CRAP Club Assetto Corsa Time Trials!! - New TTs, Sometime In The Future!!

Go for it mate, I hope you can break into those '22s!!!

I'm trying! First I improved by 3 thousandths to 2:23.631, then by 2 hundredths to 2:23.611... I was almost ready to give up :banghead:
But then I found some tenths, although not enough to beat you...

2:23.173

crap20190125-4.jpg

And my theoretical? 2:23.001 :yuck::lol::(

Last edited:
I'm trying! First I improved by 3 thousandths to 2:23.631, then by 2 hundredths to 2:23.611... I was almost ready to give up :banghead:
But then I found some tenths, although not enough to beat you...

2:23.173

View attachment 794866

And my theoretical? 2:23.001 :yuck::lol::(

Haha well done mate, now that's close!!! You're giving me inspiration to try and get into the '22s!!! Great time man! ;)

2:25.142 will have to do this time. I'm ticked off because i was 3/4 sec up on that after getting thru Eau Rouge just right before i stacked it at the bottom of the hill. Was unable to recreate that line thru eau rouge again..... oh well

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1548383105042.jpg
    FB_IMG_1548383105042.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 7
It's really hard to get the tyres behaving themselves, and really the only way to find out if they are is if it doesn't understeer or spin off! It seems to take (me) a few laps to get them stable, but then they can feel almost magical - of course that might just be all in my head, as I tune into them.

Anyway, I cracked it @HammyMansell, and quite nicely too :D

2:22.662

crap20190125-5.jpg

Last edited:
I like the pad controls in AC than in PC2. I fiddled with both, yet PC2 is still too titchy and most of the cars don't want to turn. In AC it is perfect for me.

That's interesting, I'm exactly the opposite - for me pC2 has it almost perfect, I just need to turn the speed sensitivity down from default. AC I've never been able to get along with. Any chance you could share your AC pad settings?

It's really hard to get the tyres behaving themselves, and really the only way to find out if they are is if it doesn't understeer or spin off! It seems to take (me) a few laps to get them stable, but then they can feel almost magical - of course that might just be all in my head, as I tune into them.

Anyway, I cracked it @HammyMansell, and quite nicely too :D

2:22.662

View attachment 795134

giphy.gif

Well done mate, that's excellent!!! Very well done indeed!! ;)

Edit: It's just struck me, the AC TT this week is a modern day combo of what the next PCARS 2 TT will be........But hush hush for now! ;)

Last edited:
View attachment 795215

Someone better wipe this smile off my face before I get too cocky :P You have until midnight! Thanks mate, I was just so relieved that I didn't spin coming out of the final chicane - that's my favourite way to throw a Spa lap in the bin! :lol:
Congrats!! You did a great time!!! Running in SPA It´s not enjoyable... Crossing Les Combes or Pouhon may be tricky, but the feeling is... terrible!
Again... congratulations!

Congrats!! You did a great time!!! Running in SPA It´s not enjoyable... Crossing Les Combes or Pouhon may be tricky, but the feeling is... terrible!
Again... congratulations!

Cheers :cheers:

Do you mean this car, or Spa in general? I'd agree that this car has a certain way it likes to get round corners - with some throttle on and the rear slightly sliding, which compensates for the understeer - and anything else feels quite... I dunno, clumsy?... especially through those sweeping corners you mention. A setup can help a bit with it (although we can't in this TT) - I needed one to get gold in the Zandvoort special event hotlap, and it still took a lot of laps to beat it by less than a tenth!

Last edited:
View attachment 795215

Someone better wipe this smile off my face before I get too cocky :P You have until midnight! Thanks mate, I was just so relieved that I didn't spin coming out of the final chicane - that's my favourite way to throw a Spa lap in the bin! :lol:

Haha I won't be able to go again mate, so it looks like you've got this one in the bag! You've still got a nervy few hours to go yet though, too lol! ;) And I get you with the Bus Stop final chicane, always a case of brake too late, or too early!

And yeah @speedy10, Spa isn't fun in an understeering car, with those long sweeps and chicanes. But get a car with a bit of grunt, and good turn in, and it's a blast!! :D

Cheers :cheers:

Do you mean this car, or Spa in general? I'd agree that this car has a certain way it likes to get round corners - with some throttle on and the rear slightly sliding, which compensates for the understeer - and anything else feels quite... I dunno, clumsy?... especially through those sweeping corners you mention. A setup can help a bit with it (although we can't in this TT) - I needed one to get gold in the Zandvoort special event hotlap, and it still took a lot of laps to beat it by less than a tenth!
I mean with this car... i jumped into ferrari f1 and sensations were... wow

Here are the results of the AC TT in the Porsche 2017 Cup Car at Spa:

@Outspacer 2:22.662

@HammyMansell 2:23.012

@Georgeagea 2:23.931

@speedy10 2.24.580

@nosoks 2:25.142

@doblocruiser 2:26:116

@SpaceBreed 2:26.869

@Mirror_man 2:27.270

@Fall Guy 2:27.325

@Dopplegagger 2:27.668

@andrew1990 2:28.067

@gregc 2:28.298

@Dobermann92 2:29.687

Very well done to you @Outspacer, a great time and win! And of course, well done to you all for giving the TT a go too, and great numbers taking part at the moment, let's keep that going for the next TT, which will start from next Saturday, the 2nd of February!! ;) On now to the PCARS 2 TT here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-rsr-2-8-at-spa-francorchamps-classic.377369/

Last edited:
That's interesting, I'm exactly the opposite - for me pC2 has it almost perfect, I just need to turn the speed sensitivity down from default. AC I've never been able to get along with. Any chance you could share your AC pad settings?

In AC I use this:

Speed Sensitivity: 75%
Steering Speed: 100%
Gamma: 2.2
Filter: 0.85
Deadzone: 0.05
Rumble: 80%

In PC2 I use this:

Steering Deadzone: 5%
Sensitivity: 95%
Throttle Deadzone: 0%
Sensitivity: 5%
Brake Deadzone: 0%
Sensitivity: 5%
I use automatic clutch, so Clutch settings aren't important.
Speed Sensitivity: 95%
Controller Damping: 80%
Controller Vibration: 100%
Minimum Shift Time: 0%

I have hard time feeling any change if it is less than 5% so if I change something I'll always change it by 5% at a time.
Can you share your settings please? :)

My first win in the AC TT woohoo! I don't care if it was only because Hammy didn't get his infamous last minute run in :P

Nice job out pacing everyone @Outspacer.

I don't know how you guys up front do it, but I aim to find out and do it myself someday.

I'm not really sure either, TBH, although I've been into driving games for over 30 years (with some very big gaps) and got my first wheel about 25 years ago!! The combination of AC's hotlap gold times being set pretty hard and my determination to beat them certainly helps - a lot of my time in AC has been spent knuckling down to tackle those track by track, rather than jumping around trying out lots of cars, and I think that I've learnt more that way :)

My first win in the AC TT woohoo! I don't care if it was only because Hammy didn't get his infamous last minute run in :P

I'm not really sure either, TBH, although I've been into driving games for over 30 years (with some very big gaps) and got my first wheel about 25 years ago!! The combination of AC's hotlap gold times being set pretty hard and my determination to beat them certainly helps - a lot of my time in AC has been spent knuckling down to tackle those track by track, rather than jumping around trying out lots of cars, and I think that I've learnt more that way :)

Then that is the path I will take. It always bothered me that I can't seem to get bronze in any of the Hot Lap challenges. I'm going to do something about that! Thanks for the advice.

While everyone is busy with the sim I don't have (P Cars 2. And it's due to not wanting to spend +$60 USD for the all included package, not anything against the sim), I will get started with the challenges. First up... Beating the driver who shall not be named. Although, I think this is an achievement and not an official challenge. Either way I will be spending time in a Ferrari at Imola. Hammy, don't get no ideas from what I just wrote. I forbid you! :)

Last edited:
Then that is the path I will take. It always bothered me that I can't seem to get bronze in any of the Hot Lap challenges. I'm going to do something about that! Thanks for the advice.

While everyone is busy with the sim I don't have (P Cars 2. And it's due to not wanting to spend +$60 USD for the all included package, not anything against the sim), I will get started with the challenges. First up... Beating the driver who shall not be named. Although, I think this is an achievement and not an official challenge. Either way I will be spending time in a Ferrari at Imola. Hammy, don't get no ideas from what I just wrote. I forbid you! :)

You don't need to spend that many USD. You can get it (including the Japanese Pack too) for 30 euros (~35$) here:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/project-cars-2-deluxe-edition?hmb_source=search_bar

It is 100% legit. I got most of my games either from here or from Steam Sales (in which PC2 is usually around 30-35 euros too) and I got no problem activating the keys or with the transaction.

The base game is on sale too, but I think the DLCs add so much value to the game that they were a must have for me.

Back