Crash Bandicoot Discussion - (It's About Time 10/2 Release)

• Thread starter GTvsForza
  • 383 comments
I have been waiting for over a year since the announcement and here we are...
This is the best purchase I made so far from this year, let alone gaming wise đź‘Ť

Now both my cousins and my uncles & Aunts now wants to buy their own copy as well. Good thing that the kids now have enough money to buy one. Or they could just wait for two weeks later and get it for a much cheaper price.

This game is going to be a big deal to me. My sister and one of my brothers are going to stop buy launch day to see it. It was a big part of our childhoods, in fact, Crash 1 was our first game. Can't wait til Friday!

I believe you will never get an email or code.
You have to go find them on the store.

That's what it was like with the NA version.

It must be different here in the UK. I found a link through google for the sunset vista pack but when I sign it it refreshes and simply shows the game page.
Can't get it on the console, on the PS store app or on the computer. I'll wait and see what happens on release day.
Thanks anyway.

It must be different here in the UK. I found a link through google for the sunset vista pack but when I sign it it refreshes and simply shows the game page.
Can't get it on the console, on the PS store app or on the computer. I'll wait and see what happens on release day.
Thanks anyway.

When I look at the game page on the computer it shows add-on content below here in the NA version.
While doing it on the App or console sometimes doesn't show it.

I am sure you will find it somewhere.

There's a GameStop by my house that has used PS4s for $199. Might get one this week. Thing is, my only free time is during the weekend. Also, saving some money aside for an apartment, a trip to Mexico next year and car payments. Curse you real world problems :D

Couldn't you get a new PS4 for that?

I think new is $220 at GameStop. I also have some Best Buy gift cards, so might get one there.

When I look at the game page on the computer it shows add-on content below here in the NA version.
While doing it on the App or console sometimes doesn't show it.

I am sure you will find it somewhere.

I found a thread on reddit. Guy says in the entire EU region, preorder bonuses aren't given until release. Sort of makes sense.

Double post but this is interesting,
a DLC for the Original Crash?

20170628_001801.jpg

Notice "Crash Bandicoot: Lost Treasures" with DLC/Update Icon on the left?

Last edited:
Double post but this is interesting, a DLC for the Original Crash?

View attachment 656870

Notice "Crash Bandicoot: Lost Treasures" with DLC/Update Icon on the left?

Probably best to use spoiler tags since people coming on this thread might not want to see this yet until the actual release day. ;) As for my answer to it, in spoiler tag as well. :P

It's not 100% sure yet what the DLC will be, but many people think it'll be the 2 levels that were finished in a beta version of Crash Bandicoot 1 but got cut out in the final version. Stormy Ascent and apparently a longer version of Sunset Vista. Both were way too hard to beat so they were taken out of the game. If you look at the trophy names and descriptions for the DLC you'll see the connection to those 2 levels. :)
There were also a few more unfinished levels in the beta which might make an appearance as well. But nothing is known about it yet, whether they're already in the game or will come later as actual DLC on the PS store. it could be a day 1 update as well on release day.

Probably best to use spoiler tags since people coming on this thread might not want to see this yet until the actual release day. ;) As for my answer to it, in spoiler tag as well. :P

It's not 100% sure yet what the DLC will be, but many people think it'll be the 2 levels that were finished in a beta version of Crash Bandicoot 1 but got cut out in the final version. Stormy Ascent and apparently a longer version of Sunset Vista. Both were way too hard to beat so they were taken out of the game. If you look at the trophy names and descriptions for the DLC you'll see the connection to those 2 levels. :)
There were also a few more unfinished levels in the beta which might make an appearance as well. But nothing is known about it yet, whether they're already in the game or will come later as actual DLC on the PS store. it could be a day 1 update as well on release day.
I already downloaded the day 1 update which not large at all and I could actually look at the online leaderboard for the relics.

One could only hope that we are getting all the early cut levels

I already downloaded the day 1 update which not large at all and I could actually look at the online leaderboard for the relics.

One could only hope that we are getting all the early cut levels

Might be another update on June 30th then, I don't know. :P I don't think it'll be actual DLC though. I think they just put it under there so you don't need those 2 trophies for the platinum since those 2 levels are really hard for casuals or little kids. ;)

I also did see in some video that there's a few extra level dots on the map in Crash 1 that weren't there in the original, one near Papu Papu I think. Haven't really seen the other 2 islands yet. But maybe those are the special levels for those trophies?

@ToyGTone, any idea how big the game is at the moment. Just trying to figure out if I need to delete anything else, since I'm so low on space.

Thinking I might just preorder it on the PSN store tomorros to get the avatars and backgrounds. $40 is a steal for this in my opinion.

@ToyGTone, any idea how big the game is at the moment. Just trying to figure out if I need to delete anything else, since I'm so low on space.

Thinking I might just preorder it on the PSN store tomorros to get the avatars and backgrounds. $40 is a steal for this in my opinion.

I read that it runs about 23gb. You will probably need slightly more than that to be able to download it though.

I'm not playing on my ps4 but rather on my relative's one.

1498635536105781344371.jpg

---
I wish if the physical version came with those avatars and backgrounds...i think I'm just gonna get the digital version on my ps4.

Yeah the physical copy wasn't mine actually.

You get extra stuff for pre-ordering the digital? That's good, I have pre-ordered on the store, wasn't aware of it though. :dopey:

I'm so pumped for this on Friday!

So remember when I said how stores over here are ripping us off by giving a $40 game for $66 in which my cousins finally paid for this game $53 at the end?

Well in the UAE PSN Store...
20170628_191639.jpg

$35 for a game with pre order bonuses while most people over here jumped and paid all that stuff for the physical copy that it didn't even came with a piece of paper inside the box. Not even an ad or control's...just the disc.

$35 for a game with pre order bonuses while most people over here jumped and paid all that stuff for the physical copy that it didn't even came with a piece of paper inside the box. Not even an ad or control's...just the disc.

That's how some games are now days.
Just a plastic case with a disc.
Since they will put the controls on the disc itself.
Since this is a come back game? Maybe, they don't want to do ads for another game that is set to come out if it doesn't. Unlike COD, or Dirt, or WRC, or BF, or any other random game.

That's how some games are now days.
Just a plastic case with a disc.
Since they will put the controls on the disc itself.
Since this is a come back game? Maybe, they don't want to do ads for another game that is set to come out if it doesn't. Unlike COD, or Dirt, or WRC, or BF, or any other random game.
Still, why it doesn't have any bonuses inside the physical copy? compared to other physical copy games i owned before.

Anyways, pre ordered a digital copy for myself since the physical copy belongs to my cousins.

I was kinda surprised they didnt push the boat out and do special versions of the game. I would have bought one and I'm sure they would have easily sold.
Since they didnt I just preordered off the psn store.

I'm waiting the extra days to get it digital. I can't stand having game discs lying around, losing them, not to mention having to get up and swap them out. #nuh-uh

Jerome

I'm waiting the extra days to get it digital. I can't stand having game discs lying around, losing them, not to mention having to get up and swap them out. #nuh-uh

Jerome
Extra days? Isn't it available for digital on the same day as the physical copy? As in tomorrow?

Extra days? Isn't it available for digital on the same day as the physical copy? As in tomorrow?

Thats what I thought, but I've seen a few gameplay videos pop up a lot on youtube. So I assumed the disc came out on Tuesday or somehing *shrug*

Jerome

Thats what I thought, but I've seen a few gameplay videos pop up a lot on youtube. So I assumed the disc came out on Tuesday or somehing *shrug*

Jerome
Normally games launch on Tuesdays, I actually thought it was out Tuesday as well, but apparently (in the US at least) it launches on Friday, both physically and digitally. Some parts of the world got it earlier.

Normally games launch on Tuesdays, I actually thought it was out Tuesday as well, but apparently (in the US at least) it launches on Friday, both physically and digitally. Some parts of the world got it earlier.

Ah good to know, thanks!

Jerome

Yeah tomorrow will be great. Really can't wait to play Crash Bandicoot in 4K, played a few of the levels in the old games today, will be a nice comparison. :P Though the long wait for the postman to arrive will be horrible, I really do hope he comes early.

Back