CRAP Club PCARS 2 Time Trials - Thanks for taking part everyone, we will return one day!

Haha I'll be giving it a go before we end. I imagine there are some times on the PS4 TT screen, I'll update when I'm on. ;)

my time may or may not have saved. I don't care .... what a POS :D

I like it. I'm not very good with it, but I like it :lol:. Touring cars are my first love though!

In the interests of someone actually putting a time up, I'll kick off with a 1:44.880. I expect this to be well beaten...

20190809214503_1.jpg

Here are the results of the TT in the Renault Megane Touring Car at Dubai International.....

@gregc 1:44.100

WSPB_Manx 1:44.420

@Outspacer 1:45.044

@HammyMansell 1:45.880

@nosoks 1:46.500

Well done as always to those of you that gave it a go.......And well done veteran @gregc, you win the golden egg this week! The next CRAP PCARS 2 TT starts next Monday, the 19th of August, see you then!

The current CRAP Assetto Corsa TT is here and now live:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-570s-at-nurburgring-sprint-gt.377885/page-40

And the brand new CRAP GT Sport TT is also now live and here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...8-italia-gr-4-at-dragon-trail-seaside.389173/

The new CRAP PCARS 2 TT is:

The 1994 Nissan 300ZX IMSA GTS (GTO) At Bathurst!!

1994 Nissan 300ZX Le Mans GTS (GTO).jpg

1200px-Mount_Panorama_street_racing_circuit_in_Australia.svg.png

Conditions:

To be done in “Time Trial” mode using stock setup on "loose", "Stable" or "OEM" (If available). (if you have a saved setup for this combo, please return it to “default” before trying, as times with the “setup used” symbol will show in the in game timing screen, and won’t be counted!) You can use driver aids if you wish! Post an in game screen shot of your time and post it here for it to count, Good luck!! ;)

This TT will end next Sunday night, the 25th of August.

Last edited:
@HammyMansell bit of clarification needed - in the title it says the 300ZX LeMans, but the picture is of the IMSA version. Performance wise they're probably the same, but the defaults may be different. Which one are we running?

Hi mate, go with the IMSA version, that's the one I chose originally........ Oppsssss lol! Thanks for letting me know mate, I'll change the title of the TT, cheers! ;)

Hi PCARS CRAPpers, just a quick one to let you know that I won't be taking part in the PCARS 2 TTs for the moment, as I hardly play it nowadays, and in order to play other games, I've removed it from my PS4 for the time being.

No worries though, I'll still be running the TTs all the same!!

Happy lapping chaps! ;)

That's a shame, though I do get it - in my case I pretty much only fire up pCARS2 for these TT's now just because there's so much other good stuff happening in VR. Last weekend I played nothing but No Mans Sky, I have a feeling that's going to be taking over most of my gaming life for a good while.

Back to this TT - this car really is a beast. I've managed to get it under 2:10 after a couple of sessions, but that's way off the pace of the PC leaderboard. More practice, and throttle control, needed....

That's a shame, though I do get it - in my case I pretty much only fire up pCARS2 for these TT's now just because there's so much other good stuff happening in VR. Last weekend I played nothing but No Mans Sky, I have a feeling that's going to be taking over most of my gaming life for a good while.
I'm yet to try any non-racing game on my VR. Not even a single one. My hand controllers are still wrapped.
That's mainly for 2 reasons: I hate the wires tangling and hanging on and annoying the **** out of me (back from my experience with PSVR). And the fact that I don't have space at all.
Any good VR-seated games you tried?!

Hi PCARS CRAPpers, just a quick one to let you know that I won't be taking part in the PCARS 2 TTs for the moment, as I hardly play it nowadays, and in order to play other games, I've removed it from my PS4 for the time being.

No worries though, I'll still be running the TTs all the same!!

Happy lapping chaps! ;)

SLOW DOWN
10.0 Seconds

You'll be back ;)

Back to this TT - this car really is a beast. I've managed to get it under 2:10 after a couple of sessions, but that's way off the pace of the PC leaderboard. More practice, and throttle control, needed....

It is extrememly numb on the FFB, no help at all! Kinda feels like being inside an RC car as well, can imagine the plastic body twisting and flapping around :lol:

I'm yet to try any non-racing game on my VR. Not even a single one. My hand controllers are still wrapped.

Same here for my Rift controllers. Didn't buy any for my Index, and won't miss 'em.

That sad moment a simracer ditches a real simulation game that doesn't boast about it on its cover, for a simcade game (at best) that boasts about being a "real driving simulator" on its cover.

But yeah to each his own! Enjoy what you enjoy mate! 👍

Haha nooooooooooo mate.... No GT Sport in sight lol! :P I've got back into GTA5 online again, and the PS Plus games each month....my PS4 is the 500GB version, which is nothing now..... I should get an external HDD really......That's probably the solution. ;)

SLOW DOWN
10.0 Seconds

You'll be back ;)

Yeah man, I'll be back! ;)

Exactly mate, and No Man's Sky is a great game!

That's mainly for 2 reasons: I hate the wires tangling and hanging on and annoying the **** out of me (back from my experience with PSVR). And the fact that I don't have space at all.
Any good VR-seated games you tried?!

I know what you mean about the cables, that's why the Quest is such a game changer in my opinion.

In terms of good seated games - I'm playing No Mans Sky seated so there's one straight away. I was going to recommend Lone Echo but that's Oculus exclusive (absolutely outstanding game IMO), likewise Shadow Point. Obduction is good if you were ever a fan of Myst and it's sequels, I Expect You to Die is also a lot of fun. If you're into space then Universe Sandbox is amazing, though not so much a game as a universe simulator (ever wondered what would happen if you put tiny black hole in orbit around the Earth...). There's loads you can play seated, it's generally the more action oriented games that you need to be standing for.

Obviously for most people here at GTP the primary reason for getting VR is for driving, but I would really recommend spreading your wings a lttle further - there's some amazing stuff out there.

Aaaand back on topic.....

Talking of on topic - fair to say I'm not a fan of this car. Horrible driving position that makes it impossible to see where you're going - especially uphill. Not helpful at Bathurst... Add that to the unpredicatbility and this is not a fun drive for me. First time I've ever resorted to an external cam in VR, but I have at least got a time. Not a good time, but it is a time - 2:08.359

20190823214840_1.jpg

Unless I'm feeling particularly masochistic later in the weekend that's probably me done with this one.

Get any final times in here please CRAPpers, the TT ends in a few hours..... ;) You're looking good for the win this week @gregc ..... More so for the only one to set a time so far! :D

Here are the Results of the TT in the Nissan 300zx IMSA GTO at Bathurst...

@gregc 2:08.359

Well done @gregc, you comprehensively won that TT!! :lol: I'm sorry that no one else had a go..Well done anyway for giving it a go!

The next PCARS 2 TT will start next Monday, the 2nd of September.

Back