CRAP Club Assetto Corsa Time Trials!! - New TTs, Sometime In The Future!!

A time from @SpaceBreed, this time on PC:

67351743_10211505998563997_5181352188303114240_n.jpg

1:36.827!!

Finally had my go at last this week, and a proper dig at it too!!

What a fun old car, it almost made my Hamster sideburns catch fire! :D And I'm enjoying Vallelunga more and more, it's great fun in the older cars, and it has a bit of everything too!

66899638_10220073138880013_4207826562797535232_n.jpg

1:33.064!

A smoothish lap, but maybe a '32 is there! ;)

Great fun!

Just moved in to my new house and was finally able to unpack the most important thing in the whole house :). Didn't really get too much time to set an amazing lap but I really wanted to get a semi-decent time up, especially since I missed a few time trials lately. Gotta say tho, I really do love most of the old F1 cars and this is one of my favorites. Sorry for the unclear photo, didn't really realize how blurry it was until I checked it much later. Anyway, the time was a 1.36.106 and I'm pretty sure I could've got it into the 1.34's with a little bit more pushing but honestly, I'm just happy to be back :)!

Just a question, were you guys having trouble with the blind left hairpin in sector 2 (turn 7, I think) because I found that I always went deep into the corner as I could never see the apex?

Attachments

• IMG_20190721_095640.jpg
    IMG_20190721_095640.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 10
Just a question, were you guys having trouble with the blind left hairpin in sector 2 (turn 7, I think) because I found that I always went deep into the corner as I could never see the apex?

Difficult to get the braking right for that one, I manage it about a quarter of the time! Braking what feels like really early helps, well before the rubber on the road.

Last edited:
Just moved in to my new house and was finally able to unpack the most important thing in the whole house :). Didn't really get too much time to set an amazing lap but I really wanted to get a semi-decent time up, especially since I missed a few time trials lately. Gotta say tho, I really do love most of the old F1 cars and this is one of my favorites. Sorry for the unclear photo, didn't really realize how blurry it was until I checked it much later. Anyway, the time was a 1.36.106 and I'm pretty sure I could've got it into the 1.34's with a little bit more pushing but honestly, I'm just happy to be back :)!

Well done mate, and yes with that turn, as I was reaching the rev limiter in 3rd gear, I'd start to brake, and normally nail that hairpin.

Guys, I've got no internet at the moment, and it's too fiddly doing results on a phone, so I might have to extend the TT until tomorrow, Monday night! So feel free to continue until then. The PCARS 2 TT will start from Tuesday. But I'll keep you posted later today all the same!

Difficult to get the braking right for that one, I mange it about a quarter of the time! Braking what feels like really early helps, well before the rubber on the road.

Thanks! I was sort of guesstimating the braking point by using the start of the kerb and these marks on the side of the track. It always felt like I was either overshooting the apex or just not carrying any speed through the corner.

Well done mate, and yes with that turn, as I was reaching the rev limiter in 3rd gear, I'd start to brake, and normally nail that hairpin.

Thanks! That's really helpful actually as I was debating shifting up before the turn as it feels like the car really slows down a lot just before the rev limiter.

Double post guys, but still no Hamster internet, I need a new treadmill it seams! But as you're all enjoying this TT, I'm going to extend it until next Sunday the 28th of July, as I don't want to be ummming and arrrring all week.

So get those 70s sideburns back out and keep trying!

Last edited:
Last edited:
The new CRAP Assetto Corsa TT is:

The 1975 Ferrari F312T At Laguna Seca!!

maxresdefault.jpg

Laguna+Seca+-+Wide.jpg

Conditions:

Time: 17:00h
Weather: Clear
Temp: 24C
Track Condition: Optimum

To be done in "Hot Lap" mode using the above conditions, with stock setup, factory settings and 0% Stability Control, although you can adjust tyre compound, Traction Control setting if the car has the feature, fuel and brake pressure. Post an in game screenshot of your time here for it to count. This TT will end next Sunday night, the 4th of August, good luck! ;)

And to repeat, TC can be adjusted, car applicable!

Good times so far fellas, keep it up! I hope to give it a go over the weekend before we finish.......Remember to have a go all of you!!

I'm thinking of extending this TT as well, like the last one.... :D

67629412_10220184590866243_6273873499106836480_n.jpg

1:23.601 for me! I didn't cheat this week, as I used the shifter in H pattern, not like the last TT in the Lotus! :D Really tricky around the long left after the Corkscrew changing up the gears, a case of holding on and hoping for the best! :P

Great, fun car! I doubt I'll get time to go again! Seriously, if you fellas want the TT extended, it could happen! :D

If not, get your times in before Sunday night! ;)

Back