CREDIT GRIND - WTC 600 Tokyo Express - Glitches are Dead.

• Thread starter Grimm6Jack
  • 2,418 comments
I don't know how it works in Australia, but we don't pay money to get a job here in the States. The jobs pay us... PD didn't pay me to play the game, I paid them. This whole "pay to earn" gameplay fad is destroying any sense of FUN in video games. Guess we should at least be glad PD haven't implemented NFT's, lol

Was this patched out with 1.16? Have been using the A220 at Sarthe and Sardegna so I figured I'd give it a shot at Tokyo. Tried this method, made sure the tires/wheels were stock, livery is stock, medium turbo/intercooler, and have the Diff values set to those listed.

754PP... Is there a specific downforce setting? Ballast?

ky6r7mxajm391.jpg
aobt3hhajm391 (1).jpg
zdexxg9bjm391.jpg

Check your settings? I know gears don't have an effect anymore, so you can change your speed with no effect. Need racing trans and racing intercooler. Livery doesn't have an impact, but I know the wheels do. It's been awhile since I touched the settings, but I recall when I changed any of the other values, the PP jumped to mid 750ish PP range.

Trying this set up, since I love the 220(use it sometimes at La Sarthe). See how we go.

Edit: 26:34.563, half worn rears and 0.3 Laps left in tank. My FL was a 2:05.005. Pretty easy. Didn’t collide with cars or rub walls. Only one floaty ride on a wet corner during Lap 9. No dramas.
I found leaving the gear in 4th, shifting down from 5th when breaking for the first S turn and leaving it in 4th until exiting the second S turn works best for me - you'll shave seconds off your lap once you get the feel for the smooth throttle inputs coming out of turns to avoid tail slide or snap. The 1st lap is the make or break it lap for total time. Get it in 2:32 and you'll pass the NSX about 2/3rds through the 2nd lap and then have a wide-open track until lap 8 or 9. * Also, have you all noticed the RX-7 runs out of fuel on lap 9 now on every race??*

This race does demonstrate the rubberbanding effect though. Race it with Gr.4 Lambo and the fastest AI lap is like 2:11-2:12. In A220, I'll set a 2:04 lap time (earlier in the race) and only gain 3-4-seconds against AI, so roughly 2:07-2:08 lap time for them... I've finished the race 25:44 and lapped all the cars. I've also finished in 5:38 and didn't lap 2 of the cars (one of which still had 10-second gap from me lapping him).

I ran Tokyo last night with the DP100, had a 2:29 on the first lap, the leading NSX had a 2:28 I think, then lap 2 I ran a 2:12 and passed the NSX who ran 2:14 on the 2nd lap and I maintained a 2 second gap at the start/finish line at the start of lap 3. Somehow the game awarded lap 2 fast lap to the slower NSX, not that it matters, I just found it odd.

Hi guys,

Just asking: does the AFK exploit on Pan Amaerican chamionship still works on 1.16 with the Tomahawk SRT S?

Can't find the answer...and don't want to spend 1 million on the car for nothing.

Tx in advance.

Yes it still works but far from flawless unless I'm doing it wrong... but it stops after an hour or two... So I have to babysit and watch it do it's thing instead of going out for the day and it will run the whole time... same thing when I go to sleep I'll leave it on and it will stop after an hour or so... kinda disappointing but it beats grinding lol

For Tokyo I’ve tried the 2J with a few different tunes, but the Alpine is definitely faster for me. My typical race times are like 24:45 with a 1:55.2 best ever lap. Thing I don’t understand is why it’s sooo slow in the first lap when the track condition doesn’t change much from lap 1 to 2. My first lap is typically ~2:32 and second is ~ 2:04.

Thing I don’t understand is why it’s sooo slow in the first lap when the track condition doesn’t change much from lap 1 to 2. My first lap is typically ~2:32 and second is ~ 2:04.
The track actually gets a lot better on lap 2 compared to lap 1. It's from lap 3 onwards that the differences start to be less noticeable.

I haven't tried the Chaparral, but the A220 is a dream when I used it (a few weeks ago). I'm so glad I bought 2 of them. 300k for a car like this is so cheap.

I do the same as most people these days. 1 Race a day for 825k and the ticket. I have all the cars and just need some duplicates. Have 10 million in the bank, which should be enough for the next DLC cars. At the end of the month it's 24 million. For the duplicates I need, it's plenty enough for the month, assuming no extra expensive cars get released.

Hopefully the new update this week adds propper paying events and variety in them. But hoping is one thing... I just know it's not going to happen. Just like the ability to sell cars... I want to get rid of all the fictional cars I have in my garage, I don't use them and they would give me quite a big buck, considering I have like close to 100 of them (Gr.B, Gr.1, Gr.3, Gr.4 and VGT).

For Tokyo I’ve tried the 2J with a few different tunes, but the Alpine is definitely faster for me. My typical race times are like 24:45 with a 1:55.2 best ever lap. Thing I don’t understand is why it’s sooo slow in the first lap when the track condition doesn’t change much from lap 1 to 2. My first lap is typically ~2:32 and second is ~ 2:04.

Whoa my fastest lap is like 2:01.xx 60% of the time 2:00.xx 35% of the time and 1:59.xx 5% of the time. I would absolutely love to see a video of your lap to see where I’m losing time. My fastest race is only 25:32 and I’m obsessed with that race. The most fun of the grinds

With the A220, the strategy I use is pitting at Lap 7, the tyres are almost halfway done at this lap but it means you only have to do 5 laps to the end with the 2nd set of soft tyres, which given that the track is drying up, the tyres degrade faster, by the last lap my soft tyres are pretty much halfway through their grip.

Best I've done was a 24:54 and it was far from perfect on the first 4 laps. Average is about 25... Some races here and there I get a 5 second penalty, I just push myself all the time trying to improve my times so yeah, always bound to happen.

Fastest lap I've done was 1:56.7. Using Controller and TC0 all the time. Best lap is usually between lap 9 and 10. 7 is where I pit and 8 is the outlap, and the first 6 laps are a bit wet and my tyres are also not at their best shape by the 5th/6th lap where it starts to be quite dry. By lap 11 I have too much traffic and lap 12, the tyres are out of shape.

Last edited:
How much does it pay? If it doesnt beat tokyo, no point in mentioning it here. Also, is it easy to get clean race bonus?
Only slightly less than the Tokyo race, and it's simply not possible to not get the clean-race bonus. 727,500 (with the bonus) in 25 minutes.

Yes it still works but far from flawless unless I'm doing it wrong... but it stops after an hour or two... So I have to babysit and watch it do it's thing instead of going out for the day and it will run the whole time... same thing when I go to sleep I'll leave it on and it will stop after an hour or so... kinda disappointing but it beats grinding lol
It works for me, I followed all instructions, no babysitting. but I have to click the button Color P1, then OK, at the end of the first race or it sits in the post race screen forever. After that it just works as designed.

Last edited:
PanAm script was still working for me the last time I used a couple of weeks ago. Stoped using it as the electricity bill does get a bit larger than expected with the computer+PS5 turned on at the same time, and ofc, already bought all the cars. Just need some duplicates.

With the A220, the strategy I use is pitting at Lap 7, the tyres are almost halfway done at this lap but it means you only have to do 5 laps to the end with the 2nd set of soft tyres, which given that the track is drying up, the tyres degrade faster, by the last lap my soft tyres are pretty much halfway through their grip.

Best I've done was a 24:54 and it was far from perfect on the first 4 laps. Average is about 25... Some races here and there I get a 5 second penalty, I just push myself all the time trying to improve my times so yeah, always bound to happen.

Fastest lap I've done was 1:56.7. Using Controller and TC0 all the time. Best lap is usually between lap 9 and 10. 7 is where I pit and 8 is the outlap, and the first 6 laps are a bit wet and my tyres are also not at their best shape by the 5th/6th lap where it starts to be quite dry. By lap 11 I have too much traffic and lap 12, the tyres are out of shape.
I'd really love to see a vid of one of your races if possible.

Like you, best I can do 1st lap is 2:32-2:35 (Such a frustrating lap!! AI drives like 12-year olds in sport mode ramming you and causing you to spin out). I also pit at the end of lap 7 for tires and 0.5 laps of fuel more than needed and that lap will be like 2:24-2:28 - those two laps = ~5:00ish mins. I use TC5 until end of 2nd S turn on 1st lap, then lower to TC3 until entering the tunnel, when I lower it to TC1 for the rest of the race. Otherwise car's tail will throw-out from under me when RPM bar is 2/3rds full - especially in 4th for some reason.

I probably average 26:00-26:15, which when you subtract the 5-mins, leaves me with the other 10 laps being 2:06-2:07 average. How do you get down to 25-mins? You would have to average 2:00/lap including out-lap and laps 7 and 12 when the tire degradation gets bad (usually costs me 2-3 seconds on laps 7 & 12) + the traffic on lap 11. I found the 5-second penalty will cause me to loose 8-seconds on that lap and almost a second on the following lap (since you're at top speed for less time on the main straight). When that happens, I just pit at end of lap 6 and then again at end of lap 9 or 10 and try for new fastest lap - got 1:59.x twice this morning but also got more penalties than normal trying to push it more after seeing your post.

Like you, best I can do 1st lap is 2:32-2:35 (Such a frustrating lap!! AI drives like 12-year olds in sport mode ramming you and causing you to spin out). I also pit at the end of lap 7 for tires and 0.5 laps of fuel more than needed and that lap will be like 2:24-2:28 - those two laps = ~5:00ish mins. I use TC5 until end of 2nd S turn on 1st lap, then lower to TC3 until entering the tunnel, when I lower it to TC1 for the rest of the race. Otherwise car's tail will throw-out from under me when RPM bar is 2/3rds full - especially in 4th for some reason.

I probably average 26:00-26:15, which when you subtract the 5-mins, leaves me with the other 10 laps being 2:06-2:07 average. How do you get down to 25-mins? You would have to average 2:00/lap including out-lap and laps 7 and 12 when the tire degradation gets bad (usually costs me 2-3 seconds on laps 7 & 12) + the traffic on lap 11. I found the 5-second penalty will cause me to loose 8-seconds on that lap and almost a second on the following lap (since you're at top speed for less time on the main straight). When that happens, I just pit at end of lap 6 and then again at end of lap 9 or 10 and try for new fastest lap - got 1:59.x twice this morning but also got more penalties than normal trying to push it more after seeing your post.
As I said, my average is about 25 minutes, couple of seconds give it or take it.

Only like 2x have I crossed the below 25 minute border.

I'll provide a video of a great run of mine when I can. With no penalties and with "clean as possible" laps. Below 26 minutes is definitely doable, I've never done over 26 minutes and even had 15secs worth of penalties at my first few tries. Funny thing though, my first lap is also on average always around the 2:32 mark... The first braking point is really far away, way before even the 200m mark.

But I can notice one thing right away that you are probably not doing right. The fact you pit with 0.5 laps of fuel left. When I pit, sometimes I have almost 2 laps of fuel left... You are probably using lower gears and making the tyres degrade faster by sometimes wheel spining them. This also makes you stay in the pits for a few seconds longer as well. I get out of the pits as soon as I hit about 5.2 laps to finish, but only have to put about 3~ laps of fuel in, while you have to put about 4~...

Try to use mainly 3rd gear as minimum gear (for rotation in the slow speed corners like the Turn 1 and the Hairpin) and then use the 4th gear on corner exit after you've done the rotation. Most of the lap stay in 4th or 5th gear. 3rd gear only for rotation or exit for the hairpin (since it's a really slow corner).

And yes my laps after I pit the 2nd time and the 2 or 3 laps prior to pitting I can do them all below 2 minutes, most of them 1:57-1:59s if I don't do a run with big mistakes

Last edited:
View attachment 1160889View attachment 1160890View attachment 1160891
Check your settings? I know gears don't have an effect anymore, so you can change your speed with no effect. Need racing trans and racing intercooler. Livery doesn't have an impact, but I know the wheels do. It's been awhile since I touched the settings, but I recall when I changed any of the other values, the PP jumped to mid 750ish PP range.
BTW, I'm going to put this on the OP of the thread. The Tomahawk X served us well, but it's now dead. The A220 is clearly the one to go now.

Also tell me the original "creator" of this setup to credit him (or is it you?)?

BTW, I'm going to put this on the OP of the thread. The Tomahawk X served us well, but it's now dead. The A220 is clearly the one to go now.

Also tell me the original "creator" of this setup to credit him (or is it you?)?

Unless you can beat 24:33, the 2J is better. :)

Last edited:

Def not my find. I came across it on Reddit and posted here. Another thing I noticed is you can change the breaking diff (I lowered to 50) as long as you keep acceleration diff at 29.

As I said, my average is about 25 minutes, couple of seconds give it or take it.

Only like 2x have I crossed the below 25 minute border.

I'll provide a video of a great run of mine when I can. With no penalties and with "clean as possible" laps. Below 26 minutes is definitely doable, I've never done over 26 minutes and even had 15secs worth of penalties at my first few tries. Funny thing though, my first lap is also on average always around the 2:32 mark... The first braking point is really far away, way before even the 200m mark.

But I can notice one thing right away that you are probably not doing right. The fact you pit with 0.5 laps of fuel left. When I pit, sometimes I have almost 2 laps of fuel left... You are probably using lower gears and making the tyres degrade faster by sometimes wheel spining them. This also makes you stay in the pits for a few seconds longer as well. I get out of the pits as soon as I hit about 5.2 laps to finish, but only have to put about 3~ laps of fuel in, while you have to put about 4~...

Try to use mainly 3rd gear as minimum gear (for rotation in the slow speed corners like the Turn 1 and the Hairpin) and then use the 4th gear on corner exit after you've done the rotation. Most of the lap stay in 4th or 5th gear. 3rd gear only for rotation or exit for the hairpin (since it's a really slow corner).

And yes my laps after I pit the 2nd time and the 2 or 3 laps prior to pitting I can do them all below 2 minutes, most of them 1:57-1:59s if I don't do a run with big mistakes
What I meant is I put in 0.5 extra than needed to finish the race (although I prob dont need to as I always finish with .4,.5 laps worth of fuel). I also lengthened 2nd, 3rd & 4th gears about 10 KMH and really only use 5th before the hairpin and obviously on the long straight. I'm sure my lost time is generally on the first turn and probably around the 1st S turn because sometimes I'm too light on throttle coming out of the S to avoid that damn wall lol. WIll love to see a vid when you can!

What I meant is I put in 0.5 extra than needed to finish the race (although I prob dont need to as I always finish with .4,.5 laps worth of fuel). I also lengthened 2nd, 3rd & 4th gears about 10 KMH and really only use 5th before the hairpin and obviously on the long straight. I'm sure my lost time is generally on the first turn and probably around the 1st S turn because sometimes I'm too light on throttle coming out of the S to avoid that damn wall lol. WIll love to see a vid when you can!
Don't have video because I didn't do a clean run, but I can post some pics of my lap-times of one of my 2 runs today (the other was a 25:02).

Had a very good 1st lap, my personal best at 2:31.9.
2nd lap was average, slided a bit on the 1st corner as I braked a bit too late, probably lost about 1 second there. 2:05.2.
3rd lap is the start of the "visible" dry line, but the track is still a bit damp, you should be about 5 seconds faster than lap 2 but still not ideal for the "fastest lap".

From 4th until the end, the track is at the optimal condition to set the fastest lap. Aside from laps 7 and 8 where you pit in lap 7 and 8 is the outlap.

I did a 1:59 in the 4th lap and was progressively getting faster as I was adjusting my braking and turning points better, 1:58 on the 5th, and on the 6th, where I was 1.2 seconds faster by Sector 2, I went wide on the narrow right hander near the end and hit the wall which not only slowed me down, it gave me a 5sec penalty. This resulted in a lap of 2:07 when it would've easily been a 1:56, so a 10+ second loss here alone. This also compromised me for lap 7 as I served the penalty and thus didn't cross the start/finish line at the fastest speed possible, so this was probably a 12-13 second loss.

Lap 8 aside, which was the outlap, I had a ton of traffic on the narrow parts of the circuit in lap 9 and it slowed me down a lot. With fresh tyres, I could've set the fastest lap there and instead it was a 2:01. Set my fastest lap on lap 11.

Laps 4, 5, 10, 11 and 12 were all sub 2 minutes. With laps 3, 6 and 9 also possible to go sub 2 minute. 8 maybe as well (the outlap) but I think you have to really nail it and have no traffic at the wrong parts of the track.

Overall time 24:59.

Sub 24:45 is definitely possible. And the aliens can likely do a sub 24:30.

20220622_124457.jpg

20220622_125539.jpg

20220622_125609.jpg

@Grimm6Jack @Saargasm
and everyone else already running the Alpine :

I'm really looking forward to soon buy the car at the LCD and race it on Tokyo - you all made me very curious.
The Aston is a great car and I'm more than content as I can do the race quite constantly in the 25:50s now.
The Alpine though seems to be a very interesting alternative - thank you guys for your race reports.

There's one thing I'd like to know however ( didn't find anything in the posts above ) :

Do you need driving assists similar to the 2J or is it possible to handle the car with just ABS.
Just asking because, you know, using CSA, ASM, BSM, CSM, DSM etc. etc. makes me shiver. :lol:

Do you need driving assists similar to the 2J or is it possible to handle the car with just ABS.
Just asking because, you know, using CSA, ASM, BSM, CSM, DSM etc. etc. makes me shiver. :lol:
No. With ABS Default + TCS 1 it's easily controllable. (I'm using controller)
Actually the 2J build with comfort medium and body height 90 is also controllable with ABS Default + TCS 1 only ... Just release fuel pedal on the slightest tendency of rear wheel losing grip and it'll be fine (most time). 🤣

But since they are all kind of glitched build so probably you'll want to check if they still work after tomorrow's patch ...

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Just asking: does the AFK exploit on Pan Amaerican chamionship still works on 1.16 with the Tomahawk SRT S?

Can't find the answer...and don't want to spend 1 million on the car for nothing.

Tx in advance.
Yes it does for me no problem. The only thing you need to be aware of, if you haven't done your daily mileage when you get the ticket it knocks the script out. What i do is set a 15 minute reminder from when I start it, and then just restart the script

Last edited:
Unless you can beat 24:33, the 2J is better. :)
Done

here is the last 2 laps of a run where I did a 1:55.1. This run was a 24:38.x total, I shared the replay on the ps5 with the tag a220tokyo, maybe you can find it.
Like he posted above I usually pit after lap7, gives good use of the tires since they wear more as it dries.

Here is the tune I used, tweaked to help rear wear vs the original posted tune.
85E3805F-22B9-41BB-8FE6-E6CC61CE3FBC.jpeg

Attachments

• 3888BA77-C555-4758-A8B2-58996F92085F.jpeg
    3888BA77-C555-4758-A8B2-58996F92085F.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 31
It’s currently in the legendary car dealership for 2.5 million. It’s also the reward for getting all hold on The Sun Also Rises missions.

It handles really well and can lap Tokyo in 1:58 or so.

View attachment 1160422

Tried this set up and my 2j wont go to 597 with it.
Body stiffened also as suggested,

Can anyone shed some light on what maybe casusing it to not work?

Tried this set up and my 2j wont go to 597 with it.
Body stiffened also as suggested,

Can anyone shed some light on what maybe casusing it to not work?

really not sure. all i can say is make sure you've got the same equipment, such as the same brakes and brake pads and the same LSD settings. sorry, hard to say really what you're missing. gotta be exact same ballast and dampening and everything obviously.

Last edited:
Done

here is the last 2 laps of a run where I did a 1:55.1. This run was a 24:38.x total, I shared the replay on the ps5 with the tag a220tokyo, maybe you can find it.
Like he posted above I usually pit after lap7, gives good use of the tires since they wear more as it dries.

Here is the tune I used, tweaked to help rear wear vs the original posted tune.
View attachment 1164045

So, it's actually faster with Assists? I noticed you had many of them ON.

Well, definitely helps given the car is not that stable because of how light it is, and the aero of the 60s prototypes, plus the rain does make you lose traction on the slow/medium corners.

Also, does it help to have the AI on easy? Or it makes no difference? Since this is just for grinding I don't mind changing the difficulty if it makes the times faster (with traffic etc).

Last edited:
So, it's actually faster with Assists? I noticed you had many of them ON.

Well, definitely helps given the car is not that stable because of how light it is, and the aero of the 60s prototypes, plus the rain does make you lose traction on the slow/medium corners.

Also, does it help to have the AI on easy? Or it makes no difference? Since this is just for grinding I don't mind changing the difficulty if it makes the times faster (with traffic etc).
The assists seem to help me when the rears are really low because the fronts don’t really wear and the car is very loose in that state.
Forgot to add I usually fill fuel to 60% after lap 7 and that gets me to the end with only a small amount left.

Back