CRAP Club Assetto Corsa Time Trials!! - New TTs, Sometime In The Future!!

My initial go too:

35834415_10216837623754157_6856074818798747648_n.jpg

1:29.202 so far, low grip surprisingly, but fun....I used the softs, maybe mediums are faster.....

Last edited:
Back from running the car at the wrong track. Please forgive me, I've apparently been bitten with an Imola bug. The flu-like symptoms of running any car I can think of at that track is starting to fade, and I was finally able to get some seat time at Red Bull Ring with the Porsche 911 GT1. I like this car.

This isn't initial, but it's not going to be my final time. I feel I can get into the 1:30's because I have a lot of things I can do to clean up my lap times.

1:31.907

42931187732_4307f72594_o.png

The only thing different is, this was done before going to work. So I have fresh senses and absolutely no distractions. I might have to start getting up at the crack of dawn to set times, from now on? Maybe not, I like to sleep in.

I tried to improve my time by using a familiar wheel, the G29.

After using the T-GT for half a year, it felt twitchy. On top of that, the folding stand that I used wouldn't hold everything steady and my time was 3 seconds too slow. It's just not going to happen, so I bowed out.

I tried to improve my time by using a familiar wheel, the G29.

After using the T-GT for half a year, it felt twitchy. On top of that, the folding stand that I used wouldn't hold everything steady and my time was 3 seconds too slow. It's just not going to happen, so I bowed out.
I know it's not in this thread's topic, but I feel secure in here with @HammyMansell running this thread ;) so I'll ask: so the T-GT made you a faster/better driver?! That's interesting! I've seen many people say the opposite!
Could you care to provide us some deep review/comparison between the two?! Differences?! Similarities?! What makes each better or worse?!?
Thank you.

Guys while i'll still be running the AC TTs, i won't be taking part in them so often now....I'm just not enjoying the game at the moment, i know some will laugh, but after playing PCARS 2, and more for its tyre model, AC just feels "hard" and "stiff" in terms of its feel, and grip, like this current Porsche event for example.....It feels like it has wheels made from cement! :lol:

I'll surprise you with some appearances in the TTs, but it won't be each event. Keep going for it all of you, i'll still be updating here as always! ;)

Edit: Feel free to suggest combos you would like to do also, ideas are always welcome. ;)

Last edited:
I totally get what you mean @HammyMansell - AC just feels like hard work a lot of the time - maybe it is the most realistic of them all, but without the information you'd get from driving a real car, G-Forces, slippage, bumps that are not transmitted through the steering wheel etc, it does feel like walking on egg shells.

Nevertheless I'll still I'll still take part when time allows - mainly because I enjoy the challenge, and can afford a new display should it ever meet with a premature demise ;)

I totally get what you mean @HammyMansell - AC just feels like hard work a lot of the time - maybe it is the most realistic of them all, but without the information you'd get from driving a real car, G-Forces, slippage, bumps that are not transmitted through the steering wheel etc, it does feel like walking on egg shells.

Nevertheless I'll still I'll still take part when time allows - mainly because I enjoy the challenge, and can afford a new display should it ever meet with a premature demise ;)

Yes mate exactly, I'm just not feeling it at the moment, and also i have other games I want to dedicate myself too also.

Don't punch that display, ever.....Whatever you do lol. ;)

Yes I agree it seems over-hard sometimes! I don't mean "stiff" by hard, I mean actually hard to play and master.
I get that this "may" (or may not) be more realistic.

What I don't agree with you is on the feeling. I get way more feedback and feeling of what the car is doing in AC, or the tires, more than any other game.
It could be me, but scanning the forums in here, it seems the majority agree with me on this one.

Oh and BTW I was finally able to see the beauty of PC2. It really relieves me. I finally got a 4k TV.
On my previous FHD TV, AC looked way cleaner in terms of graphics quality/fidelity. PC2 looked horrendous.
Now on this 4k TV, PC2 looks amazing and clear/clean! AC still looks the same, so I think PC2 looks better now!

Yes I agree it seems over-hard sometimes! I don't mean "stiff" by hard, I mean actually hard to play and master.

What I don't agree with you is on the feeling. I get way more feedback and feeling of what the car is doing in AC, or the tires, more than any other game.
It could be me, but scanning the forums in here, it seems the majority agree with me on this one.

+1
I'm seeing and feeling lots of improvement from pCars these days

It would be interesting to know what wheels and settings we're all using, because that's something that I just don't get from AC. Sure I feel the bumps and the curbs, but the thing that really tells me what's going on with the car is the self aligning torque, and that's just not happening for me in any meaningful way in AC

So, for me I'm using a G29 and the FFB settings in AC are:

FFB - 75%
Curb - 40%
Road - 40%
Slip - 10%
Understeer - OFF

It would be interesting to know what wheels and settings we're all using, because that's something that I just don't get from AC. Sure I feel the bumps and the curbs, but the thing that really tells me what's going on with the car is the self aligning torque, and that's just not happening for me in any meaningful way in AC

FFB - 75%
Curb - 40%
Road - 40%
Slip - 10%
Understeer - OFF

Yes Slapped I'm on a TM T150, settings the same as you, apart from FFB, much less for me, around 30% i have, and it still feels heavy.

But with what i was saying before. It might be down to driving style too.....I like to feel a car "on the nose", a responsive front end, that you can lean on and push....But if I try that way of driving on AC, the tyres just squeal, and it understeers like crazy......Not that I'm saying that AC is no good, the FFB and handling physics overall is the best, and you can race like a robot, or drift like a loonie if you wish. It just feels too hard for me in terms of feeling, there's no flex in the tyre, and that's where PCARS 2 excels, that's widely acknowledged too that PCARS has the better tyre model. Of course we all have different opinions, that's to be expected as for sure we all look for something different in the feel of the game.

Remember we finish tonight everyone, results up later. :)

FFB - 75%
Curb - 40%
Road - 40%
Slip - 10%
Understeer - OFF

I'm also on the G29, I use on AC:
FFB - 75%
Curb - 0%
Road - 0%
Slip - 0%
Understeer - OFF
This gives pure FFB like the way Kunos recommends.

I reckon it's also close to the RAW feature of PC2, where I managed to reach these settings, that gives me the nearest feeling to AC:
Flavour - RAW
Gain - 90%
Volume - 33%
Tone - 75%
FX - 33%

I'm on PC, and I haven't touched the Xbox version since building my rig. So the settings I use are a tiny bit different.

Wheel - Fanatec CSR & CSR Pedals (Non Loadcell set).

FFB Gain - 100%
Filter - 0%
Minimum Force Feedback - 0%
Kerb - 0% +25%
Road - 0% +30%
Slip - 0% +12%
ABS - 0%

Steering settings
Gamma - 1.00
Filter - 0.00
Speed Sensitivity - 0.00

Pedal Settings
Brake Gamma - 2.31 +1.19 (3.50)

Additional
Enhanced Understeer - On
Combine with Keyboard Input - On
Half FFB Update rate - Off.

Believe it or not, with these settings AC is still easy for me to get a feel for. It's way more communicative than Forza 7, and R3E. And it does a better job of telling me something than PCARS 1's wall of torque. But looking at these settings has me thinking that I can probably find some feel in the sim through tweaking the settings. My problem is, I don't know what I would be looking for. Also the main reason I don't tune at all.

:Edit:

After thinking about how little I feel, because I didn't feel when the tires locked up, nor did I feel when I put a tire on the rumble strips and also, I always felt like I had to be a touch too light on the brakes, I made some adjustments. I changed my list to reflect that.

It makes a difference. A immediately noticeable difference, especially with the braking. Now I have to figure out a way to get a tactile feel in the pedal. I'm going to have to get a loadcell pedal set, that's about all that can be done.

Brake aside, there's more tweaking to do, but it helps a lot.

:Edit 2:

One thing to note, I am using a Mod App that eliminates clipping. That's why my FFB gain is at 100%. Before I used the App, I ran the FFB Gain at 63%. And even there, I was clipping a lot.

Last edited:
I know it's not in this thread's topic, but I feel secure in here with @HammyMansell running this thread ;) so I'll ask: so the T-GT made you a faster/better driver?! That's interesting! I've seen many people say the opposite!
Could you care to provide us some deep review/comparison between the two?! Differences?! Similarities?! What makes each better or worse?!?
Thank you.

Here is my T-GT review.

One of my problems with setting up the G29 again was that the folding wheelstand couldn't keep the pedals in place properly. I am sure that cost me some time.

Well done @Dopplegagger good effort, and yes chaps, maybe i need to fiddle around with the settings of the FFB etc, i did actually lose the settings on all the games when i lost my PSN account for a few days back in April. Maybe i need to tweak it.

A late time from @SpaceBreed via Fartbonk

35058296_10209480026275956_5595264160918142976_n.jpg

1:30,122

Here's the results of the Porsche 911 GT1 TT:

@nosoks 1:28.594

@MasterGT 1:28.603

@Georgeagea 1:28.819

@HammyMansell 1:29.202

@SpaceBreed 1:30,122

@Dopplegagger 1:30.459

@Slapped 1:32.198

What a close finish at the top there, 2 tenths more or less covering 1st to 3rd.....Well done @nosoks good on you mate! The next Assetto Corsa TT will be from next Monday, the 2nd of July. ;)

The new CRAP AC TT is:

The Lamborghini Miura At Mugello!!

72-lamborghini-miura-1.jpg

mugello-race-track.jpg

Conditions:

Time: 17:00h
Weather: Clear
Temp: 26C
Track Condition: Optimum

To be done in "Hot Lap" mode using the above conditions, with stock setup, factory settings and 0% Stability Control, although you can adjust tyre compound, fuel and brake pressure. Post an in game screenshot of your time for it to count. This TT will end on next Friday night, the 6th of July, good luck! ;)

Back