CRAP Club Assetto Corsa Time Trials!! - New TTs, Sometime In The Future!!

2:52:853

15883378771391879810814.jpg

I had a go on the potholed Scottish lanes....

EW8BmWhWoAIMcsm.jpg

2:51.969!! More time to squeeze out still, tidying up the village section expecially!

Well done so far with the times people! ;)

View attachment 917053 2:53.811 is all I have. Its a different car every lap.
I thought I liked this car hahaha

Haha it has a world of it's own mate lol! I should've gone with the Group A M3 road car, a bit more fun....We'll use that some time soon, maybe at Nords! :D

Results up later everyone, get any last minute times in. ;)

The new CRAP Assetto Corsa TT is...

The Lotus Type 49 At Zandvoort!!

0b4cbe377f84cabbf8ae557ba9b8973d.jpg

1200px-Circuit_Park_Zandvoort-1999.svg.png

Conditions:

Time: 13:00h
Weather: Mid Clear
Temp: 25C
Track Condition: Optimum

To be done in "Hot Lap" mode using the above conditions, with stock setup, factory settings and 0% Stability Control, although you can adjust tyre compound, Traction Control setting if the car has the feature, fuel level, and brake pressure. Post an in game screenshot of your time here for it to count. This TT will run until next Sunday night, the 10th of May, good luck! ;)

And to repeat, TC can be adjusted, car applicable!

I forgot how intense this car actually was!.......and also how bad the brakes were. Getting a clean lap is damn near impossible, I was 2 seconds up on a lap and spun it at the penultimate corner :( Going to have to try again later.

Was it just me, or did the grip feel really low for the first few corners, almost like the tires weren't at the tight temperature? I felt like I had much more consistent grip only after 1-2 laps but maybe it's just me?

Attachments

• IMG_20200509_113232.jpg
    IMG_20200509_113232.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 11
I found that once you start to lose grip it's just gone. End up spinning all over the place. Very fine line between a neutral steer drift and snapping backwards into the nearest armco

A tricky little car indeed!!

Your time @John G ......By the way, did you get the wheel sorted out?

asd.jpg

1:44.562!

And myself on my new HamsterRacing80 acc...

EXlTuVyXQAIhlZk.jpg

1:42.908!!

Got a lucky slide out of the slow left turn 3 at Hugenholtz, and pretty much nailed all apexes after about 15 laps of trying haha! :scared: Ahd yes, the car behaves itself more with more fuel on board.

Remember as ever chaps, we end tomorrow night, Sunday. Get any final times in! ;)

@HammyMansell Yep i got another wheel, hooked it up on Friday to get a session in. Will try to give it one more try before it closes, i love driving the old stuff even tho i suck with high power and low grip. 42 is a great time! Will give it a bit more fuel to see if it settles it down but I'll definitely need to rely on a bit of luck!

Last edited:
I'll definitely need to rely on a bit of luck!

reminds me of a (kinda) quote from "The 13th Warrior"....... "luck can save a man, if his courage holds" :D

edit: here you go
Buliwyf: Luck often enough, will save a man, if his courage hold.

Last edited:
Usually cars that are difficult to drive are also very rewarding when you get it right.... this car definitely isn't one of those :crazy:. Zero feel, no idea what the tires are doing.

My first and last session with this car, 1.41.808. Messed up turns 12-14 on this lap, but it ended up being my best anyway.

Almu89_AssettoCorsa_20200510_11-18-50.png

@HammyMansell Yep i got another wheel, hooked it up on Friday to get a session in. Will try to give it one more try before it closes, i love driving the old stuff even tho i suck with high power and low grip. 42 is a great time! Will give it a bit more fuel to see if it settles it down but I'll definitely need to rely on a bit of luck!

Glad you're back "wheeling" and dealing mate, more fun that way!!

Usually cars that are difficult to drive are also very rewarding when you get it right.... this car definitely isn't one of those :crazy:. Zero feel, no idea what the tires are doing.

My first and last session with this car, 1.41.808. Messed up turns 12-14 on this lap, but it ended up being my best anyway.

View attachment 919325

Wow great time @Sutuki, well done! ;)

reminds me of a (kinda) quote from "The 13th Warrior"....... "luck can save a man, if his courage holds" :D

edit: here you go
Buliwyf: Luck often enough, will save a man, if his courage hold.

I always had you down as a poet soks! :D

Results up soonish!

Edit: Anyone fancy another old Racing Lotus for the next TT? :D

Here are the results of the Assetto Corsa TT in the Lotus 49 at Zandvoort....

@Sutuki 1.41.808

@HammyMansell (HamsterRacing80) 1:42.908

@nosoks 1:43.883

@Aksy 1:44.185

@John G 1:44.562

Very well done as always to those of you that had a go, and a great time and win this week from Sutuki, very well done to you!!

The next Assetto TT is coming up in a while, see you for it! ;)

The new CRAP Assetto Corsa TT is.....

The Lotus 72 D At Imola!!!!

wp-image-765364229.jpg

circuit-imola-track-map-1024x710.jpg

Conditions:

Time: 10:30h
Weather: Clear
Temp: 26C
Track Condition: Optimum

To be done in "Hot Lap" mode using the above conditions, with stock setup, factory settings and 0% Stability Control, although you can adjust tyre compound, Traction Control setting if the car has the feature, fuel level, and brake pressure. Post an in game screenshot of your time here for it to count. This TT will run until next Sunday night, the 17th of May, good luck! ;)

And to repeat, TC can be adjusted, car applicable!

Hey everyone,

So I was trying this week's time trial and I felt like my brakes were really messed up. Like, I was braking at 250m on one lap and stopping too early for turn 1 yet on the next, I was overshooting the corner and going straight into the gravel trap. Understandably, I was extremely confused but tried to push on only for the problem to get worse and worse. Every time I hit the brakes, the car was reacting differently: snap oversteer, front locking, no brakes whatsoever; it was horrible! Once I turned on the HUD (as I usually drive without it), I noticed that even though I was fully depressing the brakes, the red bar (is it called the brake indicator?) was just oscillating randomly making the car undriveable. The most confusing part was that the accelerator was working just fine, only the brakes weren't working properly.

I turned everything on and off, recalibrated the wheel and checked my firmware but nothing seemed to help. I looked online and couldn't find anyone else with the same problem and while I know this isn't really the forum for this sort of issue, I didn't know where else to ask.

FYI, I run a Thrustmaster TX base with a T3PA pedal set and I race on Xbox One. The setup is just over two years old and according to me atleast, this shouldn't be just some standard wear and tear issue. Also, the warranty expired last year.

I really love sim racing and spending some time in the rig just makes my week a lot better. Since lockdown started, it's been one of the few things that has been keeping me going. So, any help, advice ideas, anything honestly would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Aksy

it sure sounds like a dirty potentiometer on your brake pedal @Aksy
There is a good tutorial video in the hardware section of GTP. Even though it is specific to G29 the principle will be the same. I'd try blowing the pot with clean air before you get too crazy with it tho

it sure sounds like a dirty potentiometer on your brake pedal @Aksy
There is a good tutorial video in the hardware section of GTP. Even though it is specific to G29 the principle will be the same. I'd try blowing the pot with clean air before you get too crazy with it tho

Thanks for the advice! Just one quick question: what do you mean by blowing the pot?

get a can of clean air or if you have a compressor and just blow out the POTentiometer. There is a convenient hole in the side of them. There is often a build up of carbon dust in there

get a can of clean air or if you have a compressor and just blow out the POTentiometer. There is a convenient hole in the side of them. There is often a build up of carbon dust in there

Ummmm, sorry to keep bothering you and sounding completely clueless but where would the potentiometers be located?

Ummmm, sorry to keep bothering you and sounding completely clueless but where would the potentiometers be located?

you'll need to open up the base and the pots will be somewhere on the pivot point of the pedal assembly. I strongly suggest a look at the video I mentioned :)

Yeah as @nosoks says, this sounds like like dust has got into the potentiometer. It's inside the casing near the hinge of the pedal. It shouldn't have worn out in such a short time so hopefully the compressed air (you can get the stuff used to clean out computer keyboards) will do the job.

If not, you either need a new potentiometer (not sure if replacements are available??) Or you can use the one from your clutch if you don't need the clutch pedal

Back