CREDIT GRIND - WTC 600 Tokyo Express - Glitches are Dead.

• Thread starter Grimm6Jack
  • 2,418 comments
Personally I would recommend heading to Spa... the payout is 1.5m for 1 hour's work so not quite as much $ per minute, but every are is different, the weather changes a lot and the track is beautiful at night and especially at dawn. Take a detuned GT500 or Gr.1 (I use the 962C) and you will easily win but because it is so beautiful the time just flies by.
Might be beautiful but because of random weather and rain I would guess that it is also easier to lose CRB in SPA.

Might be beautiful but because of random weather and rain I would guess that it is also easier to lose CRB in SPA.
I used to grind spa a lot 5 to 6 times a day alone with alot of le man but boy the rain became one of my most dislike things in gt7. I haven't been to spa since January and le man since february and have no interest plus you cant beat 1.6M credits in around 46 minutes a hour and you don't have to deal with no rain.

I rather lost the CRB in Tokyo on the last turn of lap 12 then have to deal with rain. :irked:

Back in the Tomahawk glitch days I nicknamed it "The Tokyo Express" !
The Escudo now has the title (although being about 6 minutes slower) :gtpflag:

Attachments

• Escudo Tokyo 1.jpeg
    Escudo Tokyo 1.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Escudo Tokyo 2.jpeg
    Escudo Tokyo 2.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 33
My first under 23 minutes.:bowdown:
View attachment 1262515

I'm getting that tingly feeling for a super Tokyo grind day. :lol:

nice time!!! Very similar to what i've been running lately. :)

well, within a minute anyway....
image1.jpeg

Back in the Tomahawk glitch days I nicknamed it "The Tokyo Express" !
The Escudo now has the title (although being about 6 minutes slower) :gtpflag:

man, driving the Tomahawk X on a twisty course was actually otherworldly, requiring reflexes and precision not really found in any other race in the game. I wish they'd bring that feeling back by creating a legitimate race that put the X on a course like that.

Last edited:

View attachment 1262523

man, driving the Tomahawk X on a twisty course was actually otherworldly, requiring reflexes and precision not really found in any other race in the game. I wish they'd bring that feeling back by creating a legitimate race that put the X on a course like that.
Nice :)

I improved even more now down to 22:46 with a fast lap of 1:48 and the CRB of course.

View attachment 1262523

Haven't been grinding since last year. May i ask for the settings of this machine?

Edit: didn't realize this is the glitches thread 😂 I'll leave this up but post it in the regular Tokyo thread

Revisited the Crown Athlete with engine swap. Plenty of fuel leftover but tires are done after lap 8 since the car is so heavy. With better consistency you can run 2:09 throughout, or even lower.
188ff54dad662-screenshotUrl.jpg

188ff54e93811-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't been playing in a long time, but recently I was bored, so I loaded the game up.

Finally broke into the 21s. :)

Time: 21:58
Fastest lap: 1:45.2

and I got the Clean Race Bonus, too. :)

825,000 credits in under 22 minutes.

image2 (3).jpeg

image1 (4).jpeg

image0 (5).jpeg

This tune uses FM1 and one stop after lap 6. Don't change tires. (the rear will be red after one lap, don't worry about it)

I shift somewhat short for the higher gears, and occasionally switch to FM2 for part of the long straight depending on my fuel situation. I ran out of gas just as I was entering the pit, and just as I was crossing the finish line.

I use TCS0, as it seems to be best for wall-riding, but big slippages will drain your fuel, so ease off the throttle if your tach is hitting the limiter.

I shared a video of my run within GT7, but I don't think you can watch that except in-game at the showcase. The title is "WTC600 Tokyo 825k in 21:58".

Last edited:
Nice run.

I don't think my Suzuki can run that since it has lost so much hp and performance after 46K miles of Tokyo even after a oil change or engine rebuild.

I'm down to 1117HP.:(

Oh no! I bought a second one that sits in the garage in case that happened to me. I wonder what the mileage on mine is. Pretty sure I did an engine overhaul at one point.

Last edited:
I need some assistance here, I do not have the time to examine all 80 pages in this thread for a car that I can use in this race WITHOUT a glitch tune and WITHOUT wall riding.
Could someone please reply with a link or two for a car that can fit within my specifications?
Thank you.

I need some assistance here, I do not have the time to examine all 80 pages in this thread for a car that I can use in this race WITHOUT a glitch tune and WITHOUT wall riding.
Could someone please reply with a link or two for a car that can fit within my specifications?
Thank you.
You're in the wrong thread, this one is for glitched tunes. Go to this thread and look at any of the cars posted in the last few pages, which are all on the current patch: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...n-gt7-share-your-setups-tips-and-cars.408979/

Oh no! I bought a second one that sits in the garage in case that happened to me. I wonder what the mileage on mine is. Pretty sure I did an engine overhaul at one point.
I have 3 extras.

I done 3 or 4 engine rebuilds on my current one all from bad stats but it still giving me a race finish of 22:40 on average.

I have uploaded my fastest lap in the Escudo to YouTube for anyone looking to drop below 22 minutes. Used FM1, TC1 and AT for this one. I would usually start with TC2 for first lap and drop to TC1 before final hairpin.

Just checked - at GT Auto, change your wheels and make sure you have “offset” set to “wide”. Your PP will not update until you leave the shop.

Last edited:
Does anyone else have a secret exploit/glitch they would like to share, that's strange I've only gotten the 550k prize 6 times but now I can't do it anymore. Maybe the AI have strengthened by intelligence and wisdom.

Does anyone else have a secret exploit/glitch they would like to share, that's strange I've only gotten the 550k prize 6 times but now I can't do it anymore. Maybe the AI have strengthened by intelligence and wisdom.
No, the basic rule for the crb is do not hit the other drivers and do not cross any part of the white line in The Hairpin before the long straight. If the AI hits you you are still good but do not touch the AI with the front half of your car

No, the basic rule for the crb is do not hit the other drivers and do not cross any part of the white line in The Hairpin before the long straight. If the AI hits you you are still good but do not touch the AI with the front half of your car

Yep, that's correct. You can hit the walls all you want, but if you ram another car, or cross the white lines at the final hairpin, you will lose the Clean Race Bonus.

Regarding the white lines, all four wheels have to go over the line for you to lose it (as far as I can tell).

Regarding hitting other cars: it can be really hard to determine what counts. Hitting them from behind, even a slight tap, will usually kill your Clean Race Bonus. But it seems like if they ram you from behind, or if you just lightly brush them on the side, you're often still okay, but it is very inconsistent! Just try to avoid them!

Last edited:
Back