outspacer 1:52.265

@HammyMansell 1:52.331

@nosoks 1:52.842

Phomolo Modipane 1:53.400

@krsht3 1:53.621

@Dopplegagger 1:54.613

@Mirror_man 1:57.942

Well done to Josip, a super time there, and from @Moloko too, less than a tenth in it! Well done to you all for giving the TT a go! We will now have a little rest until the start of April hopefully!! Stick around fellas, and keep your eyes open for the next TT coming soon! Take care and have fun, the Hamster will be back!!

Hey CRAPpers, The Hamster is back!!!

Just to let you know that starting from Monday the 1st of April, and that's no April Fool!!

I'll be back running the TTs again, from Mondays to Sundays from now on. And as it's such a special occasion, I've decided to run TTs simultaneously, here on Assetto Corsa, and on PCARS 2 also.

Look out for the announcement in a couple of days, it's good to be back with you fellas! Let's have some fun! :D

Thanks @Georgeagea for running a TT also! ;)

Hi CRAPpers, let's go then with a new AC TT, which is.....

The Porsche 911 R At Brands Hatch GP!!

01.jpg

Brands-HatchGP03.dfff6c704a8dbd267ca6dbe881f4c14b.png

Conditions:

Time: 17:00h
Weather: Clear
Temp: 25C
Track Condition: Optimum

To be done in "Hot Lap" mode using the above conditions, with stock setup, factory settings and 0% Stability Control, although you can adjust tyre compound, Traction Control setting if the car has the feature, fuel and brake pressure. Post an in game screenshot of your time here for it to count. This TT will end next Sunday night, the 7th of April, good luck! ;)

And to repeat, TC can be adjusted, car applicable!

Welcome back @HammyMansell 👍 Hope the move went well!

Putting an early time in... it might take a few sessions before the back end stops overtaking me, but since I got a nice line through Surtees, here we go :D

1:36.622

View attachment 811346

Hi mate and thanks!! Yeah all good and settling in after a busy couple of days getting everything in order.

Nice early time there, too! :D

Had a first, quick go, and what a rusty feeling after being out for a month! :P

56387522_10219187911709887_3187700318792056832_n.jpg

1:39.118 to start, so much more time to find. Low grip, and the arse likes to step out under braking, but what a fun car, one of my very favourites. Did this lap with TC off, and with the H shifter. TC I think might be overall quicker, but less fun! :D

Time to find! ;)

I've done a time, but felt i have more....... I forget how slow I was 39s maybe
I DO remember
T1 oversteer
T2 Understeer
T3 Understeer then over steer
T4 OK
T5 understeer
T6 under/oversteer
T7 OK
T8 understeer
Last turn oversteer