CRAP Club PCARS 2 Time Trials - Thanks for taking part everyone, we will return one day!

01:03.027 - Loose

Wow, you guys are FAST! I've uploaded a video and would love to hear some feedback on my racing, to become even faster :D

EZDX69-XYAIhPiv

Well done with the time mate, remember you can try as much as you like! :)

As Neko says, just push as much as you can when possible.....Just build up to it each lap, going faster and faster, until you feel confident to really go for it! ;)

Well done @NekoPufferPPP also, great early time there, and yeah, loose is faster as usual lol!

Knuckled down and had a good long session on "loose".

Was hitting high to mid 1:01s, then nailed it, apart from a scrappy exit out of the Fosters hairpin, although carried good speed through the other corners, 1:00.909!

Project CARS 2_20200601115449.jpg

Outboard lap!

Results up tomorrow evening, Tuesday people! ;)

Feels like a bit of a pointless improvement but...

1:01.795 - Loose

HSyNPE9.png

@HammyMansell You are half a second faster in the 2nd sector than my best run in it... How?!? :lol: Where's that time hiding?

Edit: Found a tenth

1:01.679 - Loose

f3Vd83w.png

Last edited:
Feels like a bit of a pointless improvement but...

1:01.795 - Loose

HSyNPE9.png

@HammyMansell You are half a second faster in the 2nd sector than my best run in it... How?!? :lol: Where's that time hiding?

Edit: Found a tenth

1:01.679 - Loose

f3Vd83w.png

Haha yes @NekoPufferPPP, I think maybe that exit out of the tight right hairpin, where sector 2 starts from before it. I think for carrying so much speed on the exit, that I ran wide is where it was....I was really surprised the game didn't invalidate my time, seeing how tough PCARS 2 is with track limits in TT mode.

It was actually a mistake, the car had a slide out of the corner, and off onto the grass, lucky I guess in finding time there, and not getting the lap disallowed. Maybe that way it was a bit unfair.

I could go again with a "cleaner" lap if required.

I haven't been able to get near the PS4 today fellas, to redo my time......I will deduct 0.5secs from it for running wide, therefore gaining time, and the game not penalising it.....So my time is now a 1:01.409.

Results up a little later today guys.

I haven't been able to get near the PS4 today fellas, to redo my time......I will deduct 0.5secs from it for running wide, therefore gaining time, and the game not penalising it.....So my time is now a 1:01.409.

Results up a little later today guys.
I doubt you gained any time from that slide, it would've slowed you down, if anything... I feel the way you went through the first part of the corner was just very clean. The slowdown may have even caused you to enter the next corner more cleanly, allowing you to carry more speed. I kept attacking it at full throttle and always slid a little...didn't think it would be slower because it felt like I carried more speed through there by keeping the pedal down but...maybe I'm mistaken.

No need to penalize yourself! I may have ridden the grass on that next corner a bit too much too lol...finding these loopholes is part of the fun IMO.

I doubt you gained any time from that slide, it would've slowed you down, if anything... I feel the way you went through the first part of the corner was just very clean. The slowdown may have even caused you to enter the next corner more cleanly, allowing you to carry more speed. I kept attacking it at full throttle and always slid a little...didn't think it would be slower because it felt like I carried more speed through there by keeping the pedal down but...maybe I'm mistaken.

No need to penalize yourself! I may have ridden the grass on that next corner a bit too much too lol...finding these loopholes is part of the fun IMO.

You might have a point mate....As I mentioned last week, my best time at Oulton Fosters is in the Megane Trophy car, on an 58.7 I think it is.....From a TT contest in a Facebook PCARS 2 group a few months back....From doing that TT, I learnt how to attack the track, maybe that helped me. I've always been able to nail turn 1 also, the corner you hate lol.

You also notice in my video, though turn 2, the fast left down the hill (Cascades), I missed the apex, and went wider, sort of mid track, as that way you scrub off less speed through the corner, and are a little faster.

For a little track, it has its tricks.

Oulton Park is one of my favourite tracks also, so much fun!

I'm with Neko, no need to penalise yourself @HammyMansell - best I can tell you had 2 wheels on track all the time (just!), it's just that unusually it was the front or back 2, rather than one side :lol: Plus, I tend to the view that if the game allows it then it's fine - it's the same for all of us. I also love Oulton, every layout has something special. Up there with Brands and Knockhill for me. I'd love to be able to run the old layout without the chicanes, Knicker Brook would be quite a challenge coming up full throttle all the way from the hairpin!

For myself, I'm back on the pad for the time being. Only because with how warm my flat is at the moment my laptop really can't cope with driving the wheel and VR at the same time. Found a little time, now on a 1:02.239 (gotta love that extra thousandth you get on the leaderboard screen :lol:).

20200602223226_1.jpg

My lap...

Last edited:
Thanks @gregc, and yes mate it was marginal to say the least! :lol: And.....Talking of Brands Hatch....... ;)

Here are the results of the PCARS 2 TT in the Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 2.8 at Oulton Park Fosters...

@HammyMansell 1:00.909

@NekoPufferPPP 1:01.679

@gregc 1:02.239

@AvolA 1:03.027

Well done as always to those of you that had a go, and a tricky, but fun little combo that one. The next TT is coming up in a while! ;)

The new CRAP PCARS 2 TT is..

The 2012 BMW 320 TC Brand Hatch GP!!

2012 BMW 320 TC.jpg

Brands-HatchGP03.dfff6c704a8dbd267ca6dbe881f4c14b.png

Conditions:

To be done in “Time Trial” mode using stock setup on "loose", "Stable" or "OEM" (If available). (if you have a saved setup for this combo, please return it to “default” before trying, as times with the “setup used” symbol will show in the in game timing screen, and won’t be counted!) You can use driver aids if you wish! Post an in game screen shot of your time and post it here for it to count, Good luck!! ;)

This TT will run until next Tuesday night, the 9th of June, good luck!

Play, and stay safe! ;)

How the he... did you manage to do a 1:30.xxx :drool::crazy::confused:

Great speed there haha! This is my first attempt at a "fast" lap:

1:32.977 (stable)

EZm8SdvWkAUgqka

That's one hell of a tricky track haha. On loose i did go round the track in driftmode. Wasn't particular slower, but i really noticed i could go round T2 faster on stable setup. Loose setup was faster in T1, for some reason. Too bad i can't combine them :P Maybe if i have some more time later this week, ill try to come anywhere near a 1:31.xxx . 1:30.xxx is craaazy :crazy:

I'm watching GameRiot's video right now. :eek: I'm speechless, such a sudden announcement!

Apparently it's like the spiritual successor to Shift... When I saw the street racing bit I got a tear in my eye. I enjoyed NFS ProStreet so that's certainly a very welcome mode to have.

I literally got goosebumps from that first trailer haha. Wow, im excited!

Yes guys, a lot more arcadey the next game will be.

Yes guys, a lot more arcadey the next game will be.
Only by appearance. Ian says the handling is massively improved, input on pads transformed and FFB feels amazing.

Could be exaggerating a bit...and the "handling" bit is vague since he uses that term instead of "physics".

In another tweet questioning the arcadey-ness, he confirms it's the same physics model, upgraded. So no worries there I guess?

I have not touch my steering wheel since a year but with the Pcars 3 announcement, I will try this challenge !
When is the deadline ?

Edit: Tuesday Night June 9th.... I just had to read !

Last edited:
I really love the way how these Time-trials challenge me to bring out cars and tracks i've never driven/done before :D The other day i entered an online lobby where they were racing on Oulton. Because of the previous TT, i "knew" how to approach corners haha!

Back