CRAP Club Assetto Corsa Time Trials!! - New TTs, Sometime In The Future!!

Yeah you get maybe 2 hard laps and then need to take a breather and try again, it gets a pounding!

This session I made it last until into lap 5, quite chuffed with that! Other times it's gone in lap 1, sometimes turn 1 :lol: So even going for a one lap special it's worth trying to look after it, I think. Maybe, as in this session, taking lap 1 a bit easy to get the other tyres settled at temp before going for it on lap 2...

Attachments

• crap20200601-ac2.jpg
    crap20200601-ac2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 21
This session I made it last until into lap 5, quite chuffed with that! Other times it's gone in lap 1, sometimes turn 1 :lol: So even going for a one lap special it's worth trying to look after it, I think. Maybe, as in this session, taking lap 1 a bit easy to get the other tyres settled at temp before going for it on lap 2...

That's a great time mate, well done, and yeah it's a bit of a funny car with the tyres. I remember we ran it at Nords maybe 3 years ago in a TT, and the tyres went to jelly then too!

That's a great time mate, well done, and yeah it's a bit of a funny car with the tyres. I remember we ran it at Nords maybe 3 years ago in a TT, and the tyres went to jelly then too!

Thanks! Shame my best lap was a one lap special and not in a longer session! 1:26.705 might be my final time - restarting in lap 1 gets old pretty quick, prefer to go round and round :)

Yeah Nords would be a challenge, might have to try it :dunce:

Thanks! Shame my best lap was a one lap special and not in a longer session! 1:26.705 might be my final time - restarting in lap 1 gets old pretty quick, prefer to go round and round :)

Yeah Nords would be a challenge, might have to try it :dunce:

Yes mate go for it, here's the video I remember making, sadly no HUD, but I remember the rears were bright red after the first sector alone! :lol: They went to jelly, although the car was still quite controllable still, surprisingly! They were the soft tyres to if I remember right.

My time, 1:26.436....Done on softs, and no TC.

Assetto Corsa.jpg

Hot rears...

Just to add everyone, I've this week found out something very difficult in my life.....I plan to keep running the TTs for the time being, but I need to see if I'm up to it. Hopefully so, as it will be a much needed distraction for me.

Results up on Sunday night.

The new Assetto Corsa TT is...

The Alfa Romeo Stradale 33 At Zandvoort!!

alfaromeo33stradale-apertura.jpg

1200px-Circuit_Park_Zandvoort-1999.svg.png

Conditions:

Time: 15:00h
Weather: Mid Clear
Temp: 24C
Track Condition: Optimum

To be done in "Hot Lap" mode using the above conditions, with stock setup, factory settings and 0% Stability Control, although you can adjust tyre compound, Traction Control setting if the car has the feature, fuel level, and brake pressure. Post an in game screenshot of your time here for it to count. This TT will run until next Sunday night, the 14th of June, good luck! ;)

And to repeat, TC can be adjusted, car applicable!

Mine was 1:26.705, @HammyMansell !

I did take it for a spin round the ring - maybe I didn't push hard enough, but didn't have any problem with the tyre burning up :) Got a 6:57.7, good for 12th out of 37 on RSR, not bad but 11 seconds off the best! I'm sure a bit more could be found with tweaking tyre pressures and a tune. I did notice though that a few of the fast times on there are set with a cold track, like 14° - less grip but more power? I'm not sure to what extent AC models those things. Anyway, it is a really nice car to take round there :)

Mine was 1:26.705, @HammyMansell !

I did take it for a spin round the ring - maybe I didn't push hard enough, but didn't have any problem with the tyre burning up :) Got a 6:57.7, good for 12th out of 37 on RSR, not bad but 11 seconds off the best! I'm sure a bit more could be found with tweaking tyre pressures and a tune. I did notice though that a few of the fast times on there are set with a cold track, like 14° - less grip but more power? I'm not sure to what extent AC models those things. Anyway, it is a really nice car to take round there :)

Sorry mate, you're time amended too....Oh dear.:indiff:

And yes, the Lotus is good fun around Nords, particularly the second half of the lap, a roller coaster!

Hi everyone,

Sadly, due to big imminent changes in my life, I've put all my stuff up for sale, so won't be taking part in any more TTs for the time being at least, but I hope to run the TTs until early September time, before I'll have to leave them for a while. I will miss competing against you fellow CRAPpers, but once settled again, I will hope to be back as soon as possible,

Sad to sell my PS4, a machine I had so much enjoyment playing on PCARS1 in 2015 and 2016 with many of you in the group, that black machine allowed me to have so many laughs with some of you, some the best gaming moments I've shared, and more recently with the TTs too. But as mentioned, I hope to be back soon.

I hope you all continue to enjoy the TT combos over the next few weeks.....

Take care everyone, and stay safe.

HammyMansell.

Lovely car to drive. You can just about hang on to some of the corners with full throttle if you get the entry right which is nice.

1:58.909

Attachments

• 19689520-ad98-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42.jpg
    19689520-ad98-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 10
Thanks @Outspacer, difficult times, having to hang around where I am until the start of September, when flights start up again, let's hope it passes quickly....

Here are the results of the Assetto Corsa TT in the Alfa Stradale 33 at Zandvoort...

@Outspacer 1:58.580

@nosoks 1:58.836

@John G 1:58.909

@tgk1971 2:00.676

Well done as always to those of you that competed in the TT, and good job OutSpacer, you win this one. The new TT is coming up!

The new CRAP Assetto Corsa TT is.....

The Maserati 250F T2 12C At Monza!!!​

Maserati-250F-T2--V12--15508.jpg

MonzaGP10.338442404079e95892772ec79cc64836.png

Conditions:

Time: 11:00h
Weather: Mid Clear
Temp: 27C

To be done in "Hot Lap" mode using the above conditions, with stock setup, factory settings and 0% Stability Control, although you can adjust tyre compound, Traction Control setting if the car has the feature, fuel level, and brake pressure. Post an in game screenshot of your time here for it to count. This TT will run until next Sunday night, the 21st of June, good luck! ;)

Sadly not going to get any time for this weeks trial, tho i do enjoy the maser - but its definitely of its time, does not fare well on modern circuits where you need to brake!

Last edited:
Here are the results of the Assetto Corsa TT in the Maserati 250f t2 12c at Monza...

@nosoks 2:18.318

@Outspacer 2:18.533

Well done to those of you that had a go at the TT, and well done nosoks, you win this time around.....The new time trial is coming up.

The new CRAP Assetto Corsa TT is.....

The Ferrari Ferrari-330-P4 At Imola!!!

Ferrari-330-p4.jpg

Imola_2009.svg.png

Conditions:

Time: 13:00h
Weather: Clear
Temp: 24C

To be done in "Hot Lap" mode using the above conditions, with stock setup, factory settings and 0% Stability Control, although you can adjust tyre compound, Traction Control setting if the car has the feature, fuel level, and brake pressure. Post an in game screenshot of your time here for it to count. This TT will run until next Sunday night, the 28th of June, good luck! ;)

Back