CRAP Club Assetto Corsa Time Trials!! - New TTs, Sometime In The Future!!

so I had a last kick at it last night. TC turned off and was unable to improve tho I was close to my posted time.
A couple of observations.
1. The gearbox protection is more invasive with TC off..... you can't dump gears like you can with it on.
2. I found the car quicker into and through the corner but slower out
I didn't actually mind it without it was just .... "different"

Here are the results of the TT in the Ferrari Fartback at Mugello:

@Outspacer 2:00.482

@HammyMansell 2:01.618

@nosoks 2:02.007

@Dopplegagger 2:02.221

@krsht3 2:02.440

Very well done to those of you that gave it a go, and nice one @Outspacer you're on top this time around! The next AC TT will start from next Tuesday, the 9th of October! Any suggestions for combos are welcome as ever!

Winner of the superfart contest, yay! On one hand I'm glad this TT persuaded me to spend more than 1 or 2 laps with the car and get something decent out of it - let's not forget it is a few seconds quicker than a 458 Italia round here - but on the other I don't really feel like I learnt much from it, as I have from other cars.

Speaking of which, I guess now would be as good a time as any to try the 812 at Nords hotlap SE "Life in The Fart Lane" :lol:

Winner of the superfart contest, yay! On one hand I'm glad this TT persuaded me to spend more than 1 or 2 laps with the car and get something decent out of it - let's not forget it is a few seconds quicker than a 458 Italia round here - but on the other I don't really feel like I learnt much from it, as I have from other cars.

Speaking of which, I guess now would be as good a time as any to try the 812 at Nords hotlap SE "Life in The Fart Lane" :lol:

Haha yeah man, not fast, just a fart! Goes well with CRAP too! :D

Well done again, the new PCARS 2 TT is up and live now, a fun combo!!

Haha yeah man, not fast, just a fart! Goes well with CRAP too! :D

Well done again, the new PCARS 2 TT is up and live now, a fun combo!!

Cheers, bud! I can tell you it's a terrifying thing to push round the ring :lol: The pace, the bumps, the lack of aero... hardly any time you can just keep throttle fully planted. The SE Gold of 7:21 is set pretty easy though, got that on first valid lap, then 7:18.5. There were a few restarts in between! Keep it on the road - horizontally and vertically - and don't really push, just let it slip out ;)

I'm ready for the next one. Hammy mentioned some sort of sideways action for the next one... I wonder what he's planning. I just hope it isn't something riding on Bias Ply Tires. Then again, some of the older vehicles are a lot of fun, so I'll keep an open mind.

Unless Hammy picks the Cobra. If so, then I'm bringing a folding chair into this Cage Match!

:lol:

The four wheel steering only kicks in during slow corners. So basically it often only kicks in during a certain part of the corner. This is why people struggle with the 812 imo. It helps to know this happens in order to learn to drive the car.

I never knew due to ignorance that the 812 had 4 wheel steering delta, interesting!!

I'm ready for the next one. Hammy mentioned some sort of sideways action for the next one... I wonder what he's planning. I just hope it isn't something riding on Bias Ply Tires. Then again, some of the older vehicles are a lot of fun, so I'll keep an open mind.

Unless Hammy picks the Cobra. If so, then I'm bringing a folding chair into this Cage Match!

:lol:

Ahhhhh now the Cobra man, now that's an idea!!! :D

Ahhhhh now the Cobra man, now that's an idea!!! :D

You left me no choice...

kane-and-dean-ambrose-1436939455-800.jpg

The new AC TT is:

The Shelby Cobra 427 S/C at Vallelunga! :D
source.gif

Vallelunga63.7cd20f8b5fa359570176a4c98dac0f50.png

Conditions:

Time: 11:00h
Weather: Clear
Temp: 27C
Track Condition: Optimum

To be done in "Hot Lap" mode using the above conditions, with stock setup, factory settings and 0% Stability Control, although you can adjust tyre compound, fuel and brake pressure. Post an in game screenshot of your time for it to count. This TT will end next Monday night, the 15th of October, good luck! ;)

Last edited:
Ok everyone. Here's the caboose times. As usual, anyone behind this line will be called mean names and be forced to sit with the late arrivals during lunch. That table is nearest to the rest rooms, that's why you never see me eating lunch when I am over there. :lol:

1:32.219

45226118871_0d6ca1f0cd_o.png

45226118651_ace1b72e6f_o.png

I had trouble keeping it pointed in the right direction, but it's something I believe I will be able to get the hang of. The biggest problem I have is, I can see where I need the car to be, but it just doesn't want to go there at times. When I forced it to comply, it showed me who's boss. Good thing I was running the Superformance version. By showing me who was in control, I've been introduced to a wall or two.

Err... which layout are we doing? The one I tried a Sunday driver on was 1:55!

edit: OK, I'll try classic later, serves me right for not checking the track map :)

If I don't get too sucked into ACC 0.2 with VR, that is :D

Last edited:
Opppppsss sorry guys, I did mean as it's called in the in game menu "Vallelunga", but if the above map is of the "Classic" version, then I'm sorry for the confusion. Sorry @Dopplegagger and go again man please.

I can confirm to use "Vallelunga" as it's named in the menu fellas! ;)

Edit: Cheers soks for passing on the message, I missed @Outspacer's post of yesterday asking. I will extend the TT by a day to give us that bit more time also. ;)

I like that we are running the full course and I'm sure I will post some good times there too but...

Do you know how hard it is to connect a caboose to a train? It ain't like H-O scale models you know. :rant:

J/K :D

Back