CRAP Club PCARS 2 Time Trials - Thanks for taking part everyone, we will return one day!

This is true. I can see where you could gain a couple of tenths fairly easily, and then it's just a few more I suppose!

T300 paddles. I have a G29 shifter (!), but I'm just not very good with the footwork. You?
If you have the shifter, it's really all down to blipping on the down shifts. You don't need a Clutch at all in pcars2 (sadly). Turn auto clutch off and try to get a feel for rev matching on downshifts. Once you get a feel for it, you'll gain loads of time.

Left foot brake, right foot throttle, manual shifts.

I bet you'd beat my time if you got the shifting right. And you don't even have to get it close, really, because there's so much room for error in the shifting mechanics in pcars2. You can get away with a lot of mishaps.

If you have the shifter, it's really all down to blipping on the down shifts. You don't need a Clutch at all in pcars2 (sadly). Turn auto clutch off and try to get a feel for rev matching on downshifts. Once you get a feel for it, you'll gain loads of time.

Left foot brake, right foot throttle, manual shifts.

I bet you'd beat my time if you got the shifting right. And you don't even have to get it close, really, because there's so much room for error in the shifting mechanics in pcars2. You can get away with a lot of mishaps.

OK, thanks, I'll have to give it a try. But you're right, it does almost sound like cheating if you don't need the clutch :(

On my lap in this TT I just let it hit the limiter before a corner or two, to avoid the shift, which doesn't seem to lose any time and keeps the car more stable.

I've only fooled around with the shifter in AC, mostly the stock GT86 on the Top Gear test track. I wasn't very good, but it was a lot of fun in VR :) Then I tried the Ferrari 312/67 and it wasn't forgiving, not at all!

Really good time @Outspacer, well done mate!

I had time for another quickish go:

43620135_10217784481505009_2636419344837378048_n.jpg

1:23.441....Fun stuff, I just wish I had more time at the moment to give the TTs more, loving attention lol!!

More times:

43527244_10217784488785191_3396794058499162112_n.jpg

MRC_ELCANGRI on a 1:23.380, @Georgeagea on a 1:23.437, @knukken on a 1:24.282, @nosoks on a 1:24.498, and @krsht3 on a 1:26.439!

The results will be up a bit later fellas!! Well done!

Edit: I believe there's 4 of us within a tenth of eachother for 2nd place, great! :D

Last edited:

I had time for another quickish go:

View attachment 771894

1:23.441....Fun stuff I just wish I had more time at the moment to give the TTs more, loving attention lol!!

More times:

View attachment 771895

MRC_ELCANGRI on a 1:23.380, @Georgeagea on a 1:23.437, @knukken on a 1:24.282, @nosoks on a 1:24.498, and @krsht3 on a 1:26.439!

The results will be up a bit later fellas!! Well done!

Three 🤬 thousandths :lol: :lol:

Nice one mate :cheers:

OK, thanks, I'll have to give it a try. But you're right, it does almost sound like cheating if you don't need the clutch :(

On my lap in this TT I just let it hit the limiter before a corner or two, to avoid the shift, which doesn't seem to lose any time and keeps the car more stable.

I've only fooled around with the shifter in AC, mostly the stock GT86 on the Top Gear test track. I wasn't very good, but it was a lot of fun in VR :) Then I tried the Ferrari 312/67 and it wasn't forgiving, not at all!
In some cars no Clutch is realistic as they'd have a Dogbox transmission. Most likely this car did in real life.

But seems to cut a corner, the pcars2 crew opted to more or less put a dogbox in every manual in the game.

Thanks! There's certainly something kinda magnetic about 1:23.4, I got stuck there for a while as well. :confused:

In some cars no Clutch is realistic as they'd have a Dogbox transmission. Most likely this car did in real life.

But seems to cut a corner, the pcars2 crew opted to more or less put a dogbox in every manual in the game.

Ah, right, maybe I needn't feel too guilty if I try it on this TT then :) It's a shame they didn't set the delay when paddle shifting to match the car's ability a bit more closely though - in an ideal world it really shouldn't make a huge difference whichever method is used, since many people don't have shifters.

Thanks! There's certainly something kinda magnetic about 1:23.4, I got stuck there for a while as well. :confused:

Ah, right, maybe I needn't feel too guilty if I try it on this TT then :) It's a shame they didn't set the delay when paddle shifting to match the car's ability a bit more closely though - in an ideal world it really shouldn't make a huge difference whichever method is used, since many people don't have shifters.
I *think* you can manually overcome the auto clutch/paddle shift pause by simply lifting and blipping on shifts the same way. Might be worth a try.

Haha!!

My ankles were fine, but I was still slow as a slow thing on a slow day ha haha hahaha!! :P

Here are the results of the TT in the Porka 924 widebody thingymajig at Long beeeeeeeeeach!

@hasslemoff 1:21.576

@Outspacer 1:22.452

@MRC_ELCANGRI 1:23.380

@Georgeagea 1:23.437

@HammyMansell 1:23.441

@gregc 1:23.445

@knukken 1:24.282

@nosoks 1:24.498

@krsht3 1:26.439

Wow, what a time from from @hasslemoff to snatch it, very well done fella, and all of you for trying as always. Close from 3rd to 7th too!! The next CRAP PCARS 2 TT will start from next Tuesday, the 16th of October! :)

Last edited:
Haha!!

My ankles were fine, but I was still slow as a slow thing on a slow day ha haha hahaha!! :P

Yup! Actually my wrists are playing up a bit... but that's 'cos I'm slow and having to work hard for my time! :D

I *think* you can manually overcome the auto clutch/paddle shift pause by simply lifting and blipping on shifts the same way. Might be worth a try.

That does seem to help a bit. It'll take a bit of getting used to, so I'm not sure about time yet, but I pretty much matched my record surprisingly quickly. It feels smoother on entry to corners, car stays more stable.

With the stick and not using the clutch, I'm absolutely hopeless. It will take a while to stop my left foot doing the clutch motion automatically when I reach for the stick... on the brake, kangarooing down the S-F straight :lol: Thirty-odd years of habit to overcome. Maybe something to try again on the next PCars TT, with a fresh car giving me a bit of a reset.

Thanks for the tips :cheers:

Been a while away from the forums. Might have another go at TT driving. Not done since GT6.

The rules look pretty simple, no setup allowed, in TT mode. Anything else I missed from the first pages? Is there a prize for mediocrity?

Been a while away from the forums. Might have another go at TT driving. Not done since GT6.

The rules look pretty simple, no setup allowed, in TT mode. Anything else I missed from the first pages? Is there a prize for mediocrity?

That's more or less it, plus screenshot required to validate your time - and @HammyMansell always summarises the rules when he posts the new challenge anyway. As for the mediocrity prize, if there was one there's a few of us who'd be fighting over it :lol:

I wasn't planning to Kevin, I hope someone's online to race with.

I've been in touch with Football, he's getting a PS4 again so he can do some racing, and killing, with Red Dead 2, and The Last Of Us 2 when it shows up. What fun it would be if we could get some of the old 2015/2016 crew back racing regualarly again!

Welcome @Teamsreth and yes as greg stated, stock setup on the TTs, but you can use "loose" or "stable". As you can see the next one starts early next week, come and join in of course! ;)

The new PCARS 2 TT is:

The 2014 MAREK RP339H At Mugello Full Circuit!!

Bm6Zn43.jpg

mugello-race-track.jpg

To be done in “Time Trial” mode using stock setup (if you have a saved setup for this combo, please return it to “default” before trying, as times with the “setup used” symbol will show in the in game timing screen, and won’t be counted!) You can use "loose" or "stable" setup, and driver aids if you wish! Post an in game screenshot of your time and post it here for it to count, Good luck!! ;)

This TT will end next Sunday night, the 21st of October.

Last edited:
Well now that's a change of pace :lol: and here we have the Race Dictator to contend with - who has already denied me quite a few laps, just a touch wide over an exit curb and the shape of the curb pulls you out a bit further into trouble! It is what it is :)

The WR on PC for this car (with a setup) is 1:25.1, but there's only 7 entries on this leaderboard. Could one of us beat that?

crap20181021-2.jpg

Not me, yet. :mischievous:

Last edited:
I had a quick go:

44076964_10217840233738780_5177693546181820416_n.jpg

1:32.561 after 3 or 4 tours, lots of grip, great brakes too, and yeah @Outspacer the track limits are tough on Mugello lol! :P

The WR on PS4 is a 1:26.1, I doubt I'll find 6 seconds, but I hope to get a sub 1:30 if I nail it, we'll see over the next few days! That's a great time man!

Well, it looks like I should be in with a shout of the pad record on PC :lol: :lol:

Haha go for it mate, it's all to play for! ;)

1:32.561 after 3 or 4 tours, lots of grip, great brakes too, and yeah @Outspacer the track limits are tough on Mugello lol! :P

The WR on PS4 is a 1:26.1, I doubt I'll find 6 seconds, but I hope to get a sub 1:30 if I nail it, we'll see over the next few days! That's a great time man!

Cheers :cheers: Yes, mental grip. I'm foot to the floor from Casanova to Scarperia, although probably losing a bit of time through not being perfectly smooth. Casanova can be cut quite a bit, but I'm not sure if it's the fastest way to do it - obviously the main aim is to get a great run through to Scarperia, since that stretch is as long as the start/finish straight! Mostly it seems better to avoid apex curbs completely.

Speaking of which, I'm still trying to figure out my markers and line through Bucine. I'm finding it much trickier in this car with the wheel arch blocking visibility, and also with the brakes being so sharp - trail-braking into there should be fastest, but I haven't got consistent with it yet.

I've no idea how much more time I can find - it will be fun to find out :)

Didn't get chance to get a picture or video, when I finished all my dlc had vanished so had no leaderboards.
Great time by @Outspacer I struggled with a 1:29.4xx.

I'll have another go and try and get a video up.

Tips, make sure you have full battery at the start of the lap, don't accelerate hard when you start the TT, keep your foot on the brake to regenerate battery till the corner then gently accelerate till half way (3rd gear 65 - 70mph) around then floor it, your speed should be about 177 mph over the start finish line and it's worth a couple of tenths.
Try and stay on the brakes as long as possible (no coasting) as that will give you more battery, slow in fast out through the chicanes.

I had a few laps this morning, got my pad record lol.

Currently in the low 32's, still finding my way around the track but would echo this:

Tips, make sure you have full battery at the start of the lap, don't accelerate hard when you start the TT, keep your foot on the brake to regenerate battery till the corner then gently accelerate till half way (3rd gear 65 - 70mph) around then floor it, your speed should be about 177 mph over the start finish line and it's worth a couple of tenths.

Using a similar strategy I saw ~180 over the line a couple of times. Will also be revisiting my braking in general to maximise the battery element.

Great work already @hasslemoff & @Outspacer 👍

Didn't get chance to get a picture or video, when I finished all my dlc had vanished so had no leaderboards.
Great time by @Outspacer I struggled with a 1:29.4xx.

I'll have another go and try and get a video up.

Try and stay on the brakes as long as possible (no coasting) as that will give you more battery, slow in fast out through the chicanes.

Thanks for the tips mate, noted! ;)

Had a quick go last night... very fast and unbelievable brakes... steering is also quick but not so much to catch the back napping but still quick...

First LMP1 I've driven since the career trophy hunting time for plat and must say it feels good

Back