CRAP Club Assetto Corsa Time Trials!! - New TTs, Sometime In The Future!!

1575242452323570316479.jpg

Fred flintstones car had better brakes than this

2.11 is there on a tidy lap for sure, just don't have the time to do it unfortunately! Great tt lad's

Here are the results of the TT in the Ford GT40 at Nurb GT.....

@Moloko 2.12.392

@HammyMansell 2:13.124

@Georgeagea 2:13.149

@Outspacer 2:14.275

@nosoks 2: 15.836

@Aksy 2.15.713

@Rosinbag1 2:22.728

Well done to you all for having a try, and to Moloko for another win, well done man! The next CRAP Assetto TT starts next Monday, the 9th of December, see you then!! ;)

The new CRAP Assetto Corsa TT is:

The Toyota AE86 Tuned At Silverstone International!!

04c3726333bad6118227029a061e95ab.jpg

Silverstone_international.jpg

Conditions:

Time: 11:00h
Weather: Clear
Temp: 28C
Track Condition: Optimum

To be done in "Hot Lap" mode using the above conditions, with stock setup, factory settings and 0% Stability Control, although you can adjust tyre compound, Traction Control setting if the car has the feature, fuel and brake pressure. Post an in game screenshot of your time here for it to count. This TT will end on Sunday, the 15th of December, good luck! ;)

And to repeat, TC can be adjusted, car applicable!

1.20.047 but there's loads of time in it. I just can't get a clean lap in because the brakes are just screwing with me. One lap, I lock up the front and go straight on and the next I lock up the rears and nearly spin! This car, the brakes in particular have a mind of their own.

@zaxs yes I'm almost 100% sure that semi-slicks are the fastest tire

@Outspacer but you have to do it while steering with only one hand right ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20191214_154433.jpg
    IMG_20191214_154433.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 10
1.20.047 but there's loads of time in it. I just can't get a clean lap in because the brakes are just screwing with me. One lap, I lock up the front and go straight on and the next I lock up the rears and nearly spin! This car, the brakes in particular have a mind of their own.

@zaxs yes I'm almost 100% sure that semi-slicks are the fastest tire

@Outspacer but you have to do it while steering with only one hand right ;)

I've got a trapped nerve or something in my left shoulder - does that count? :( In a way that helps here because I'm really trying to avoid countersteering!!

The tyre pressures end up very unbalanced left/right, and the tyres easily get way too hot on the left side. Still probably the fastest tyre but you have to make sure not to abuse them, or the braking becomes even more unpredictable.

I've got a trapped nerve or something in my left shoulder - does that count? :( In a way that helps here because I'm really trying to avoid countersteering!!

The tyre pressures end up very unbalanced left/right, and the tyres easily get way too hot on the left side. Still probably the fastest tyre but you have to make sure not to abuse them, or the braking becomes even more unpredictable.

Damn, not countersteering in that little demon must be nearly impossible, you're an actual steering god!

Also along with the left side tires getting very hot, my front right basically just starts turning to ice which makes the final chicane extremely interesting. I'm starting to get the idea that the only way to turn the car in to corners is to trail brake hard into corners and transfer the weight to the front to sort of slide the car into the apex but that's going to cook the tyres, especially the rears. But hey, atleast the tyre temps won't be too unbalanced, they'll just be really high all around :)

I hope your shoulder gets better soon @Outspacer.......... More tofu needed maybe! :D

I've finally got round to having a quick, three lap go!

79762078_577600362808920_6450544904358592512_n.jpg

1:20.686! (sorry for bad pic quality).

Semi slicks, H shifter and aidless for that, very unstable under braking into Stowe especially! I wish I had more time to get me knashers into it!

Results up later people! ;)

Damn, not countersteering in that little demon must be nearly impossible, you're an actual steering god!

Also along with the left side tires getting very hot, my front right basically just starts turning to ice which makes the final chicane extremely interesting. I'm starting to get the idea that the only way to turn the car in to corners is to trail brake hard into corners and transfer the weight to the front to sort of slide the car into the apex but that's going to cook the tyres, especially the rears. But hey, atleast the tyre temps won't be too unbalanced, they'll just be really high all around :)

I said trying, not neccessarily succeeding :lol:

It seemed to help my time to give up on trying to gain any under braking. Braked gently and early, and drove through the corners on some power. Especially the chicane where hugging the first and staying left allows getting to full throttle much earlier for a good run down the s/f straight. There's a few corners where a good grippy exit can gain close to half a second, so a tenth or two under braking didn't seem worth the stress on the tyres!

I hope your shoulder gets better soon @Outspacer.......... More tofu needed maybe! :D

Thanks mate, had it for weeks now and it's mostly fine if I'm careful, but if I'm not it makes sure to remind me with pain :nervous:

Here are the results of the TT in the Toyota AE86 Tuned at Silverstone International....

@Moloko 1.18.862

@Outspacer 1:19.595

@Asky 1.20.047

@HammyMansell 1:20.686

@nosoks 1:21.396

@zaxs 1:22.239

@Rosinbag 1:34.972

Very well done to you all for having a go, and the Moloko winning streak continues, well done mate! ;)

The next Assetto CRAP TT starts next Monday, the 23rd of December, see you then!!

@Moloko, your turn to choose the next TT combo, let me know mate in a PM what it'll be please, cheers! ;)

Back