CRAP Club Assetto Corsa Time Trials!! - New TTs, Sometime In The Future!!

So I did as you asked and gave this trial a go, and I actually think I did pretty good. I actually felt like I was moving pretty quickly, and the car was easier to get my mind around. I posted a 4:29.89 on my second lap...

I was feeling like a champion, and I was ready to push to beat my time when reality set in...

LOL... I'll push to beat my time tomorrow morning after I get some sleep. But this Time Trial is just what I needed after a hard day dealing with some knuckleheads at the job. Thanks.

I am so off pace on this one again 4:34.402

34564364_10209377031301146_9081909716933672960_o.jpg

Those sweeping bends can be deceptive, especially before that long main straight. A lot of the bends in the final section can be taken with barely a lift off.

For me I found it better to go in slower in to get into a position where I could get more speed out as you'll then carry that speed down those long runs.

I moved the caboose up to a 4:24.544. I have to get my day started, so I don't have the time to improve before tonight's deadline. Nice to see that I am within 10 seconds as of right now. :D

Time for me to hit the track on foot. I got to get my lard-o self in shape, instead of being a shape. :lol:

I moved the caboose up to a 4:24.544. I have to get my day started, so I don't have the time to improve before tonight's deadline. Nice to see that I am within 10 seconds as of right now. :D

Time for me to hit the track on foot. I got to get my lard-o self in shape, instead of being a shape. :lol:

Haha well done mate, great time!! And yes we finish tonight, not tomorrow! :P

Just played GT Sport, and the RX-7 has the same thing there with the speedo, seems a real life glitch with the car has been simulated in both games lol!

Haha well done mate, great time!! And yes we finish tonight, not tomorrow! :P

Just played GT Sport, and the RX-7 has the same thing there with the speedo, seems a real life glitch with the car has been simulated in both games lol!

Well, when you're going faster than that then all you need to know are your revs and your braking points ;) - speedo not necessary. In fact many earlier racing cars simply had a tachometer (rev counter) so you knew when to change gear.

Anyway my final entry - 4:17.988. I know there's more to be had for me, especially in the first section leading up to the main straight, but time, and the need to do my GTS daily workout prevents me from pushing forward.

Assetto Corsa_4.jpg

@HammyMansell great challenge mate. Looking forward to the next one :)

Well, when you're going faster than that then all you need to know are your revs and your braking points ;) - speedo not necessary. In fact many earlier racing cars simply had a tachometer (rev counter) so you knew when to change gear.

Anyway my final entry - 4:17.988. I know there's more to be had for me, especially in the first section leading up to the main straight, but time, and the need to do my GTS daily workout prevents me from pushing forward.

View attachment 741594

@HammyMansell great challenge mate. Looking forward to the next one :)

Nice going Slapped, you're looking good for the win this TT, i won't have time for another go! :(

Results up later! ;)

When I play, I can't see the gauges due to my FOV being extremely close and the screen height would have me looking over the top of the steering wheel. It's pretty much what I would expect to see if I were actually driving the car. For example, the windshield wipers appear to be as big and as close as an actual wiper blade on a car.

That tight of an FOV had the advantage of giving me a natural feel for the car. It makes it easier to place a car, and allows me to see more details when driving. One wouldn't believe how drastic the change in elevation of Laguna Seca's Corkscrew seems with a proper(ish) FOV. The drawbacks of a real(ish) FOV, I have to get creative when encountering a tight turn. If I had head tracking or triples, then this wouldn't be a problem, but with out it, I'm driving by faith in some cases.

I said all of that just to say, I didn't notice a bug with the RX7's speedometer, but that's because I can't see them at all. It's just me, the windshield and Sidekick.

:lol:

When I play, I can't see the gauges due to my FOV being extremely close and the screen height would have me looking over the top of the steering wheel. It's pretty much what I would expect to see if I were actually driving the car. For example, the windshield wipers appear to be as big and as close as an actual wiper blade on a car.

That tight of an FOV had the advantage of giving me a natural feel for the car. It makes it easier to place a car, and allows me to see more details when driving. One wouldn't believe how drastic the change in elevation of Laguna Seca's Corkscrew seems with a proper(ish) FOV. The drawbacks of a real(ish) FOV, I have to get creative when encountering a tight turn. If I had head tracking or triples, then this wouldn't be a problem, but with out it, I'm driving by faith in some cases.

I said all of that just to say, I didn't notice a bug with the RX7's speedometer, but that's because I can't see them at all. It's just me, the windshield and Sidekick.

:lol:

Haha you've got your nose up against the screen almost mate lol!! I've noticed many an alien race with the POV that way, close to the screen. I must try it! ;)

missed out on this one... a few days with some mysterious tropical fever, just when you think you're better ...no you're not
caused quite a stir when i passed out in the ATM centre hahahaha

Bloody hell mate, glad you're ok!! I wondered where you've been....I though maybe that broom had got in the way of your rig, or your soks were dirty! :D

Here's the results:

@Slapped 4:17.988

@HammyMansell 4:20.474

@SpaceBreed 4:21.748

@Dopplegagger 4:24.544

Well done Slapped, and all that took part in a low key TT.........Let's make it a bigger affair next time!!

The next Assetto TT will be from next Tuesday the 12th of June!

missed out on this one... a few days with some mysterious tropical fever, just when you think you're better ...no you're not
caused quite a stir when i passed out in the ATM centre hahahaha

I "Liked" this post, but I'm not completely sure it was appropriate. I mean, you post here that you were down with a possibly lethal tropical infection and everybody is like "hey, I like that". ;) I'm glad you're on the mend though.

Bloody hell mate, glad you're ok!! I wondered where you've been....I though maybe that broom had got in the way of your rig, or your soks were dirty! :D

Here's the results:

@Slapped 4:17.988

@HammyMansell 4:20.474

@SpaceBreed 4:21.748

@Dopplegagger 4:24.544

Well done Slapped, and all that took part in a low key TT.........Let's make it a bigger affair next time!!

The next Assetto TT will be from next Tuesday the 12th of June!

I'm incredibly surprised that I came out on top with this one. I honestly thought from the end of my first lap that some of us would be down to the low 4 minute mark. Anyway it's good to see that we were all pretty much in the same ballpark with this one, so congrats to all :)

I "Liked" this post, but I'm not completely sure it was appropriate. I mean, you post here that you were down with a possibly lethal tropical infection and everybody is like "hey, I like that". ;) I'm glad you're on the mend though.

I'm incredibly surprised that I came out on top with this one. I honestly thought from the end of my first lap that some of us would be down to the low 4 minute mark. Anyway it's good to see that we were all pretty much in the same ballpark with this one, so congrats to all :)

I'll let you into a secret @Slapped, that time i did was the only lap i ran haha!! First off i chose "Highlands", but then realised at the end of the lap that i was 2 minutes quicker than anyone else.....So i then chose the correct layout and just did a quickie!! But you won the thing so very well done mate!!

Remember if any of you want to suggest any car or track combo, just let me know here and we can do it! ;)

I cannot think of anything that would give me an advantage that wouldn't disappear due to skill...

Just an event at Imola would be nice. :)

The new Assetto Corsa TT is:

The Lotus 3 Eleven At Circuit De Catalunya Moto!!
20150626104447-1769dbdf_0.jpg

54804e3c8a5333.47674559.png

Conditions:

Time: 15:00h
Weather: Mid Clear
Temp: 25C
Track Condition: Optimum

To be done in "Hot Lap" mode using the above conditions, with stock setup, factory settings and 0% Stability Control, although you can adjust tyre compound, fuel and brake pressure. Post an in game screenshot of your time for it to count. This TT will end on next Saturday night, the 16th of June, good luck! ;)

Looking forward to this one. The 3elleven was one of the first cars I was able to get around a track without spinning out. Not saying I am a pro with it, but I don't think I will be held back due to learning the car.

I have to rebuild a fight stick, but I should be able to get into this one. There's plenty of time to get some results.

Was going to make first laps but - it's only DLC Lotus

Don't you have the Ready To Race pack mate? Think about getting it, they're great cars!! McLarens, the Lotus, Maserati GT1....Worth the coins man!!

Was going to make first laps but - it's only DLC Lotus

The DLCs are dirt cheap at the moment, probably due to the "Days of Play". I finally got the last 2 that didn't come with the season pass, and they were only 3 - 4 bucks a piece.

Edit - my bad - this is only for the PS4. I don't know about the other platforms.

Last edited:
I just done a couple of laps in practice mode as I've got to learn the track and I don't get that damn ghost car in practice mode. The car is surprising me as it's a rather understeery little thing. I kind of expected it to be a bit looser on the rear end.

This is going to be interesting.

I just done a couple of laps in practice mode as I've got to learn the track and I don't get that damn ghost car in practice mode. The car is surprising me as it's a rather understeery little thing. I kind of expected it to be a bit looser on the rear end.

This is going to be interesting.

Yes Slapped the little Lotus has more grip than you'd think, induce a slide or 2, it can help with lap time in moments!! I hope to have a go at this tomorrow. ;)

I've put a few laps in. Nothing worth mentioning as far as time, because; I am learning the track. I have to take everything I've read and watched about racing and getting faster into account. So far, I am inconsistent. Perhaps I'll develop some consistency tomorrow.

Don't you have the Ready To Race pack mate? Think about getting it, they're great cars!! McLarens, the Lotus, Maserati GT1....Worth the coins man!!

You told me almost same when I was missing Audi TTS for Nordschleife TT...

Still can't get over that time trial.

@Slapped yes, they are on sale here too, but I'm missing a 1,2€ in wallet and I'm not allowed to add or even get any "coin" to my credit card...
How frustrating is that can know only people in my position.

Back