CRAP Club PCARS 2 Time Trials - Thanks for taking part everyone, we will return one day!

You have to brake as late as possible man, and the car has a lot of grip, more than you think, as you can see in my video, so you can really push around those corners. Push the car a bit more to learn its limits.
hmm... I brake as late as possible, but the car does not brake and continues long (I can feel on my wheel) - especially on first and second apex. Anyway.. I will give another chance tomorrow!!

I saw your post about what F1 game to get on another thread too Speedy...Go for 2018, much better than 2017, and it has the Halos too! :D
thanks! One of my friends sells F1 2017 for 5 USD, tempted me.

@speedy10 do you use the brakes?? :confused::lol: in higher gears it's harder to lock the wheels ;) I'm never below 3rd gear in this combo
hahaha, I use the brakes... example, I take first apex in 2nd and the car lock the wheels. Something similar happens when I take the last mountain hill curve... It´s hard to brake and turn at the same time!

@speedy10 it's all about driving style.....I too take some of the corners in 2nd gear, but then change up to 3rd early to avoid wheelspin. But yes as knukken says, keeping in 3rd might help you with keeping the car more stable.

A couple of improved times:

52508177_10218800077974286_4902585544954871808_n.jpg

@speedy10 on a 1:53.760, and @nosoks on a 1:54.060! Well done!! ;)

Edit: I realised that my time of 1:49.7 hasn't registered on the timing screen, and it still states the previous best of 1:50.0 as my fastest. The game stuck when I quit the session after doing the '49.7, so I guess it didn't save. :( Thank goodness I took a screenshot of the time!!

Last edited:
Had one last go, as no more free time for me until the weekend....

52276849_10218804806452495_4578448958740758528_n.jpg

1:48.752!!! :D I could say I did the perfect lap, but another tenth or two are there.....But I'm chuffed with the time!! Those carrots did me good! :D

@speedy10 as you can see again in the video, I really push the car, (maybe too much at times lol) You have to take a deep breath with this car, and track!

#TheNeedForSpeed!

A time from @Georgeagea

51739634_10218804858053785_3907666515549224960_n.jpg

1:50.771, good stuff!!

Had one last go, as no more free time for me until the weekend....

View attachment 799352

1:48.752!!! :D I could say I did the perfect lap, but another tenth or two are there.....But I'm chuffed with the time!! Those carrots did me good! :D

@speedy10 as you can see again in the video, I really push the car, (maybe too much at times lol) You have to take a deep breath with this car, and track!

#TheNeedForSpeed!

A time from @Georgeagea

View attachment 799353

1:50.771, good stuff!!

I think that we have to finish the TT today...:rolleyes::rolleyes: hhahahaha
Well done mate!!! I´m going to have a chance today - will have more free time.

I think that we have to finish the TT today...:rolleyes::rolleyes: hhahahaha
Well done mate!!! I´m going to have a chance today - will have more free time.

Hahaha thanks mate! And yes I surprised myself when that time came up, seriously!! :P

@speedy10 it's all about driving style.....I too take some of the corners in 2nd gear, but then change up to 3rd early to avoid wheelspin. But yes as knukken says, keeping in 3rd might help you with keeping the car more stable.

A couple of improved times:

View attachment 799194

@speedy10 on a 1:53.760, and @nosoks on a 1:54.860! Well done!! ;)

Edit: I realised that my time of 1:49.7 hasn't registered on the timing screen, and it still states the previous best of 1:50.0 as my fastest. The game stuck when I quit the session after doing the '49.7, so I guess it didn't save. :( Thank goodness I took a screenshot of the time!!

@HammyMansell if you look real close, you can see my time is 54.060 :)
Hope time allows me another go cuz i know i have a bit more

I'm only just finding a rhythm in the Jaaaaag, and not sure if I'll get another run in :( One thing that keeps tripping me up is not being able to see the left side of the car in VR without turning my head - it's bloody miles away, so wide!! - and my stupid brain imagines I'm in the middle. Obviously, that doesn't work out too well :lol:

1:50.956

crap20190215-2.jpg

I'm only just finding a rhythm in the Jaaaaag, and not sure if I'll get another run in :( One thing that keeps tripping me up is not being able to see the left side of the car in VR without turning my head - it's bloody miles away, so wide!! - and my stupid brain imagines I'm in the middle. Obviously, that doesn't work out too well :lol:

1:50.956

View attachment 799522

Well done mate, and thanks for posting that screen, as @Carnby7 is there too lol! 1:50.821 from him! ;)

I had time this morning for one last go,

51987048_10218820820772843_7789673225729867776_n.jpg

1:48.498!!! I managed to nail it where I though i'd lost time from before through Devil's Elbow, maybe still a tenth more there, through the chicane after The Chase, but happy with that!! :D

Again the game stuck when I quit the session, so I'm not sure if it will save as it didn't the other day. :(

Results up later fellas, get any final times in!!

This is a dangerously addictive combo, keep finding improvements in both time and consistency which is rewarding :D But it is hard work, with mistakes usually leading to damage and a restart! Very happy to get a '49, my theoretical best would be about a .6 at the moment because I dropped a bit in S1 on this lap.

1:49.881

And a nice new time from @Carnby7 as well, 1:50.203 :)

crap20190215-4.jpg

This is a dangerously addictive combo, keep finding improvements in both time and consistency which is rewarding :D But it is hard work, with mistakes usually leading to damage and a restart! Very happy to get a '49, my theoretical best would be about a .6 at the moment because I dropped a bit in S1 on this lap.

View attachment 799678

Wow the times are getting quicker by all of us, nice one @Outspacer into the '49s mate, well done............And @Carnby7 has gone even quicker haha! Via Facebonk from him:

51906491_1994507710648063_7202429820590882816_n.jpg

1:49.341! The times continue to tumble! Really well done all again! 👍 👍

View attachment 799678

Ain't that the truth :D

Nice time - going to have to take another run at it tonight now, see if I can't get into the 49s....

Wow the times are getting quicker by all of us, nice one @Outspacer into the '49s mate, well done............And @Carnby7 has gone even quicker haha! Via Facebonk from him:

View attachment 799684

1:49.341! The times continue to tumble! Really well done all again! 👍 👍

Cheers! Ha, I grabbed my screenshot late last night and went to bed without posting it, my bad, old news! That's a tasty improvement by him :scared:

Ain't that the truth :D

Nice time - going to have to take another run at it tonight now, see if I can't get into the 49s....

I'll be back down to sixth again at this rate!!! :cheers:

@HammyMansell nice lap, I'm not going to get time to go again but might just have another go for the fun later in the week :)

Cheers @hasslemoff, and go for it mate!! I was going to have a proper go at the previous TT in the old Porsche at Spa Classic, but still haven't got around to it....Will do at some point.

One thing fellas, in the near future I'm thinking of running another Group C at Bathurst, the 962 C or the Sauber Merc, to see how they compare!

I was also thinking of starting to run TTs in varying conditions, using those said conditions that we set in "Private Session" mode, with time progression turned off, to keep the conditions the same throughout any run. We could do night time TTs, or in the rain etc......

I need to test to see if it's consistant, and would work. The only problem would be is that we'd have to do an out lap or 2 to get the tyres and brakes up to temperature, before setting a decent time.

In the next week or so I'll give it a go, and see how it is.

Back