CRAP Club Assetto Corsa Time Trials!! - New TTs, Sometime In The Future!!

In AC I use this:

Speed Sensitivity: 75%
Steering Speed: 100%
Gamma: 2.2
Filter: 0.85
Deadzone: 0.05
Rumble: 80%

In PC2 I use this:

Steering Deadzone: 5%
Sensitivity: 95%
Throttle Deadzone: 0%
Sensitivity: 5%
Brake Deadzone: 0%
Sensitivity: 5%
I use automatic clutch, so Clutch settings aren't important.
Speed Sensitivity: 95%
Controller Damping: 80%
Controller Vibration: 100%
Minimum Shift Time: 0%

I have hard time feeling any change if it is less than 5% so if I change something I'll always change it by 5% at a time.
Can you share your settings please? :)

Thanks mate 👍 - I'll try your AC settings when the next TT comes around :)

No point sharing my AC settings at the moment - I dicked about with them so much during this TT that they're all over the place at the moment :lol:

For pC2 mine are basically default (I think - I don't remember ever messing with them) except for speed sensitivity and vibration (I'm using a 360 controller btw):

Steering Deadzone: 7
Steering Sensitivity: 17
Throttle Deadzone: 10
Throttle Sensitivity: 30
Brake Deadzone: 10
Brake Sensitivity: 75
Clutch settings also irrelevant for me :)
Speed Sensitivity: 70/75/80 depending on the car - for the RSR 2.8 at old Spa I have it at 70
Controller Damping: 67
Controller Vibration: 75
Minimum Shift Time: 0

For the Speed Sensitivity I start at 80 with a car I'm not familiar with, I can usually tell within 2-3 laps if it needs turning down.

Thanks mate 👍 - I'll try your AC settings when the next TT comes around :)

No point sharing my AC settings at the moment - I dicked about with them so much during this TT that they're all over the place at the moment :lol:

For pC2 mine are basically default (I think - I don't remember ever messing with them) except for speed sensitivity and vibration (I'm using a 360 controller btw):

Steering Deadzone: 7
Steering Sensitivity: 17
Throttle Deadzone: 10
Throttle Sensitivity: 30
Brake Deadzone: 10
Brake Sensitivity: 75
Clutch settings also irrelevant for me :)
Speed Sensitivity: 70/75/80 depending on the car - for the RSR 2.8 at old Spa I have it at 70
Controller Damping: 67
Controller Vibration: 75
Minimum Shift Time: 0

For the Speed Sensitivity I start at 80 with a car I'm not familiar with, I can usually tell within 2-3 laps if it needs turning down.

Thanks for sharing. I found the PC2 base settings nearly unplayable but I guess it is depending on the driving style. I like the steering sensitivity to be high because I found it that I can catch my spins more easily with it. 75 Brake sensitivity is too much for me, I cannot be that smooth without almost always locking my wheels :D
My PC2 setting is a bit too twitchy (especially with the loose setup) so I have to adjust my setup (which I can't do in this TT) a bit for each car, but I need this for driving consistently because of the high possibility of spins. In AC I'm worse catching spins, but I can drive much more consistently on the limit of the car.

You don't need to spend that many USD. You can get it (including the Japanese Pack too) for 30 euros (~35$) here:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/project-cars-2-deluxe-edition?hmb_source=search_bar

It is 100% legit. I got most of my games either from here or from Steam Sales (in which PC2 is usually around 30-35 euros too) and I got no problem activating the keys or with the transaction.

The base game is on sale too, but I think the DLCs add so much value to the game that they were a must have for me.

Looks like a stealth purchase is about to happen at the Dopplegagger household. Thanks for the tip.

Then that is the path I will take. It always bothered me that I can't seem to get bronze in any of the Hot Lap challenges. I'm going to do something about that! Thanks for the advice.

Back when I was on PS4 I'd be happy with bronze on most of them, but I was just picking them at random and seeing how well I did. Not really putting in an effort. On PC I decided that if other people could do gold then so could I, and I'd just have to learn how! The way I see it is that the variety of cars in AC might be terrible for race series, but it's fantastic for hotlapping and teaching us each car's quirks. Most combos offer something to learn.

Many of the target times are set 'reasonably' (tough, but possible), although it does vary a lot. Take (modern) Monza for example. There's the Gallardo which is set pretty easy, then there's the Huracan GT3 and the 599XX EVO which are set quite fairly, but then the Moby Dick lap is very, very hard. If you look on RSR Live Timing it's quite easy to see how hard any hotlap is by looking at the chart at the bottom of each page - for the Gallardo at Monza there's a huge pile of people who got gold and the peaks for silver and bronze are very small, vs Moby Dick where the bronze peak is bigger than the gold and very few went much faster than gold!

I try to do the special events with just lowering fuel and tweaking tyre pressures, maybe adjusting TC level and aero. A few have needed more setup, but not many, thankfully! :)

The new CRAP Assetto Corsa TT is:

The Lotus 3 Eleven At Red Bull Ring National!!

1-lotus-3-eleven-430-2018-review-ot-front.jpg

RedBullRingShort11.f61f25b2a451cdca638f133c05cf284d.png

Conditions:

Time: 17:00h
Weather: Clear
Temp: 24C
Track Condition: Optimum

To be done in "Hot Lap" mode using the above conditions, with stock setup, factory settings and 0% Stability Control, although you can adjust tyre compound, Traction Control setting if the car has the feature, fuel and brake pressure. Post an in game screenshot of your time for it to count. This TT will end next Friday night, the 8th of February, good luck! ;)

And to repeat, TC can be adjusted, car applicable!

Initial run. Just getting familiar with this version of Red Bull Ring and the 3 Eleven. In R3E that yellow Apex marker on the first turn (Castrol) is very nasty and to be avoided. In Assetto, you can take your chances but I've gotten better results avoiding it. Sliding will come in handy with this combination.

:cool:

53:491

46043664465_220527cdfb_o.png

46043664345_0b0939c15c_o.png

I should be able to crack the 50 second mark easily, but I doubt I'll be on the verge of breaking into the 30's.

- Edit - Cleaning house on Flickr. Some prior pictures will become borked.

I really don't like the way the car drives and I can't get confident with it and I find it very very difficult to search its limit. I did some laps though. Will post screenie later.

That's not a bad time @doblocruiser . The car does feel intimidating. My initial run was just getting a feel for the car, and it didn't give me a lot of confidence compared to the GT3 Mercedes GTS I ran while trying the course on R3E. But it can put some good times down. That's for certain

That's not a bad time @doblocruiser . The car does feel intimidating. My initial run was just getting a feel for the car, and it didn't give me a lot of confidence compared to the GT3 Mercedes GTS I ran while trying the course on R3E. But it can put some good times down. That's for certain

I agree with you there. The car is capable of great times but I simply don't get along with it. I've the feeling the car doesn't make up its mind if it wants to under or oversteer and that makes me uncomfortable. Also I don't get braking right with the car. Braking at the same spot results in different outcomes which makes pushing complicated. Probably Lotus and me don't match up that well :lol:

Can anyone have a go at this? I’ve just got AC on PS4 after getting a wheel so my first proper sim really.

Had a quick go tonight, first time in this car (hardly driven any yet) feels really good once you get dialed in so much fun, rotation is really good.

Managed a 51.053 after a few laps, not sure how to get a screenshot up though!

Can anyone have a go at this? I’ve just got AC on PS4 after getting a wheel so my first proper sim really.

Had a quick go tonight, first time in this car (hardly driven any yet) feels really good once you get dialed in so much fun, rotation is really good.

Managed a 51.053 after a few laps, not sure how to get a screenshot up though!

Hi @Venster, of course you can mate, welcome the CRAP TTs, and you can try as much as you want. If you hadn't seen already in the TT announcement post above, use the conditions given using a stock car setup, but you can adjust fuel level, brake pressure and tyre compound too.....And Traction Control can be adjusted also.

To upload a screenshot, use the Share button on the PS4 to save the image, I do that, and upload it to Facebook myself, and then upload it here. Or more simply, take a photo of the tv screen with your phone, showing the conditions on the left, and likewise upload it here.

Nice time so far, keep going!! ;)

Hi @Venster, of course you can mate, welcome the CRAP TTs, and you can try as much as you want. If you hadn't seen already in the TT announcement post above, use the conditions given using a stock car setup, but you can adjust fuel level, brake pressure and tyre compound too.....And Traction Control can be adjusted also.

To upload a screenshot, use the Share button on the PS4 to save the image, I do that, and upload it to Facebook myself, and then upload it here. Or more simply, take a photo of the tv screen with your phone, showing the conditions on the left, and likewise upload it here.

Nice time so far, keep going!! ;)

Thanks I just adjusted fuel, traction control and abs on factory I think, is that off? Can’t see TC flashing so I’m guessing off?

Annoyingly the lap previous I was on for a mid to high 50 but I got greedy on the last two turns ....... :banghead:

Thanks I just adjusted fuel, traction control and abs on factory I think, is that off? Can’t see TC flashing so I’m guessing off?

Annoyingly the lap previous I was on for a mid to high 50 but I got greedy on the last two turns ....... :banghead:

Yes mate, if it doesn't flash "tc" in the bottom right corner when had on the gas in a low gear, I'd assume that it was off. When you change the TC when driving, it should pop up for a second or two in the top-middle of the screen in black and white.

Wow... you did it really well!! congrats!! You broke 51 secs!!!

Thanks amigo! I think there might be a bit more time there still.....The slow right/left after the tight right turn 2 are key....A tricky little course really.

Last edited:
So much fun doing these trials during track day mode in CM. With some appropriate street class cars it becomes really difficult to do a good hotlap, moving through the traffic since the track is so tiny. Much recommended to give it a try by yourselves.

I believe factory TC is 1. You can doublecheck in setup under the electronics tab

oh, and welcome

Last edited:
Back