CRAP Club Assetto Corsa Time Trials!! - New TTs, Sometime In The Future!!

2:31,913 after 2 laps but I think there is a lot more possible.

upload_2019-11-12_10-53-28.png

not likely just a vague plan. Need to sort out my technotardedness and kill my fear hehehe
It is intimidating I gotta admit. It is wonderful for simracing and for FPS games alike but the rate of issues and headbanging is a bit too high for my liking. I consider myself a semi-tech guy who likes to tinker and fix stuff myself.

After all, if it was that easy to own and operate a PC, as easy as it is to own a plug-and-play console, no one would have gotten a console.

It's either or.
You either want the better overall features, hardware, VR, etc... with all the hassle it comes with, or you convince yourself that a console is enough for your needs / prefer plug-and-play but you lose all the other goodies.

Nothing is perfect.
The fact that I can race AC, PC2, and all other sims in VR was enough reason for me to make that leap of faith.

Last edited:
It is intimidating I gotta admit. It is wonderful for simracing and for FPS games alike but the rate of issues and headbanging is a bit too high for my liking. I consider myself a semi-tech guy who likes to tinker and fix stuff myself.

After all, if it was that easy to own and operate a PC, as easy as it is to own a plug-and-play console, no one would have gotten a console.

It's either or.
You either want the better overall features, hardware, VR, etc... with all the hassle it comes with, or you convince yourself that a console is enough for your needs / prefer plug-and-play but you lose all the other goodies.

Nothing is perfect.
The fact that I can race AC, PC2, and all other sims in VR was enough reason for me to make that leap of faith.

thanks for your insights @Georgeagea . Pretty sure I won't be doing VR I just want more from the games I play. I have a Steam account so anyone can friend me there. I'm sure to be looking for help and advice :)

thanks for your insights @Georgeagea . Pretty sure I won't be doing VR I just want more from the games I play. I have a Steam account so anyone can friend me there. I'm sure to be looking for help and advice :)
For sure! I will be adding you on steam. By the way, i had same concern as you and finally it was not too bad. I mean, it s not a big effort to deal with pc config and issues, googling i can configure the setup and it s very easy to play a game and use wheel commands. Feel free to ask if you have any question!

Are you sure? With driving sims it's a complete game changer - you're not looking looking through a screen, you're actually there, in the car. However you do require quite a meaty setup to get the best out of it.

A bit of advice for you based on my recent experience of setting up a windows PC for the very first time (although I do have a tech background) - apply the KISS principle (Keep It Stupid Simple). Get rid of the crapware that comes with the PC - ask here for advice on that. Then install the drivers for your wheel, install steam, install the games you want and that's it. That should keep the PC optimised for gaming.

With permission of @HammyMansell , I would like to suggest you an Assetto Corsa championship on Saturday mornings.

911rsr-png.863833

THIS WILL BE A PS4 ONLY SERIES.
THE SERIES WILL RUN SATURDAYS MORNINGS AT 10AM EST, RACING WILL BEGIN 1 HOUR LATER SHARP.
ALL DRIVERS ARE WELCOME WHO ARE LOOKING FOR CLEAN COMPETITIVE RACING.

CARS AVAILABLE:

PORSCHE 911 RSR 2017
FERRARI 458 GT2
CORVETTE C7R
BMW M3 GT2

PLEASE USE THE FORMAT BELOW WHEN JOINING.

EXAMPLE:

PSN: WILO28
MANUFACTURE: PORSCHE
GTP ID: WILO28

RACE DAY

10:00 AM EST - ROOM OPENS (PRACTICE)
10:40 AM EST - QUALIFYING STARTS (20 MINUTES)
11:00 AM EST - RACE STARTS

If you are interested, this is the link: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...aguna-seca-11-16-19-6-spots-available.390605/

My time after a quick 4 or 5 lap chuck-a-round....

74480256_413745459317734_5718670605830586368_n.jpg

2:27.759. Quite a bit more time to find, and I hope i find time too to try again before Sunday night. Fun little car, and makes me chuckle how it hates ti brake straight, death trap! :D

Wey Hey!

Fun little car, and makes me chuckle how it hates ti brake straight, death trap! :D

Wey Hey!

Haha, yes! My best first sector (lap 5) was largely due to a lucky, massive and beautiful drift into T1 that ended perfectly on the apex :D It's this car's version of trail-braking.

What I can't figure out is a good way to tackle the final corner - the crest on the way in messes up any 'aggressive' attempt. So I took a conservative approach: braked on the straight, coasted over the crest, then got in position for a good drive out. There's probably a faster way, but the risk of ruining the lap - and hurting the next lap - is rather high!

Last edited:
The new CRAP Assetto Corsa TT is:

The Ford GT40 at Nurburgring GT!! (more open chicane version)

GT-driving-experience-kent-big-1920x1080-resize.jpg

gp-strecke-fim-variante-02-fe.png

Conditions:

Time: 14:00h
Weather: Clear
Temp: 25C
Track Condition: Optimum

To be done in "Hot Lap" mode using the above conditions, with stock setup, factory settings and 0% Stability Control, although you can adjust tyre compound, Traction Control setting if the car has the feature, fuel and brake pressure. Post an in game screenshot of your time here for it to count. This TT will end on Sunday, the 1st of December, good luck! ;)

And to repeat, TC can be adjusted, car applicable!

2.15.713 but I know for sure I can put in a high 13. I was two seconds up on the delta, didn't pay attention for one second and ran wide at the fast right hander on the back straight and got my lap invalidated :(.

Also, sub 10!! Well I need to get back to hot lapping ASAP if I want to get that.

Attachments

• IMG_20191127_114127.jpg
    IMG_20191127_114127.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 9
I had a run too this morning.....

78453583_729205140920283_1040834042276085760_n.jpg

2:13.124..........Where are the brakes?? :dopey: :lol:

Maybe a low 2:12 is there, as I got a wiggle on out of the last corner on the kerb....A total animal of a car, and on the said kerbs, it's like having a greased up fish in your hands, or something similar! :D

Good fun as ever, but I'm glad I didn't choose the Nordschleife for the GT40 after all!

Back