Crash Bandicoot Discussion - (It's About Time 10/2 Release)

• Thread starter GTvsForza
  • 383 comments
I heard that there's a Fake Crash easter egg. Anyone found it?

Yep, I think he might be in all 3 of the games. You'll see him the first level in Crash 1 I think after getting all gems, he's easy to spot. ;)

I'm really loving it so far. I started with Crash 1, just got platinum trophy for it so on to Crash 2 now. :D There are 2 levels (Wild Hog and The High Road) that have some issues though which make them much harder than the original but other than that it's just perfect. Boss fights are great as well with some new animations at the beginning/end which are always fun. Time trials as expected are very hard, especially in those 2 levels I mentioned. ;) But gold relic is definately doable in most levels, I actually got 17 platinums and 9 golds. :sly: The attention to detail is also very high in this game, definately close if not on the same level as Naughty Dog. I'm sure if Vicarious Visions makes a new Crash game it'll be a big success.

Btw, has anyone tried Coco's idle animations yet, they're awesome. :) If you want to see something funny put her next to same crates and wait, when you get the right idle animation you'll see why. :D

Coming from Crash 3 on the PS1, playing Crash 1 proved to be rather problematic for me as he was a bit slower in the game, leading me to mistime jumps in a rather epic fail style :lol:

Also, DPad controls work wonders in stages like bonus stages.

Got everything plugged in! Getting used to the physics and may have miscalculated some jumps as well :)

I've mistimed jumps too. Seems to be pretty common. Was going for the silver gem on the 1st level of crash one and fell down the final pit before the end :sly:.

Controls take a bit of getting used to but I find it a lot easier to use the d-pad. I've only used the analogue sticks in the levels that require you to run towards the camera.

Last edited:
Native Fortress is super tricky. Took me about 8 lives to finish the level. Ripper Roo is the next boss to face. Wish me luck :)

Did they change the location of some checkpoints or add more to make it easier? I remember Slippery Climb in Crash 1 being super tough because the first checkpoint was excruciatingly far away, but there is one earlier than I remember. In any case, Slippery Climb is still very difficult, but not as hard as The High Road... those turtles were pretty frustrating.

Anyways, I'm having a ton of fun with this. I still remember many of the secrets and levels, it's like 1996 all over again.

I do see that the 2nd one is much easier than the first one.
Got 12 crystals and 14 gems. 3 colored ones.

Annoying at some where the bear didn't like a box and missed it.

Crash 1 is the most salt-inducing game I've played in a long while. Especially Hog Wild... the third rotating buffalo can go die in a fire for eternity.

Crash 1 is the most salt-inducing game I've played in a long while. Especially Hog Wild... the third rotating buffalo can go die in a fire for eternity.
I was stuck on this for ages too because the visual cues are horrendous in this game. It's impossible to know how far or near you are to clearing obstacles most of the time.

Easiest way to do that final hog is to start from the left, jump and move to the right in the air. 👍

Did they change the location of some checkpoints or add more to make it easier? I remember Slippery Climb in Crash 1 being super tough because the first checkpoint was excruciatingly far away, but there is one earlier than I remember. In any case, Slippery Climb is still very difficult, but not as hard as The High Road... those turtles were pretty frustrating.

Anyways, I'm having a ton of fun with this. I still remember many of the secrets and levels, it's like 1996 all over again.
it seems that the [?] boxes will change into a [C] box either by fate or just dying way too much.

Its the guys that go left to right for me. So irritating trying to smash all the crates on that one.

it seems that the [?] boxes will change into a [C] box either by fate or just dying way too much.

Dunno if that was in the original. I noticed it on the Slippery Climb level. I died more than a few times.

I'm properly stuck on the 2nd bee hive level in Crash 2 (bee-have maybe ?)

Last edited:
Damn, it's out of stock everywhere! :grumpy:
Yep, I discovered that yesterday!

I played the game on Saturday and mostly played Crash 3 - looks really good and not too hard, although one or two bits are very tricky. I had a very quick go at Crash 1 (Native Fortress) and couldn't get past the start of the level!

I've given up on 1 for a few days. Native Fortress is really kicking my backside. Warp room 2 on crash 2. I did want to do them in order but things were going to get thrown if I didn't stop playing that damn fortress.

Important question: is this case available anywhere, or is it just Sony messing with me?

IIRC it was only given to employees of Sony America. So you can't buy them unless one of those guys decides to stick it on eBay.

I've given up on 1 for a few days. Native Fortress is really kicking my backside. Warp room 2 on crash 2. I did want to do them in order but things were going to get thrown if I didn't stop playing that damn fortress.
It took me some time to actually get the hang of Native Fortress, but remember

Hold X like your life depends on it

Been going at Crash 2 for quite a while.
Up to 40% complete.
4 of 5 colored gems.
Warp room 3 I think or 4.
Still going back to do other gems.

Getting there.
Except time trials. :banghead:

Yep, I discovered that yesterday!

I played the game on Saturday and mostly played Crash 3 - looks really good and not too hard, although one or two bits are very tricky. I had a very quick go at Crash 1 (Native Fortress) and couldn't get past the start of the level!

I found a copy in Toys R Us!!

:cheers:

It probably is one of the hardest levels in Crash 1 with the spinning platforms and high jump crates.

It actually surprises me how many people think Native Fortress is a hard level. I mean, in time trial doing it in one go is pretty hard but doing it normally with checkpoints it definately shouldn't be that hard. :P I think I died maybe only 1 or 2 times when I did that level the first time (in N. Sane Trilogy anyway, ofcourse I knew the level already from the original ;)). I really feel sorry for you guys when you get to the 3rd island, especially with The High Road and Slippery Climb. :P Though I think Slippery Climb got easier with the better controls we have now.

Slippery Climb is cruel considering it's one of the levels that requires no deaths. But yeah, The High Road is easily the worst level.

I'm playing through the first game since it's the one I'm least familiar with. Even after all these years, the controls of CB2, with the slide/jump/flop mechanics, are ingrained, and I'm finding it really hard to deal with only having the spin available.

I made good progress in Crash 1. Up to Road to Nowhere. Missed a few crates in The Lost City and Temple Ruins, so probably will go back for them later.

Made it past Native Fortress a few days ago.

I've now made it to Road To Nowhere.

I eould tell you guys to please kill me, but the level itself has done that enough...

...numerous time actually...

Back