CRAP Club Assetto Corsa Time Trials!! - New TTs, Sometime In The Future!!

Another try from me, and a new time!

60105008_10219483210292167_7440239346566823936_n.jpg

7:57.899!

Pushed that little bit more, and tried to be tidier where i made mistakes with the previous time.....Still a fair bit there on the table I reckon.

Still on the limit!! This Ferrari is turning into one of my favourite cars in AC! :D

It's a great car when it's behaving itself, haha, but on the limit is sooo tricky to maintain. Maybe it's tyre management - get a flatspot and it gives you understeer? Whatever it is, once it gets like that I might as well restart! OTOH, getting a little out of shape on corner entry doesn't seem to bother it too much - square it up and off it trots :D

7:56.744

crap20190505-ac3.jpg

Great times fellas, sadly I've had no time to go again....But I'll be taking this combo for a cruise a lot more anyway, and the GTO to other tracks too!

Here are the results of the TT in the Ferrari GTO at Nords:

@Outspacer 7:56.744

@HammyMansell 7:57.899

@nosoks 8:04.249

@Georgeagea 8:04.499

Well done as ever to those of you that had a go, and a great win for @Outspacer this time around. The next CRAP Assetto TT will start next Monday, the 20th of May, see you then! ;)

Optimal tyre pressures: fronts 24, rears 26. Front camber: -0.8 (just one click from the default -0.7, not sure it really made any difference, a little less prone to understeer is what I was hoping for). Gears: EVO_spec. Got a 7:48.568. Over 8 seconds improvement and perhaps could be more! However, it's still miles off my PCars time (7:34) and miles off the top of the RSR leaderboard. (The EVO_spec gears make the gears pretty much the same as in PCars, i.e. you just end up using one gear higher almost everywhere).

But here's the kicker - it's a bitch to drive, not as much fun as with the default settings where that lack of grip is more predictable. A bit jumpy. It doesn't help that in the setup you can't change springs or dampers at all to balance out the extra grip.

At least my Rift seems to be behaving itself tonight. Last night I'd start Nords with a nice 90 FPS but then it would droop, and droop, and droop, until by the end of a lap I barely had 45 FPS. Never seen that before. I tried a couple of things and a reboot, no joy, gave up. I have no idea why it's fine again tonight... I don't trust it!

/report from the dark side of the dark side

The new CRAP Assetto Corsa TT is:

The Lotus Exos 125 Stage 1 At Spa Francorchamps!!

12837932633_8c41b60807_o.jpg

spa-francorchamps-632x316.png

Conditions:

Time: 8:00h
Weather: Clear
Temp: 20C
Track Condition: Optimum

To be done in "Hot Lap" mode using the above conditions, with stock setup, factory settings and 0% Stability Control, although you can adjust tyre compound, Traction Control setting if the car has the feature, fuel and brake pressure. Post an in game screenshot of your time here for it to count. This TT will end next Sunday night, the 26th of May, good luck! ;)

And to repeat, TC can be adjusted, car applicable!

I remember that I've never been able to crack the 2:00min mark in a F1 car, last time I tried at Spa :lol: and now you're doing 1:55s in this.
I won't even bother trying TBH.

I remember that I've never been able to crack the 2:00min mark in a F1 car, last time I tried at Spa :lol: and now you're doing 1:55s in this.
I won't even bother trying TBH.

@Georgeagea give it a go....The car is fast and grippy, and great fun around Spa! The TT won't be as fun if your name's not there!! Give it a shot mate!

A time from @speedy10

60492132_10157377834879430_3168136154348257280_n.jpg

1:55.738

0058C2EB-DB93-483D-B762-45D0DC85C255.jpeg

Thought I’d have a go at this one, open wheelers aren’t really my strong point and that understeer!

Good fun though, Can you turn the ghost off on PS4? It’s so annoying that when you are close it’s right in your face!

View attachment 822557
Thought I’d have a go at this one, open wheelers aren’t really my strong point and that understeer!

Good fun though, Can you turn the ghost off on PS4? It’s so annoying that when you are close it’s right in your face!

Well done @Venster , and nice to see you back here TTing again mate!!

I don't believe you can turn off the ghost on console version of AC.

I had another go,

60557180_10219589773276175_1722307092859060224_n.jpg

1:54.637 this time around.

On supersofts and TC off....Keep off those kerbs, as they are deadly, particularly on the apexes, and the final Bus Stop chicane is tricky also, the rear likes to swap ends mid way through!

I didn't believe your first post, not even for a moment :P Nice one! :cheers:

It's getting quite crowded in the 55s...
I was sincere bro. I suck with open wheelers (not that I'm great with anything else anyways :lol:) but it seems I was confused with the times. It seems it was 1:50 that I couldn't crack with an F1 car and not 2:00.

Now that I've tried this car in VR, I want to give an F1 car another go! The feeling of speed in VR is amazing!

I was sincere bro. I suck with open wheelers (not that I'm great with anything else anyways :lol:) but it seems I was confused with the times. It seems it was 1:50 that I couldn't crack with an F1 car and not 2:00.

Now that I've tried this car in VR, I want to give an F1 car another go! The feeling of speed in VR is amazing!

I was sure you'd end up giving it a try anyway, is all :) And a 55 is pretty good as it turns out! My early laps were well north of 2:00 :lol:

Maybe VR helps with formula cars... I certainly didn't get on well with them before. For sure it's a blast though, full focus.

hah, succumbed to peer pressure eh

also you guys wont see me on Farcebonk for a while as the gov't here has it choked off

Are they in mourning for old girl May going from the UK......Democracy ehhhh? :dopey: :lol:

3066.jpg

That's enough Bolitics for today! :D

Here are the results of the TT in the Lotus Exos 125 Stage 1 at Spa:

@HammyMansell 1:54.637

@Outspacer 1:54.887 ;)

@Phomolo Modipane 1:55.269

@speedy10 1:55.424

@SpaceBreed 1:55.607

@Georgeagea 1:55.834

@Venster 1:55.904

Very good job as ever to those of you that had a go!! And very close between all 7, 1.3 seconds!! The next CRAP Assetto TT will start next Monday, the 3rd of June....See you then! ;)

Last edited:
Back