CREDIT GRIND - WTC 600 Tokyo Express - Glitches are Dead.

• Thread starter Grimm6Jack
  • 2,418 comments
Unless you can beat 24:33, the 2J is better. :)
Done with a 24:27 😊 Same setup I posted above.
89CD14F4-71ED-416B-A37F-A93C31162798.jpeg

Last edited:
Done

here is the last 2 laps of a run where I did a 1:55.1. This run was a 24:38.x total, I shared the replay on the ps5 with the tag a220tokyo, maybe you can find it.
Like he posted above I usually pit after lap7, gives good use of the tires since they wear more as it dries.

Here is the tune I used, tweaked to help rear wear vs the original posted tune.
View attachment 1164045

Thanks so much for posting this!!! I think I found where I'm losing time (ugh now I want to play so bad!! Why did I decide to get married, have kids and have a demanding job - should have gone the lazy lonely play-video-games-all-day route lol)

Maybe 0.5-seconds on first turn entry + exit. Biggest thing I noticed is that I am braking much stronger into the first S turn and also the sweeping right hander after the short straight following S turn. I'm also going to "reset" my transmission and put speed back at 330 - I think I lowered top to 320 and lengthened 2nd-4th by 10 KPH thinking it would save me time getting to the top speed on the straight, but I'm probably 1-gear higher than you for the majority of the lap.

Seriously, thanks for doing this

Given that engines are going around for free, I looked up Praiano's tune for the 787B engine swapped RX-7 for the 600PP Tokyo event. I tried to do one myself and it didn't go very well lol, but he managed to tame the car for the track and event pretty well. It's not as fast as the Alpine, but it's not too shabby and it's pretty fun to drive. The fuel economy with that engine is insane - I think on FM1 you can do like 22-laps without fuel. In better driving hands, this is a low 26-minute car - possibly upper 25's - for me I got 26:54 on the only attempt I've made.

Praiano's Mazda RX-7 Sprint R Type A (FD) '02 600PP

View attachment 1160889View attachment 1160890View attachment 1160891
Check your settings? I know gears don't have an effect anymore, so you can change your speed with no effect. Need racing trans and racing intercooler. Livery doesn't have an impact, but I know the wheels do. It's been awhile since I touched the settings, but I recall when I changed any of the other values, the PP jumped to mid 750ish PP range.
How did you get PP 591.43?
I've tried and can't get it down that low.

How did you get PP 591.43?
I've tried and can't get it down that low.
There are certain musts. Soft tires. Original stock tires. No modification on aero. Racing trans. Racing intercooler. Medium turbo and 29 acceleration differential. Everything else stock settings.

Is there a tune for the Veneno to be below 600 pp and be overpowered?
I posted a sub 26 minute Veneno setup here, but I'm nowhere near the 24:27 posted above with the A220:

For Tokyo I’ve tried the 2J with a few different tunes, but the Alpine is definitely faster for me. My typical race times are like 24:45 with a 1:55.2 best ever lap. Thing I don’t understand is why it’s sooo slow in the first lap when the track condition doesn’t change much from lap 1 to 2. My first lap is typically ~2:32 and second is ~ 2:04.
Do you use the setup posted at top of this site ( #1261 ) ?
I've bought the Alpine finally and wanted to try this when I'm back home.

Ah, I'm sorry ... must have been blind, found your tune now. :cool:

Last edited:
Just trying to tune my A220 to the tune thanks to z06fun above, and cannot get it lower than 748.42.
Is this tune still appropriate?

If I use the normal trans, I get it to 593.57, the Fully Custom: Manual, 737.37, and the :Racing as above.
What am I missing?

Just trying to tune my A220 to the tune thanks to z06fun above, and cannot get it lower than 748.42.

If I use the normal trans, I get it to 593.57, the Fully Custom: Manual, 737.37, and the :Racing as above.
What am I missing?
The tune works for me. Did you buy any of those irreversible upgrades such as crank shaft or body stiffening? I think you have to not have those.

So i'm gonna try this soon, i'm race at Sardegna most of the time with the 787B much easy win. But i'm getting bored there...

Not as far as I know.
I'll chuck a picture up in a sec....
I did a post in this thread or similar Tokyo one if you want to reference. It's extremely particular for this tune though. As Pizzapants stated, no perm mods. But you also need to keep the stock tires, no aero or bodykits or adjustments to pretty much anything aside from AR bars and initial & braking under the Diff settings. Another common miss is the racing intercooler and 29 for acceleration under the diff settings.

I’m doing 25 minute races in the A220. How are you all getting this done in an hour?

Edit: Love this car so much. Just made a set up. Will see how it goes.

Edit2: After being spun out, by the NSX, while I’m leading on Lap 8 and me getting a 15 second penalty, switched out the CS for SH. Much better.

1659132126387.png

Edit3: Run as hard as you like. This car has excellent fuel economy at la Sarthe. Same here. 1.5Laps left in the tank.
1659137868846.png

Last edited:

What am I missing?

You have to use the stock wheels and wheel offsets. If you’ve ever applied a theme they’re probably not stock.

I Know there are plenty faster drivers out there but this is my best effort so far using DS4 controller.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20220731090620-A220.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220731090620-A220.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 24
I Know there are plenty faster drivers out there but this is my best effort so far using DS4 controller.
That's a very solid time! I've backed off a bit from trying to break 25-mins as I was getting too frustrated when I'd get a penalty or if a back-marker was in the apex when I was coming by. 25:09 is my fastest RT (Also using PS5 controller) and 1:57.2xx fastest lap. Awhile back someone posted vid of them getting RT of 24:40 or something with multiple laps around 1:54

Last edited:
Back