CRAP Club PCARS 2 Time Trials - Thanks for taking part everyone, we will return one day!

- spreadsheet says a certain Hamster won it :)

:dopey: :lol:

You might be quicker this time mate, that 1:32 Mugello lap is pretty swift if you ask me, I'm going to drink some Hamster juice to get within that!

Here's the results of the Formula Renault TT at Nords Combined:

@HammyMansell 7:26.144

@zaxs 7:30.982

@gregc 7:32.204

@SpaceBreed 7:49.171

@nosoks 7:59.957 (Mirrored time, like it!)

Well done to all of those that took part, the next PCARS 2 TT will be starting from the 7th of June.......And it'll be Road America me thinks, in something rough and brutal! :D

We'll have to run it again very soon in another TT mate, so you can enjoy it!! A non DLC track of course!! ;) We did a TT in 2018 at Nords in the car, the times were pretty close if I remember correctly, considering how long the lap is, good fun!

On the combiined circuit - spreadsheet says a certain Hamster won it :) Might be an interesting one to run again, though I have my own issues with the Nordschleife and wouldn't be fast :lol:

I found the times... I had a run with it just now to see how I stack up...

Oh boy. :eek:

6r8MBtT.png

For reference, that's 10 seconds faster than the next time with a stock setup. Used Loose and a lot of DRS.

I'm sorry if this sounds like bragging, but I love being so fast around this tough track. :D

6r8MBtT.png

For reference, that's 10 seconds faster than the next time with a stock setup. Used Loose and a lot of DRS.

I'm sorry if this sounds like bragging, but I love being so fast around this tough track. :D

Fair play dude, that's bloody quick! I'd be showing off a bit too lol!

I suck at the Nordschleife but I wouldn't say no to a rerun of that combo if Hammy fancies a proper challenge this time :P :D

6r8MBtT.png

Well, I did forget to mention that I did my lap in reverse, with one arm tied behind my back! :D

Well done mate! I saw on your YouTube channel the other week, that you lke Nords a little lol!

Gone a little quicker :D - now on a 1:31.882. Happy to be in the 31's, but the default setup and overall pad records are tantalisingly close.... You can go faster Hammy, I can feel one of your last minute runs coming on! This is a great combo, by the way...

20200511225351_1.jpg

Laptop wasn't playing ball with recording again when I did my best lap, but this one is only a couple of tenths off - there's still plenty to find with all those missed apexes!

Gone a little quicker :D - now on a 1:31.882. Happy to be in the 31's, but the default setup and overall pad records are tantalisingly close.... You can go faster Hammy, I can feel one of your last minute runs coming on! This is a great combo, by the way...

View attachment 919720

Laptop wasn't playing ball with recording again when I did my best lap, but this one is only a couple of tenths off - there's still plenty to find with all those missed apexes!

Well done mate, that's a great lap and time! I'll give it a bash tomorrow! ;)

You're going to kill me greg......

EX0i6D-WoAAygMt.jpg

1:31.859!! I couldn't remember what tenth of a sec you was on, and was convinced you had gone quicker....Opppsssss!! :lol:

Still struggling with my wheel setup a little bit, the car had big understeer when accelerating, need to fiddle with it more.

Results up in 4 hours or so, you've got time @gregc to nail those apexes and win this!! Go for it! ;)

Here's an off board lap...

Hello. 1::31.813.

My hands are killing me lol, and that was a scrappy lap, but I'll take it. There's another 2 or 3 tenths in there somewhere but that's all I've got right now!

View attachment 920067

My sloppy lap...

Well done mate, I knew you'd pinch it! ;) Haha

Here are the results of the PCARS 2 TT in the Formula Renault at Mugello......

@gregc 1:31.813 :D

@HammyMansell 1:31.859 :(

Well done to you all...Well me and greg, for having a go at the TT, and well done mate, you win the coconut this week! The new TT is coming up..... ;)

The new CRAP PCARS 2 TT is....

The Lotus 78 At Imola!!

Takuma_Sato_demonstrating_Lotus_78_2010_Japan.jpg

Imola_2009.svg.png

Conditions:

To be done in “Time Trial” mode using stock setup on "loose", "Stable" or "OEM" (If available). (if you have a saved setup for this combo, please return it to “default” before trying, as times with the “setup used” symbol will show in the in game timing screen, and won’t be counted!) You can use driver aids if you wish! Post an in game screen shot of your time and post it here for it to count, Good luck!! ;)

This TT will run until next Tuesday night, the 19th of May, good luck!

Play, and stay safe! ;)

1:37.823 - Loose

Fun car! Easy to catch when it starts to slide... You really gotta throw it around to set a fast time. There's still time to be found.

z9yVDNT.png

(On another note, I took the Formula Renault around the Nordschleife yesterday...link's in the signature ;))

My initial first try, still not happy with my wheel setup, steering too sensitive whatever I do lol..

EYKcNMtWAAUqPBU.jpg

1:42.907 on stable......I'm going to fiddle with the wheel and see if I can get it to feel better.....With some cars it feels great, on others not so good, and I remember when I had the game installed last time around, the 78 felt good.

More time to find to be on Neko's crazy pace obviously lol! :D

My initial first try, still not happy with my wheel setup, steering too sensitive whatever I do lol..

View attachment 921196

1:42.907 on stable......I'm going to fiddle with the wheel and see if I can get it to feel better.....With some cars it feels great, on others not so good, and I remember when I had the game installed last time around, the 78 felt good.

More time to find to be on Neko's crazy pace obviously lol! :D

Well that makes me feel a little better lol, we're on about the same pace at the moment. Of course you'll now find multiple seconds over the next day or two....

Time to head back out on track again to see if I can get my head around this place! I mean I finally learned to love Mugello last week, you never know...

Edit - OK, so in fairness I found over a second tonight :lol: Still miles to go to catch Neko, but hey, progress :) 1:41.540. I still hate this place...

20200517001233_1.jpg

Last edited:
Well that makes me feel a little better lol, we're on about the same pace at the moment. Of course you'll now find multiple seconds over the next day or two....

Time to head back out on track again to see if I can get my head around this place! I mean I finally learned to love Mugello last week, you never know...

Edit - OK, so in fairness I found over a second tonight :lol: Still miles to go to catch Neko, but hey, progress :) 1:41.540. I still hate this place...

View attachment 921269

Haha well done mate.....I need to get confidence in the car, and have found a thread here for the T150 with a few different settings to try.....Hopefully one will suit me better for all cars in the game, not just a few. ;)

Haha well done mate.....I need to get confidence in the car, and have found a thread here for the T150 with a few different settings to try.....Hopefully one will suit me better for all cars in the game, not just a few. ;)
Here's my settings, just for reference:

HQN3wiE.png

(bearing in mind FFB strength is set to 75% in the Control Panel)

Lol, nothing special - just a G29 and a cheapo stand. Should.arrive Tuesday apparently.

We're going to be locked down to some extent for some time I think so I might as well get the most out of it. Also, my hands are hurting from so much time driving with the pad!

absolutely nothing wrong with the G29 bud..... enjoy.
Did you get the shifter too?

No - for some reason the bundle with the shifter had a delayed delivery date so I just went with the wheel & pedals.

And yeah, I know the G29 is perfectly fine and tbh I didn't want to spend a lot on something that might only get limited use once the world returns to normal. Plus I can always upgrade in the future if the need takes me (as a keen photographer I know all about Gear Acquisition Syndrome :lol:!)

1:36.000 - Loose

So I found nearly two seconds... I feel most of it is from staying in a higher gear through some corners. 3rd through Tamburello and Villeneuve, 2nd through Alta. The exit out of Alta is crucial. The sooner you hit the gas, the better. 3rd might even work through Acque Minerali, though I haven't tried it.

It's one of those cars where the gas pedal is a secondary steering wheel lol...a light press gives you understeer and full gives you oversteer.

q0KbRcT.png

@gregc Grats on the new wheel! :cheers:

Had another bash, determined to get closer than I was before, totally puzzled to be so slow lol....

EYZsKDMXgAc97S9.jpg

1:35.314.... on loose, after 2 hours of grinding!!!! :lol:

Used a combination of Neko's wheel settings - Gain and Tone at 80, not 100, as I was "juggling" the wheel down the straights with such strong ffb, which made the car unstable for me in the braking zones - Got a "lucky" power slide under braking, and drift around Tosa, which got me 1.5 secs up on my previous best at the time alone, and nailed Acque Minerali and both Rivazzas, but god knows how I did it!! :confused: :crazy: :lol:

My time doesn't show in the in game screens, as I'd done a time in the Formula Renault a while back, and that stands as my best in single seater class on PS4, a real pain all times can't be shown!

Results up soon guys, get any final times in!

Good going Mr H!

No new time from me, new toy (sorry, wheel!) arrived today and I've discovered I have to learn to drive all over again... Imola in the Lotus probably wasn't the ideal way to jump in and get my first proper FFB wheel time lol.

Be gentle with the next couple of events Hammy, I'm going to struggle!

Good going Mr H!

No new time from me, new toy (sorry, wheel!) arrived today and I've discovered I have to learn to drive all over again... Imola in the Lotus probably wasn't the ideal way to jump in and get my first proper FFB wheel time lol.

Be gentle with the next couple of events Hammy, I'm going to struggle!

Thanks mate, I had to push like mad for a long time to get near that time!! And yeah, the next TT is a "calmer" one lol!

Here are the results of the PCARS 2 TT in the Lotus 78 at Imola!!

@HammyMansell 1:35.314

@NekoPufferPPP 1:36.000

@gregc 1:41.540

Well done as always to those of you that had a try at the TT.....The next one is coming in a while. :)

The new CRAP PCARS 2 TT is....

The Porsche 991 GT3 R At Silverstone GP Circuit!!

maxresdefault.jpg

Silverstone_circuit.svg.png

Conditions:

To be done in “Time Trial” mode using stock setup on "loose", "Stable" or "OEM" (If available). (if you have a saved setup for this combo, please return it to “default” before trying, as times with the “setup used” symbol will show in the in game timing screen, and won’t be counted!) You can use driver aids if you wish! Post an in game screen shot of your time and post it here for it to count, Good luck!! ;)

This TT will run until next Tuesday night, the 26th of May, good luck!

Play, and stay safe! ;)

Back